A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 301,993
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help me identify this stitch?  (Read 803 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MrsThreehorn
Professional Interneter

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2012 09:13:50 AM »

I've just learned how to knit after crocheting for two years and I was looking for nice stitch patterns when I ran across this:

http://images4.ravelrycache.com/uploads/CastAwayCreation/4791609/Shep3_medium.jpg

Now the designer has categorized this as 'Crochet' but I'm fairly certain this is knitted, plus everything else she has designed is knitted.
I want to say it is either the Purl through the back loop stitch or the Slip knit yarn over pass stitch. But I can't really tell since I'm not exactly an experienced knitter.

Help an aspiring knitter out?  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandyandbingley
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012 10:19:16 AM »

Some people have taken to knitting with crochet hooks, so maybe she did that, so I do think I know how to do this with knitting needles. Wasn't the pattern available for download?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MrsThreehorn
Professional Interneter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012 10:31:20 AM »

Some people have taken to knitting with crochet hooks, so maybe she did that, so I do think I know how to do this with knitting needles. Wasn't the pattern available for download?

Hm you think so? I was thinking it kind of looks like it was loomed rather than knitted. I really have no clue I guess!
No, it's her personal pattern. I thought about messaging her to ask about the stitch pattern but she hasn't been active since September so I don't think I'll get a reply.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soozeq
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012 01:52:45 PM »

Yes, it's knit, though it's possible it was done as 'knooking' - knitting with a hook. But the ktbl would do it, alternating with a plain purl row. If you do it with a large enough needle, you don't need to make buttonholes, the stitches would be large enough to get a button through them, or between them.

The Fidget -http://www.onesheephill.com/fidget.html - uses twisted moss stitch, you could follow that for an idea of how many sts to use, though if you use a bulky, you'd want larger needles, 11 or 13s, a 9 is just too tight for a heavy yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sue
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Wall Sculpture by Robin Antar
About the Dying Art of Stone Carving
Giant Hot Wheels Sculpture
Sandcastle: Creating the Sand Pile
Creating the Towers of the Sandcastle
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...