A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,700
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Crackers ...but.. without.. crack >_>  (Read 527 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« on: December 16, 2012 04:51:09 AM »

We used to make these all the time when I was a kid, but only for decorations to hang on the tree - there was nothing in them, and we'd usually glue bookmarks on them rather than take the shortcut of using stickers (it sort of makes me sound older than I am - we had stickers, but that wasn't how it was done!)

For this christmas I had the urge to make a load of them, and put candy in them this time around. Still nothing that make them into the "cracker" bit of the name though, but I feel candy suffices Wink

Because I have no christmas tree for them, they're just all over the apartment, making it look like a cheerleader gathering, which also means I can't get them into one shot, soooo SPAM TIME

(boyfriend made this one!)

Fluffy reindeer isn't part of the cracker, it's just hanging out of the way of the cats... (and I like fluffy reindeer, but I did NOT buy him myself, it's an odd gift from mom)

Different style when my friend did hers this way which reminded me that's how we used to make them... but I prefer straight tassles

Sooo, yeah. I've got three hanging from my lamp (the last three, one of which didn't show up against the backlight of the window so I had to hold it against the fridge to take a pic), five hanging from my kitchen shelf, and five on my magnetic note board... Cheesy I'm going to have to make my parents buy a christmas tree soon and dump six of them on their tree Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
littlehajerika
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2012 10:33:16 PM »

I love these! I always think that I want to make them for christmas but I never get to it. Do you know if it's possible to buy the cracker part anywhere?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012 12:59:55 PM »

Thank you Smiley No idea, I don't even know what you use for it. But I guess google could help you with that! You probably have more resources for it in the US than we do here, as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Removing Pimples and Wrinkles in Photoshop
Adding Subtle Colors to a Black and White Image in Lightroom
Photoshop Curves Tutorial - Part 2
How to Add Reflections in Photoshop
How to Create Actions in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...