A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,849
Currently Running With Scissors:
701 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: feedback and missing international packages  (Read 378 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2014 01:47:27 PM »

I'm organizing a swap with several international packages that are taking a significant time to arrive. Is there any guideline available as to when to call a package missing between Canada and US or Germany and US? I know I have sent to Australia and had it take 5 weeks, but that seems very excessive to me.

I know the policy is to give positive feedback once my senders have shown proof of sending their international packages, but is that still the case if the sender says they want to remake the package? I just want to be sure...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014 03:41:20 PM »

That doesn't surprise me actually - I have shipped packages from Ontario Canada, and have had it take up to 4 weeks or so to make it to the US West Coast states using airmail no less, and same with items I have ordered from California have taken a month before too.  Sometimes it can take a week only.  I had one swap package coming to me from Washington or Cali that was thought to be lost, and arrived maybe 4 weeks later, and my sender did send a replacement package and it literally arrived within a day or two of the first one. 

On saying that also though, I shipped a package for Christmas from my city to Ottawa once, which is about a 6 hour drive from me, and it took almost a month to get there - tracking showed it was sitting in a depot on the other side of the city for a couple of weeks - I could have chewed nails.  Also I shipped a swap package to some who is in a small town in my province, I think only a couple of hours away from me, and Canada Post, in it's eternal wisdom, sent it by way of a completely different province, so it also took almost a month to get there - I could have walked it to her faster, on my knees, and backwards - unfortunately postal services is not consistent or as reliable as we would want them to be.

It may be a hold up on customs too, or even how sorting machines read the addresses if they are not done quite how it is preferred for that postal service.  You may just have to be generous with time.  Perhaps have the people posting inquire the expected time for shipping, and give it another few days just to make sure before presuming it is lost.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014 08:59:49 AM »

Sometimes international sending can be so frustrating! As a rule, I'd wait four to six weeks before calling a package "missing", especially if Canada post is involved. At that time, if it's still not accounted for, I'd either have the partner resend (keep them in progress), or give the partner positive feedback as long as they have valid proof of shipping, and then get an angel for their partner.

I hope the packages show soon! I hate hearing of lost crafts.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014 06:16:54 PM »

Ship times i have experienced from canada post

Aus-nz... Up to nine weeks. With eight being average
Europe-up to seven weeks with five being average
Uk- up to six weeks with three and a half being average

US-depends which half of the continent you are sending to and from

East to east-up to four week but ten days is pretty average
East to west-up to four weeks with two being average

All of these shipping times are for surface (cheapest option).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon SD770 IS: Set Timer Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Spot Meter Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Image Resolution Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Image Quality Function
Canon SD770 IS: Set Manual Mode (M)
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...