A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,688
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I gave birth to it, but it looks like it's giving birth to me! II -Super STAR!!!  (Read 2011 times)
Tags for this thread: superstar , spongebob , hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sallymayhomer
Happiness by Hand

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2011 07:26:20 PM »

Hey, Sally here, again, told you I have more. So I'm not sure how this will go, if I should do a bunch of projects per post or just one, but I think I'll go for the latter for now. Makes sense, in case anyone wants to refer to just one.. ever. Again I hope you don't get sick of me.

So I made the Sponge guy hat and it was a hit and the natural progression of course was to make him a buddy..and who is his best buddy? Duh..... sorry had a Patrick moment! (Yes..I AM a cheeseball)

I made him the same way I made his cohort.. pulled it out of my... head. I started on dpns making both of his legs and then started knitting in the round incorporating those legs as I cast on. Since he wears shorts of varied colors(can't see very well in the pic) I had to use the fairisle technique while knitting in the round(as well as on the dps first as you can see) and then the rest was cake..pink...in the round... tapered it as I went, made his arms seperately (like making a hood) and attached them. His eyes were crocheted(shh don't tell) oh, and his pupils are buttons, which I failed to mention about his friend..he had the same. I made his mouth seperately and again fairisle technique so the tongue looked ok and then attached, used some black yarn and made zigzags on his forhead for eyebrows (which I know you can't see, sorry!) and BAM. done.

Again, all of my actual patterns are in storage, but I find (and I hope you do too) that feeling it out as you go is the best way. This is the one and only pic I have of this hat, the ex sold it and I never made another. O and it's being modeled by a background extra named Frank while on the set of Ugly Betty during some down time. Thank youuuuu Frank.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We should all fear evil men, but what we should fear most, is the indifference of good men. On a lighter note..have you smiled today? If you have not, Just DO IT! If you have..do it again!
KnightTemplar

I'm a ninja zombie bunny robot princess.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011 07:45:52 PM »

Ahahaha! Oh wow, I love it! Even though I don't really like sponge bob.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To be a saint is the exception, but to be upright is the rule. err, falter, sin, but be upright.

I craft, and live in my spare time.
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011 08:09:21 PM »

The photo should win prizes! This made my night!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
granny5
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012 11:52:52 PM »

Do u have pattern. In writing
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AliciaAdalaide
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013 07:53:30 PM »

I don't know what's funnier the title of your post of the picture. All I know is I want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cholyknight
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013 07:58:47 PM »

That photo brought the biggest smile to my face XD The colors and face are just spot on! Absolutely perfect ^o^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website for free tutorials! Sew Desu Ne?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Take the Perfect Selfie Every Time!
The Best Drugstore Face Moisturizers
5 Things the Anti-Aging Industry Won’t Tell You
The Perfect Red Polish
Three Acne Concealing Makeup Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...