A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,143
Currently Running With Scissors:
323 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft my Character Swap (S.U's until Jan 15th, S.O Feb 12th)  (Read 20010 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IsikkahJai
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 25, 2012 11:06:07 PM »

SWAP GALLERY LINK!!!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=419489.msg4970016#msg4970016

Swap name: Craft My Character swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Isikkahjai
Sign-up date range: December 25th-15th
Date to send item by: February 12th

Limited to a certain number of people?: NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

This will be a 4 POINT swap! You will be required to craft at least ONE LARGE or ONE MEDIUM item. IN ADDITION, you will craft or BUY something small/medium [/size]that relates to the character you have chosen to craft that is a WEARABLE/USABLE. (Jewelry, key chains, cell phone charm, headbands, finger/sock puppets, felt food, scented soap/lotion/nail polish, Stationary/Note card writing set---whatever Wink ) As long as it is to your partner's tastes and preferences.

THIS IS AN "ANY ART GOES" SWAP!! You can use any medium you like to craft for this swap. Painting/drawing, amigurumi/stuffies, quilts, embroidery, mixed media, ATC collage, jewelry design, Scrap booking, knit/crochet etc.

This swap has several options that a participant can choose for themes. One or all may be used in deciding what characters you would like to be crafted.
      1) Create a brand new character of your own design or offer up an already existing character from a book/manga/children's story you have written/are writing. If you choose this option, please provide a thorough description of this character for your partner and a small paragraph or two about his/her/it's background. Remember, the details COUNT! But please don't post information this on the questionnaire. Send it via PM to your partner that way if he/she chooses to craft this option, everything will be readily available for him/her.

2) List a bunch of your favorite characters that you would love to see crafted for you. They can be from any genre, any media. But please provide links for any obscure or not-well-known characters for your partner to research from.

3) In addition to option #2, you may also opt for a challenge and have any favorite character "altered" to your liking. EXAMPLE: A werewolf Tenth Doctor (from Doctor Who), a female Wolverine (X-men), a steampunk Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice), a dark angel Ichigo (Bleach), etc.

Extras may be sent between partners but BOTH MUST AGREE TO THIS!! No one wants to feel like a schmuck getting a boatload of extras but didn't send any Roll Eyes

IN ADDITION:
- You must post in this thread at least once a week.
- All announcements will be made here so please bookmark this page
- Please try to create a package that you are proud of and you think your partner will enjoy receiving do some research!
- Remember to take pictures, just in case your partner is unable to.
- Keep your receipts and DC#s
- Make sure you PM the organizer and your partner when you send and receive
- PM organizer with any other problems right away!

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Craft my Character swap

Craftster username :

Email address :

Your real name :

Mailing address including the country :

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country? :

Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO) :

Please list any aversions or allergies (smoke, pets, etc.) :

Please list any allergens in your home (smoke, pets, etc) :

List your favorite characters from tv, movies, anime, or books/graphic novels (NOTE: You may list one character on one line and use a second line for an "altered" option of the same character. If it is an obscure or not-well-known character, please provide a link for your partner to research)

favorite colors? :

least favorite colors? :

Is there anything that you would absolutely love to receive? :

Anything you would prefer NOT to receive? :

Any ideas you would like to receive on the small/medium wearable/usable item? :

What types of crafts do you or would you like to do this round? :

Do you have a wist, blog, personal website, etc., that would help your partner craft for you? :

Is there anything else you would like your partner to know? :

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013 02:04:12 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012 10:42:20 AM »

Swappers
1. IsikkahJai
2. dfabbric                                                        Partners!
3. Oath Keeper                                                          Dfabbric--IsikkahJai
4. Whysteria                                                             Whysteria--Baloo
5. littlemama25                                                          Littlemama25--zzdia
6. Bobomom                                                             Bobomom--Wizards_pupil
7. Smileyyoogini                                                         helena_puck--smileyyogini
8. chughes225                                                         noelle--pioneer9
9. Wizards_Pupil                                                       Alexampersandra--spikefan
10. zzdia                                                                   Oathkeeper--chughes225
11. hayleylujah                                                          Amigurl55-->Kyerinn-->hayleylujah(-->Amigurl55)
12. amigurl55
13. Helena Puck
14. Alexampersandra                                                               SENT
15. spikefan                                                                          RECEIVED
16. Baloo                                                                               Late with Communication
17. noelle                                                                            NO COMMUNICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
18. kyerinn
19. pioneer9
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013 12:24:12 AM by IsikkahJai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012 11:26:32 AM »

Oh gosh, I want to do this swap, but with the sign ups at the same time as the two swaps I said I would run next month... I'm just not sure if I will have the time. Plus I really only want to join this for crafted goodies of my Original Characters from my stories... Ah I am going to have to think hard about this >,<
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012 11:46:59 AM by Oath Keeper » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissSadieMae
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012 04:07:12 PM »

Sent in.. But I went blank on my characters lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audio
Nobody could do that much dcoupage without calling on the powers of darkness.

Galactic Empress Audrey The Nerdy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012 04:55:07 PM »

oooo, sounds like fun! I'll have to think about it a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012 05:21:01 PM »

Sent in.. But I went blank on my characters lol

I knoooowwwww...now that I set the swap I realized I couldn't think of more than one character to put down >.< DOH! Who would I want to see on my walls? Hmm.........

I feel your struggle OathKeeper! I so want to do the How to Train Your Dragon Swap but I might still be full if my ATC doesn't reach Belgium soon Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012 09:04:29 PM »

*Sigh* I'm weak. I did it. I joined Tongue lol. I'm only going to start the MLP swap net month so I figured I could move the dragon swap form Mid Jan to Mid Feb.
So I just sat here making lists of characters (that were WAY to long) and writing there names in piece of paper and drawing some to make my list and keep it short XD I already cant wait for this to start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
koalascout
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012 09:33:43 PM »

hmmm  Huh first to see if i have time to do this one and then to decide on characters
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012 02:33:14 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Oath Keeper!!!!! I was so upset I couldn't join the winter MLP swap T_T But with the Hearts and Hooves Swap, I can request Princess Cadence and Shining Armor stuff

OH!! HA! That can be one of my characters!! Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oath Keeper

Addicted to Plushies...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012 05:13:34 PM »

Talk about knowing how to make a person feel welcomed IsikkahJai lol. And that's true, it could. Ah is it time for partners yet??? lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Ice Sculptor Takeo Okamoto
How to Make an Ice Sculpture
Meet Sculptor Michael Shacham
A Look at the Works and Shows of Abstract Sculptor David Altmejd
Tom Otterness on the International Art World
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...