A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 304,867
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 436845 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1660 on: March 25, 2013 10:17:34 AM »

The flowers are cute jilly, you know what I learned with daisies clippies. Shelf liner for baby hair is a must! It stops the clippies from slipping off, you just glue it to the inside of the clip
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013 10:18:07 AM by mama24boyz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Smeddley

« Reply #1661 on: March 25, 2013 12:35:22 PM »

Man, step away from the thread for a month and I'm 50 pages behind!  Everyone had such great projects (yup, I actually looked through all 50 pages!). 

I need to post the stuff I've made, as soon as I remember what it was...

The most interesting thing I did was cook 7 new Greek recipes for a friend's birthday party.  That was exhausting!  But everyone said they loved the food, so it was worth it.

I still prefer the way I make stuffed cabbage, but the bread was good and the ouzo sorbet was amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1662 on: March 25, 2013 01:06:58 PM »

That reminds me...it is getting close to the end of the month, so please check page one to see if I left you off to qualify for the March monthly drawing...I might have missed how your project fit into the themes... Cheesy

I checked the random post number...we are getting close to that as well...so keep posting...!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1663 on: March 25, 2013 01:21:02 PM »

I haven't been updating on this thread but I've made 20 baby hats since Friday evening  Grin
Here's a selection of them, basic beanies for boys and mostly ripples for girls but I have used another couple of girl patterns too. My sister mentioned her school was involved with a baby charity and "could you make some hats if you have time?" I have nothing but time so I can't wait to see her face when we next meet up  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1664 on: March 25, 2013 01:58:02 PM »

Always, I love that prayer flag. It's beautiful.
trina, I bet you sell all the red necklaces!
kookaloo, that's a lot of hats! Well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
Sera unravled
« Reply #1665 on: March 25, 2013 02:06:30 PM »

I made a wreath, it is almost done. I made it for the sole purpose of replacing the christmas wreath that is still hanging on the front door, but I like it too much to risk it getting ruined outside, so I am hanging it in my living room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goktrose
The Mad-town Crafter

If you stumble, make it part of your dance.

« Reply #1666 on: March 25, 2013 02:15:23 PM »

Kookaloo_Starr: Love those beanies! Whenever I try to make children's beanies, I have trouble with my gauge and it ends up too small, too large, or just plain wonky!

sheepBlue: That Harry Potter wallet is amazing!

trinalocakary: You are just whipping out those necklaces, and they are all so lovely!

alwaysinmyroom: That prayer flag just screams spring to me, it is so pretty!

I have been busy cleaning ad organizing up a storm over here! The maintenance people in my building are stopping in Wednesday to check for any repairs and last year they yelled at me for how messy my room is, so this year I am going to make sure everything is spotless. It is taking me much longer than planned since I have SO MANY tiny crafty odds n ends everywhere. :-/

Other than that, I have started a quick pair of arm warmers for myself, finished one so hopefully tonight there will be pictures of those and of my clean crafting area to share!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
I am always up for a personal swap! Odds and ends are my anti-drug.
Smeddley

« Reply #1667 on: March 25, 2013 04:06:05 PM »

Okay, I feel bad for this picture dump, but if I don't catch up now I'll just keep falling more and more behind and then it's harder and harder to catch up!  So...  away we go...

11. Art for the 4x6 Art Swap!

12. One Tiny Thing Secret Partner Swap - yet another wrap bracelet!  I just can't stop making these things, and when I saw it on her Pinterest...

13. Tiara for friend's birthday (only 6 or so more of these to make...)

14. Finished the second assignment from Lifebook 2012 - it was supposed to represent our light and dark sides, but... I rarely follow directions.  It started off on the right track, but...  Anyway, there are a few things I like, but so much I'd change and so much I need to work on.

15. Another LB 2012 assignment, you basically paint a bunch of random things then only let it peak out.

16. LB 2012 Shaman/Animal Spirit assignment.  I cannot take credit for the picture, I found it randomly on the internet (it probably has some horrible association I don't know about!) and tried to "fanart" it, if you will.  The only thing I'm really proud about with this is that it is entirely watercolor, even the whiskers.

17. LB 2013 - Game board and cards.

18. LB 2013 - Goals and mode of transport.  I did not add the goals or grounding words, as I said, I rarely follow directions.  But I am almost happy with this one!

19. LB 2013 - Unstumpification.  Okay, this assignment made me mad.  Basically, the woman teaching the lesson said that if you trace a figure, it will look "stumpy" and wrong, and what you need to do is elongate everything to make it look "right" and still "real" and "in proportion".  That's what fashion drawings do.  And that's not at all a problem with body image or anything.  Making someone 3 feet taller and still just as narrow isn't making them "skinnier", she claims, just "not stumpy".  Whatever.

20. LB 2013 - This lesson had something to do with courage and facing fear, but mostly it was an excuse to play with masking fluid and spray inks.  I disliked it a lot at first, but it grew on me.  I'm not saying I love it, but it won't go in the "hideous" section of my book.

21. LB 2012 - Painting over an image transfer.  This was my second go at this, I dislike it as much as my first attempt.  Okay, not quite as much, but I've decided I just don't like the technique.  Maybe I'm not getting enough of the paper off, but it leaves a fuzzy, hard to paint surface and the transfers always seem too dark.

22. Mini Art!  Some LB pages in miniature, some just random drawings

23. Duck Cross Stitch

24-27 Tiny Monsters!  Originally for the One Tiny Monster Swap (#2 has been received!), I couldn't stop making them...

28. Bracelet.  Again.

Phew!  That's all I've been up to, I'll make sure never to dump that much on you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
texscrapper

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1668 on: March 25, 2013 04:29:06 PM »

Smeddly you have been a busy bee! That art is amazing and I LOVE that last bracelet you posted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for personal swaps! Longing for a "Muffin Man" type poppet for
my son.

2014 Crafts
50 Projects in 2014 - 15/50
De-stash Projects Completed - 25

Total Projects in 2014: 40
Swap Packages Sent: 14
DawnsTrees
« Reply #1669 on: March 25, 2013 04:49:23 PM »

I love everything that has been posted!

I just got back from the conference - the tin boxes and magnets that I made for the silent auction were well received - perhaps a bit too much so! They are not made for quite as much handling as they got and I needed to do some on-the-fly repair work. Lessons learned: next time bring additional supplies with me (ie glue), neither washi tape nor paper on metal really hold up to lots of handing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Justin Somper Talks About Empire of Night
Editor Emily Meehan Talks About Hush, Hush
David Mas Masumoto Talks About Wisdom of the Last Farmer
Leila Sales Talks About Mostly Good Girls
Chuck Hogan Talks About The Town
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...