A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,928
Currently Running With Scissors:
542 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: are you a good uterus or a bad uterus?  (Read 7398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

barefootbitches

je suis un le cool kid

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2005 06:03:04 PM »

The Mommie Dearest reference made me laugh out loud!

It's actually a pro-choice reference ... when abortion was illegal, some women resorted to having dangerous back-alley procedures done with coat hangers. 

yeah i was kind of confused as to how i made a mommy dearest reference. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

je suis un TRES cool kid
patriautism
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2005 08:54:03 PM »

Well, Mommie Dearest painted Joan Crawford as a crazy mean b!tch, as if her uterus was always a "bad uterus." Plus, her insane behavior came to a pinicle when she woke her daughter up in the middle of the night to have her scrub the grout in the bathroom and scream at her "NO WIRE HANGERS!" Anyway, it's the most memorable scene for me and it's what I immediately thought of when I saw the Bad Uterus Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barefootbitches

je suis un le cool kid

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005 09:45:02 PM »

Well, Mommie Dearest painted Joan Crawford as a crazy mean b!tch, as if her uterus was always a "bad uterus." Plus, her insane behavior came to a pinicle when she woke her daughter up in the middle of the night to have her scrub the grout in the bathroom and scream at her "NO WIRE HANGERS!" Anyway, it's the most memorable scene for me and it's what I immediately thought of when I saw the Bad Uterus Smiley

oh yeah i've heard of that! hah, that's funny. maybe mommie dearest was on to something...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

je suis un TRES cool kid
mom22cherubs
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2005 05:54:02 AM »

That's fantastic! Let's face it sometimes a uterus gets grumpy! And when the uterus ain't happy...no one's happy! I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazycatladymel
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005 09:35:46 AM »

Posting the uteri I (now that just sounds weird) made yesterday. I'm very excited, b/c this was the first remotely complex pattern I've attempted. Everyone thinks I'm insane, which makes it more fun. I had a blast yesterday, toting my knitting bag around and saying "a uterus" whenever anyone asked me what I was making. The people at the doctor's office were way more receptive than the people at the LYS.

The yellow one is for a friend of a friend. I had posted on my LJ that I was GOING to make one, eventually, and got an email urgently requesting a yellow uterus for a friend having a hysterectomy soon. So, I tackled it earlier than later. Once I got past the twisting & turning DPNs (they made me cranky, but after about 4-5 rows I was okay), it was all good. I figured I may as well make one for myself, since I was on a roll. No smiley faces or frowns on mine... her mood changes far too rapidly (but I love the idea). My poor husband is still baffled (so my work here is done).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessterri
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005 09:43:30 AM »

These are all wonderful!  Did anyone notice the Google ads that appear with this thread?  Abortion Methods next to Joan Crawford photos -- now that's an interesting combination that I'm sure doesn't pop up too often, if ever.

I don't knit but I would love to have one of these.  Is anyone interested in selling or trading?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brae_Day
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2005 09:50:03 AM »

Haha!  Goddessterri, my Google ads are for abortion clinics in India, (not really that funny) and quality wooden COAT HANGERS!  Heh! 

Crazycatladymel, did you put some kind of wire inside your uteri to help the fallopian (sp?) tubes stand up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhodora
i like giants

eyes like omens i've been told and

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2005 09:53:57 AM »

wow!  those are all so great!  crazycat- your green uterus reminds me of the green hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy guy.  not in a bad way!  just a bit of a resemblance!

awesome job everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rhodora Handcrafted by Sarah Jones - rhodora.etsy.com
ComputerKids.org! - HTML help, tutorials, advertising, and ideas for your site!
crazycatladymel
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2005 11:01:45 AM »

Brae_Day: I used 2-3 strands of jewelry wire, b/c that's what I had. I cut a piece 2-3x the length, folded them and wrapped the ends in masking tape. This made sticking the wires into the body tough, but the tubes seem to hold their shape pretty well.

rhodera: Ya know... that's an idea for my husband. Except that all he'll ever see is the uterus.

If you leave off the tubes and turn it upside-down, it looks like a pomegranate (sp).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazycatladymel
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2005 11:24:44 AM »

Just because... I didn't know where else to put it, but it's so cute... My "runt," Charlie, with knitted uterus #1 (in progress).

The green blankie in the background was a gift from a friend. It was supposed to be for me, but Charlie claimed it immediately.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The TV Wardrobes We Want to Raid This Fall
Jameelah Booker Unveils Her New Jacket Line at NYFW Spring 2014
3 Nonsurgical Ways to Boost Your Booty
2013 Emmys Fashion Predictions Revealed
Cara Delevingne Models Topshop For London Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...