A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
329 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 418608 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SilverMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1130 on: February 20, 2013 01:32:05 PM »

and......DING DING DING  Post 1120 is a random post winner!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheee! Thanks AMIR!

And thank you everyone for the complements on the gloves. I bought the pattern last year, with the intent of making a pair for her last birthday, but decided my knitting skills weren't up to par, because bobbles are scary. Nothing much had improved on the knitting front, but I figured what the hey, I'll YouTube the bits I don't know, and if they turn out messy I'll sell them, or worst case scenario frog them. I even altered the pattern a bit - not because I didn't want to attempt stranded colorwork, but because I liked the look of the "vents" someone else had posted on Ravelry better.

That grey stitch across the black vent section at the top is just a slipped stitch! I just learned about slipping stitches for the edge on my Doctor scarf, but I was stunned and just a little bit excited to realise you could use it across two rows like that to avoid colorwork - so exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #1131 on: February 20, 2013 03:27:49 PM »

chelsea, the colors in your ruffle scarf are so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
waggonswest

« Reply #1132 on: February 20, 2013 06:02:03 PM »

Great work everyone.  I still can't keep up enough to comment on everything, but I am loving what you are all making.  And inspired as always. 

One I can finally share.  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=420588.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
yofi
« Reply #1133 on: February 20, 2013 06:29:51 PM »

So much stuff to catch up on!  And so little time!  Unfortunately, I am losing my internet access at work.  Perhaps not losing, but gaining a new layer of supervision inspecting my web travels.  While my boss doesnt care about my logging onto Craftster at work, his boss might!  Since I dont have computer service at home, it means Ill be checking in a lot less frequently.  But I plan to keep up!  Heres a few pictures of some of my projects.

This is a bad picture of the three pairs of flannel pajamas I made last month. 

One of the challenges I want to take on this year is sewing clothing.  I started with just about the most rudimentary kind of pattern I could think of and still realized how much I need to learn.  Still, theyre nice and warm even if I could fit have my family in the first pair.  (Honestly, its more like a flannel tent tied around my waist!)

5. Felted scorpion hats
A million years after every other knitter out there, I discovered felting wool.  My attempt to make a Christmas hat for a co-worker was less than successful.  (Hint: I was not trying to make a top hat.)

I tried again, using a slip-stitch mosaic pattern of a scorpion from Barbara Walker, and produced two versions.  He claimed them both.  (Indoor and outdoor, doncha know!)

6. More felted hats
Emboldened by my success and the number of patterns in Walkers book I wanted to try out I produced a few more felted caps.

But I was hyper-critical of those, and didnt feel they were good enough to give to some of my favorite fellow Capricorns, so I quickly whipped up.

7. Emergency hats

Which they pronounced good, and wore them throughout dinner.  Which was capped off with.

8.  Birthday cake!

Three layer peppermint chocolate cake, separated by layers of whipped cream, and frosted with a chocolate ganache that required one pound of chocolate.  Its a good thing.  I also made spiced nuts: lime cashews, lemon-chili peanuts, and cumin pepitas for nibbles.

But its not all decadent food.
9. Homemade yoghurt

The cost of Greek yoghurt is going down; I saw a 32-ounce container of plain Chobani on sale for $5 at the store last week.  Still, I get almost 3 quarts of Greek yoghurt for a $2.50 gallon of milk and I think it tastes much, much better.  (And, having it on hand encourages me to eat a lot more of it!)

Ive got a couple more projects partly finished, and I can tell the sap is rising Ive got all sorts of crazy ideas and not enough time in the day.

I love seeing what everybody is doing!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1134 on: February 20, 2013 06:34:35 PM »

Wow, such awesome hats yofi! They are ALL incredible.

And isn't yogurt the easiest thing to make ever? Plus the taste can't be beat. Yum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

endymion

« Reply #1135 on: February 20, 2013 06:37:35 PM »

Wagonswest, that quilt is fantastic!

And ALL the hats are fabulous, yofi! (I actually like the tall "tophat" one!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yofi
« Reply #1136 on: February 20, 2013 07:11:48 PM »

Thanks!

(I confess, I wear it sometimes.  Makes me feel a little like a demented Cat-in-the-Hat character....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chelseahavoc
« Reply #1137 on: February 20, 2013 07:39:58 PM »

o...m...g... that cake.... i would so just slam my face into it to eat yum yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

costuming isn't just for haloween
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #1138 on: February 21, 2013 01:45:39 AM »

I finished an item I just added to the list today!  lol.  I wanted to play with the new tiny rose beads, and the idea hit me, so I added it to the list and put it together!  Grin  here it is:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #1139 on: February 21, 2013 04:55:31 AM »

The hats are fantasic and that necklace rocks!

Underthemountain--I meant to ask what yarn you used for your bags---did you double up the yarn like the pattern says?  I love the bag but was not sure what the yarn was that was used in the pattern...I want to make a few of them for spring market shopping! Cheesy

It's cotton yarn maybe Bernat?  I bought it in the summer when they bring out the fun colors.  Yes, I doubled it up.  I think if you don't that it won't be strong enough.  It is a really nice bag.  I'm thinking of making one for me with all the leftovers.  LOL.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Oyster Stuffing
How to Make Corn Maque Choux
Apple and Ham Eggs Benedict Recipe
The Missing Black Chefs
How to Make Authentic Texas BBQ
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...