A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 424328 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1530 on: March 13, 2013 11:46:13 PM »

(anyone who has seen Beverly Hills Chihuahua seen once knows what "mi corazon" means Wink)

Actually, I know what mi corazon means because of Placebo  Tongue

ok, so I don't know Placebo well.  Tongue  I only know "Running Up That Hill".  Undecided  but hey!  new song to download!  Grin  so thank you!

On the spanish topic.  Ive heard the rosetta stone is excellent.  But good grief-talk about an expensive way to rip off some one!  Does anyone have any cheaper reccomendations?  Free places online?  Or someone willing to swap for their old spanish learning course?  Theres so many spanish speakers here, that Ive decided that I am going to learn spanish. 

Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish by Margarita Madrigal. It's available on Amazon and is reasonably priced.

KK, transducion para usted, (translation for you):

The dog, the dog is my heart
The cat, the cat, the cat is no good
Cilantro is a singer, Cilantro is famous
Cilantro is the man with the devil's cheese (or cheese of the devil)
The dog, the dog, never without reason (sin = without, no; there may be other definitions too)
The cat, the cat, the cat is obscene...

The rest, I have no clue. And I'm not sure if "obseno" means "obscene" but I'm pretty sure it's something along those lines.
I'm surprised I knew THAT much!

the video had the guy saying the translation at the end, but it was a little hard for me to hear, so I didn't catch everything.  and what I didn't catch was at the end of the song...the part you didn't finish!!!  lol.  the last line has to do with Cilantro kissing better than your husband.  lol.  I only knew the the first dog and cat part, that Cilantro is very (you forgot that part Wink) famous, and that Cilantro has something to do with cheese and the devil.  everything else was lost on me (well, except "the dog" and "the cat").  oh, and yes, "obseno" is obscene.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
katara
« Reply #1531 on: March 14, 2013 12:26:56 AM »

Thanks everyone!  I'm going to get Madrigal's Magic Key to Spanish from Amazon for a start.   RS is expensive but thankfully we have access to it at work.  The bummer is that you have to listen to it there which is why I was considering purchasing it because that way I could share it with Lana.  She takes Spanish at school and has lessons, but really needs work on her conversational skills.  (so do I!)

Have you tried googling: free online spanish lessons for beginners
I just typed it in and there seems to be a lot of free resources available.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1532 on: March 14, 2013 12:30:42 AM »

KK, after reading over it again the last bit is:

Cilantro is a lover, Cilantro is loving (amo = love, don't know why I didn't put it together before; I Googled "carioso")
Cilantro is a better kisser than your husband.

Katara, free resources aren't always reliable and have to be weeded through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #1533 on: March 14, 2013 12:57:48 AM »

FG, you would think I would know the Spanish word for husband since that is a word I learned in class, but it just wasn't one that stuck.  Cheesy  I was more interested in knowing cat, dog, el chupacabra (which we didn't learn but I figured out by looking in the small dictionary at the back of my text book), and the basic colors.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1534 on: March 14, 2013 01:16:29 AM »

Esposo = husband, esposa= wife. Esposo/esposa literally translate to male spouse/female spouse.

I think it helps that my boyfriend and some of his Hispanic college friends would speak in Spanish sometimes when we would hang out, just for him to practice. They liked picking on me because I could understand but couldn't remember enough to reply in Spanish. Though they did think it was cute that I could tell them f*** you and kiss my ass in Spanish because I have a "sweet look", as they call it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deathbeforedishes
Embroidery Addict

She believed she could, so she did.

« Reply #1535 on: March 14, 2013 08:10:50 AM »

SilverMoon... those Pi symbols are just too awesome. I am still a noob to crocheting amigurumi, but I am going to have to give that a try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/leilaninaomi/

5/50 2014 Projects
53/50 2013 Projects (woohoo!!!)
I do personal swaps!
Cheesy
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1536 on: March 14, 2013 09:06:53 AM »

Prepare to be bombarded with crafts!  I finally got my pictures uploaded!  lol!

First up, the baby shower invites for my SIL's baby shower next month.  Why did I chose to cut out a bunch of mini triangles?  'Cause I'm crazy, that's why!  ^_^

Some pom pom cat toys for the Spokane Humane Society.  I woke up really early on Saturday morning and didn't want to bombard my sleeping husband with the sounds of the sewing machine doing its thang out in the living room at like 6am.  So, I worked on a quiet project instead.  ^_^  These were actually a lot of fun to make and easy, too!  And I already had all my yarn in the living room, anyway.

Some pillow cat beds also for the Humane Society.  Yay for destashing!  I have so much fleece at home.  I ended up using up almost all of my fiberfil, too, but I didn't have to buy any supplies to makes these at all.  Yay!

And now for my IYP swap package to chughes225!

Two loom beaded bracelets, one that's just pretty and the other in Gryffindor colors.

An almost 50' scarf garland that I made on my knifty knitter loom for chughes' amazing HP themed Christmas tree.  I only had to buy like 2 skeins of yarn, the rest I had on hand.  Yay for more destashing!  ^_^

A set of HP peg people ornaments.  I made her Ron, Harry, and Hermoine for another swap, so I figured she needed more.

A set of HP watercolor portrait ornaments of some of the teachers.

A set of cork ornaments based on Luna Lovegood's cork necklace that she wears.  It will keep nargles out of chughes' tree.  ^_^

A covered cigar box to hold all of her new ornaments.  I first covered the edges of the box in Elmer's decorative tap and then mod podged on the HP themed paper.  I really liked how it turned out.

And this mini potions cabinet!

And here are the invites to my hubby and twin's birthday party, also next month!  I've got some party planning ahead of me!  ^_^

Woo!  Sorry for so many pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
gingerberrycc
« Reply #1537 on: March 14, 2013 10:57:10 AM »

Love the potion's cabinet (and especially all of the tiny potions inside)!

and missmoppet, that doggie bowtie is adorable! He looks like a little man!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissingWillow
Global Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1538 on: March 14, 2013 12:38:25 PM »

I love everything you posted, jillybeans.  Great job on the potions cabinet! 

I just posted a little craft storage caravan I made for LimeRiot.  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=421532

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Farm Life Blog  
I'm a shepherd and have raw fleece.  PM me if you want to swap for some.

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read all about it here
yofi
« Reply #1539 on: March 14, 2013 03:24:52 PM »

As always so many great projects!  Some times Im inspired to try something new myself sometimes Im just awed by the incredible talent of others.

I wanted to post these today because today is

12.Pi(e) Day Pies!
I made chocolate peanut butter pies with reeses cups for 3.14.  (Some of us ate at 1:59) And a few little peach pies and pecan pies for those poor fools who dont like peanuts.

13. Mixed Berries hats

Using up the last of a massive skein of Joanns yarn.  Hats for the charity bag to be delivered this fall!

And I dont count this as a craft but I did want to show off one of my organization goals.  This entire stack of some 40-45 magazines is heading to the Laundromat s a donation, once I tore out the pages I was interested in.  They've been sorted into the files, which are: recipes, skill sets (wiring, painting, etc), how-to crafts, interior decorating ideas, exterior ideas.  A space saver, and the ideas get seen (and hopefully implemented) more easily. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for People-In-Landscapes Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Panorama Stitch Pictures
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Night Portrait Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Night Landscape Scenes
How to Optimize the Panasonic G1/GH1 for Museum Scenes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...