A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,590
Currently Running With Scissors:
791 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pattern Review McCall’s 6231 Mens Sleepwear  (Read 707 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlenaSelene
« on: December 16, 2012 09:54:11 AM »

Pattern Review McCall’s 6231 Mens Sleepwear

IMPORANT NOTE: I do not own a male mannequin. The robe is intended for a male, but is photographed on the only available half mannequin, which is female.

McCalls 6231 is a collection of mens sleepwear pieces to mix and match. The robe is shown in two lengths, with a self or contrasting band on the front and sleeves. The pajama top has a patch pocket and is shown with both long and short sleeves, and also in two lengths. The pajama bottoms can be made short length or pant length.

I made the robe View B with a contrasting band. I used a chocolate brown polyester charmuse for the body and belt, and a golden brocade with an Asian design for the contrasting bands.

The only design detail I changed was to add pocket flaps in the contrasting golden brocade.

The only construction technique I changed was the belt carriers. I always end up pinning or sewing bathrobe belts to the side seams so they don’t get lost. I eliminated the carriers and sewed the belt directly to the side seams. To make sure it fit right with the belt sewn this way, I had the robes wearer put the robe on and tie the belt. I pinned the belt to the side seams, then later sewed them in place. Now, the belt will never slip away from the robe.

The pattern went together quickly without fuss. The instructions were clear, and the final result looks like the pattern illustration.

I recommend this pattern. The final robe is quite luxurious. The multiple pieces and views make this pattern a bargain, you can create an entire sleep wardrobe to suit your taste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012 01:29:05 PM »

Very glamorous. I like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Slime
How to Make Red Playdough
How to Make Blue Plasticine
How to Make a Realistic Fake Beard
How to Make a Two Colored Bow
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...