A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,601
Currently Running With Scissors:
735 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 407
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED-50 Projects 2013--You Know You Can Do It!  (Read 404588 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #1020 on: February 12, 2013 05:59:44 PM »

I love the tie purse Senator

Cute minion hat - miss moppet
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1021 on: February 12, 2013 07:44:47 PM »

Clever purse design....

Lots of cute hats,too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

endymion
« Reply #1022 on: February 13, 2013 01:22:57 AM »

That panda bath mitt is really cute, and love the Minion hat, too!

The necktie purse is so clever -- I have seen several things made out of neckties, but I like your idea best.

The Valentine jar is pretty, too. Can't believe Valentine's day is Thursday! I really need to do something about that...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: February 13, 2013 09:24:12 AM »

For me, it takes about two days to do one sock... Cheesy  I have tried the two socks at a time and it was so confusing to me that it took four times as long! Cheesy  I know indigo_roses and Kookaloo also make socks...they are probably way faster than I am!

I'm not fast either! I prefer the two at a time on one needle method so they're both finished together. I tried dpns and can't control them  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1024 on: February 13, 2013 09:28:52 AM »

For me, it takes about two days to do one sock... Cheesy  I have tried the two socks at a time and it was so confusing to me that it took four times as long! Cheesy  I know indigo_roses and Kookaloo also make socks...they are probably way faster than I am!

I'm not fast either! I prefer the two at a time on one needle method so they're both finished together. I tried dpns and can't control them  Roll Eyes

Id probably be slow sock knitter too.  I love to knit-but Im slow.  Thats why my knit projects are reserved for special occasoins for extra special people.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
P_E_S_T

Toes wrapped in wool, fingers wrapped in clay

Hanging out in the woods

« Reply #1025 on: February 13, 2013 10:41:04 AM »

It's been ages since I've had some time to say hi - so quick update, I've not disappeared hoooorah ! I  am on a much needed holiday in the beautiful sea side village of mousehole (yes where that story is from)
I thought I would pop on here and say hi and give you a window into my week, today whilst my children waded knee deep (with jeans and wellies on that are now hanging over the aga) my husband and I trawled the beach hand in hand searching for hidden treasures of sea glass and pottery. We came up with a large haul and I cannot wait to get home and make wonderful things ! I'm sure they will appear in various swaps. '
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/kaydensmumm/

LATEST project - I'm compiling a "handed down" recipes boom and so if I get you in a swap, would you be so kind to find a recipe from your childhood. type it up - if you want to decorate, then please do :

There was a woman who felted
And felted all day long
StickerChic87
« Reply #1026 on: February 13, 2013 10:58:48 AM »

Yay! I finally made a tshirt scarf-a project that has been on my to do list forever. Im so glad it is finally done! Grin

Posted here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenNinjaMonkey

Write that down in your pirate pad.

« Reply #1027 on: February 13, 2013 12:20:51 PM »

I love that scarf! Did you use a machine or hand sew? I want to make my son a t-shirt quilt but I've heard using a machine on them can be wonky.

I've been working on sewing together my braided T-shirt rug but no matter what I do it keeps curling up like a bowl.  Sad  So I put it aside for now in favor of making Valentine's Day stuff and more Adventure Time ornaments.

Here are Jake and Lady Rainicorn

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest

150 Projects In 2014
8/150
My List
StickerChic87
« Reply #1028 on: February 13, 2013 12:29:15 PM »

I love that scarf! Did you use a machine or hand sew? I want to make my son a t-shirt quilt but I've heard using a machine on them can be wonky.

Thanks! I did machine sew it, I was just very careful not to pull the fabric too tight, but to align the seams at the same time. It is by no means perfect, but the seams match up for the most part, and I figure they wouldnt be noticeable once it was being worn anyways. Plus Im too impatient for hand sewing, unless I absolutely havvvvve to. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #1029 on: February 13, 2013 12:58:08 PM »

P_E_S_T - you're so close to me right now! haha! what a major seaglass find! I'm feeling like I might head over to Mousehole myself for a beachy wander (non-Cornish peeps - it's pronounced "Muzzle", and it's right next to a place called "Paul" - so you see adverts for houses "Near Paul", which make me giggle)  Grin

QueenNinjaMonkey - when I've done rag rugs in the past I've found the trick is to relax, like with knitting, and have no tension in the fabric, otherwise it pulls itself into a ball when your finished. Keep on though, it's well worth it! Smiley Love your ornaments too

StickerChic87 - what is a t-shirt scarf?! Are they old t-shirts - that's awesome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 407 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Slime & Other Fun Indoor Activities For Your Kids This Summer
NASA Comes to Airstream
Amy_Vignette
Airstream: Maintaining a Legacy in Jackson Center, Ohio
Making Narrow Quilt Borders
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...