A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,319
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 30 (green by 1/31, Send by Feb 4)  (Read 56881 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweetyetevil
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: January 22, 2013 05:49:44 PM »

It cost me over $50 to send out this round....with higher prices I will not likely be swapping out of the country swaps very often. I love making and getting goodies but to send a small item and it cost more to ship than to make kills me!! I usually will not swpa internationally except with this swap.I sent to the UK once and it cost me over $50 for one package...Thats a lot of extra crafting cash lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbrison

Genealogists trace history

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: January 22, 2013 08:00:30 PM »

Between this swap and one other swap I'm involved in I've spent well over $100 just this week in postage. I made the commitments, so I followed through despite the cost, but there's no way I could afford to repeat that kind of expense on a regular basis. As several of you have said, I'll have to rethink what I offer and go with smaller, lighter things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." - Helen Keller

http://pinterest.com/ancientofdays/
87/50 in 2015, 185/14, 47/13
Setting the Miniature Scene - sent
Pendant Swap, Rd 6 - sent
Quilt Block Swap, Rd 7 - cutting pixels
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: January 22, 2013 08:53:15 PM »

My international packages this round cost $3 and my domestic cost $2.80 each. Mine weigh practically nothing and barely register on their scales but always get shipped as packages, not a letter, even when it's flat.

I know these prices sound very cheap, but recently the domestic packages cost me under $2 and now they are telling me the cheapest will be over $6 and it doesn't weigh anymore than a less than 50cents letter.  I was told that they raise the prices because less people use the post office to ship things now so they are losing money. But when they raise prices, even fewer people will send packages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 22, 2013 09:42:45 PM »

Thats so weird cos in Australia we're told shipping has increased due to online shopping!! i would have thought it was the otherway round for you too !! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: January 22, 2013 09:45:44 PM »

Online shopping doesn't tend to use the post office for shipping. They use UPS and Fedex and the post office is losing money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 22, 2013 10:05:44 PM »

Ah! I see maybe you guys should lobby Obama? hehehe in Australia its probably more expensive to use them that's why.  I see now why people wouldnt be using the post office.  What a shame.  BRING BACK LETTER WRITING!! PEN PALS!!  They should introduce penpals back to students.  I loved getting my penpals' letters from across the world!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greybird

<3 birds, glitter, sparkles <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: January 22, 2013 10:33:58 PM »

What if instead of dropping the offering to 3 or 6 items we just introduce a 3 item option?   So 3, 5 or 10 items?  (Or 3, 6 or 9?)   That would give everyone a level that would be in their comfort zone for cost/number of packages.   Smiley   I would be sad to see the 10 option go away, but I also understand that it could be costly and only having to commit to a much smaller amount of packages to send out would be attractive too.   

And I've finished all my shawl pins!   Cheesy   I'll be packing them up tomorrow and I should be shipping all of them soon (hopefully tomorrow as well!).   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: January 22, 2013 10:58:55 PM »

I kind of like the 3, 6 or 9 idea because it can include more people wanting different options.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
GlassKicker
« Reply #408 on: January 23, 2013 05:17:32 PM »

oh my gosh!!  I received my gorgeous pendant from GlassKicker!!  The gold sparkles so much in real life!  I am so amazed at glass work..the extra you sent is perfectly my style!  I love the modern and fun look...I was going to wait until I got everything to post pictures but I think I will do like everyone else and post as I get stuff!

Thanks so much...I had forgotten how much I love this swap!

Shucks - I missed this post.  I'm so glad you like them! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #409 on: January 24, 2013 08:14:00 AM »

My hubby was saying that he thought sometimes I spent more on postage than what I was sending...well, if you just count materials, maybe...but the time is worth something to me as is the skill to make it...and I consider it entertainment as well since I enjoy participating and talking to you guys...

I know in some other forums that I participate in, one person gets all the goods and then ships to everyone...we include postage for a flat rate package and receive all our goods at the same time.  In my last swap, it cost me $10--$5 to send my goodies to the organizer and $5 to get them back.  In the next swap, we are going for a medium flat rate box, so it will be more expensive, but still, about $25 round trip.  It is a lot more work for whomever organizes, however...a lot more!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Monday the Bullfrog and October the Octopus
Emma Chase Reveals All with XOXO After Dark
Tour Berlin After WWII with Author Joseph Kanon
Matthew Van Fleet’s Books: Where Storytime Is Playtime!
Matthew Van Fleet’s Sniff! Lick! Munch!
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...