A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,932
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Website.  (Read 913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

supafreak
« on: December 15, 2012 12:50:37 PM »

Hi guys!  I just opened my new website
www.beansproutsboutique.com

I'd love if anyone has any ideas on how to be found.  I do not have a huge advertising budget.  Any ideas on this?

« Last Edit: October 03, 2013 02:52:42 PM by jungrrl - Reason: edited to comply with Craftster guidelines. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.beansprouts.com  Check It out!
etchingcrafts
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012 07:49:38 AM »

I like your products and website. But one thing I have to ask is, is there a large demand for those type of items.

I have worked in web marketing and the company I worked for created websites for a many craft type businesses and it is very tough.

You just need to find the right market to focus on. Maybe find a parenting forum to network with people also or those that are into home made fashion.

As you said doing giveaways and connecting with facebook groups would be great also. I would spend a day searching/ liking them, and start building relationships with them. Then ask if they would want to do a giveaway.

If you don't mind, how much did you pay for your website? I ask because I am thinking about starting a web design business shortly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chris in VT
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012 04:30:03 AM »

Use your site as a tool, not the only method to sell.

The absolute best way to get noticed is to go out and sign up for craft shows. Get your product out in front of the customers so they can touch them and see the quality.

As you hand out your business cards, highlight your website.  You see, when you sell at a show, your customer has friends who see your work and say "where did you get that?" Your customer gives them your card with your website, and you have a sale.

My prices are a dollar or two higher online than at the shows because like yours, it's lightweight and I can ship via the post office for just a few bucks. So I tell my customers there are no shipping charges. Online customers like that over another site that can charge almost as much as the item costs just for shipping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's NOTHING at a craft show, or on Etsy, anybody NEEDS. NOTHING.
www.shadypinestudios.com
montsa007

22 Year old guy who likes craft!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013 03:12:12 AM »

Looks interesting actually (Logo Font and Navbar Font).
You may want to do some social bookmarks, pintrest pins and Google +1's for the website to show up Smiley
Also add the website link in your signature
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got 5 Minutes to spare? - PM Me for free craft Ebooks Smiley
PaperBeau
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013 07:23:54 AM »

your products are gorgeous Smiley i agree with everyone else!

i know it seems scary, but honestly go out to local kids clothing shops and see if they will stock your products. I'm sure they would love to! You will have to knock a bit off your prices so they can make a profit (they will typically double the price you sell it to them for) but will order in larger bulk than an individual, so it's worth it if you can streamline your processes.

Craft fairs are also a great way to go.

From what I've seen - the craft stuff that really sells on line is either photography prints (where you can see exactly what your getting on your computer) and small cute items. You're top quality work needs to be felt and tried on to be appreciated and valued - you'll do best at craft shows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

polkadotzdiva
Polka Dotz Diva

Polka Dotz Diva

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013 07:05:05 AM »

Aww.. those are cute!

I like the site a lot.. feels homie and full of color and you can never go wrong with that! All I would suggest is get that footer updated with a little more information.

Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jonathan Alter Talks About The Promise
Charlotte Smith Talks About Dreaming of Dior
Rick Warren Reveals His Hobbies
Antwone Fisher Talks About A Boy Should Know How to Tie a Tie
Jimmy Gownley Reveals His Favorite Books
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...