A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 30 (green by 1/31, Send by Feb 4)  (Read 41535 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GatorWrangler
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: January 22, 2013 01:08:16 PM »

I was thinking for the next round that instead of sending 5 or 10 packages, we would send 3 or 6.

And my postal working told me a couple days ago that rates were not going up for international and there weren't any changes. I hate that some postal workers are so misinformed. Though she said custom's forms are changing and now I have to fill out a lot more on the new ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #391 on: January 22, 2013 01:11:47 PM »

All these rates for US sound horrible.  I'm worried you guys won't wanna swap with us international folks anymore  Cry

And your new numbers sound good Gator!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #392 on: January 22, 2013 01:19:29 PM »

I was thinking for the next round that instead of sending 5 or 10 packages, we would send 3 or 6.

And my postal working told me a couple days ago that rates were not going up for international and there weren't any changes. I hate that some postal workers are so misinformed. Though she said custom's forms are changing and now I have to fill out a lot more on the new ones.

Hmm, it might not be your postal workers fault.  Mine told me that he is struggling to find out where all the new rates are for each of the countries.  Apparently they don't give them packets to get them up to speed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #393 on: January 22, 2013 01:33:40 PM »

A flat is basically a letter or a few sheets of paper..if it cannot be run through a postage machine, it is not a flat.  Even some ATC's are considered packages..and any type of bubble wrap envelope is a package. The biggest increase will be anything over 4 pounds because those will have to be sent Priority and not First Class parcel.  I wanted to mail a 5 pound package to England...the only way I could mail it was Priority International--$52.00.  I repackaged it to weigh right under 4 pounds...then I could send First Class Parcel $24.00.  I think I will always swap internationally, but I will be more aware of the weights and check the country first online! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 22, 2013 01:59:41 PM »

This makes me sad too - im in Australia. But... your price increases are still cheaper than our normal postage prices.  i hope that makes you feel better Wink  it just makes you more savvy about what you want to send and make you consider if it is worth the money to send. I thinkour postage rip off makes me more considerate about what i'm sending to my partner in a swap Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #395 on: January 22, 2013 02:27:11 PM »

I don't consider it a rip off...it is pretty amazing to me that goods can get across thousands of miles for that price...when you consider the cost of fuel and the time, it is really cheap...but, for swappers, we will just have to be more creative...and yes, we still have cheap postage in the USA compared to many other places...I think it will also make people more appreciative of our international members...the swap goes two ways, after all! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #396 on: January 22, 2013 02:49:19 PM »

It's your swap to do what you want with, Gator, but I have to admit I'm a bit wide eyed at the idea of only offering three things. There'd be such a small chance of getting the items you really wanted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Ninaprettyballerina

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 22, 2013 03:20:22 PM »

It's your swap to do what you want with, Gator, but I have to admit I'm a bit wide eyed at the idea of only offering three things. There'd be such a small chance of getting the items you really wanted.
Im with gala_apples  Grin  i like this swap cos of the wide range of things you might receive in a swap!! Only getting 3 would limit choice a lot Wink Again its your swap and I just LOVE IT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #398 on: January 22, 2013 03:44:32 PM »

Well, I always try to send under 4 pounds anyway. I sent an 8 pond package to Germany and paid $60 for it =/ (But that was a one time thing for a dear, dear friend of mine.)
    I'll still swap internationally and luckily, most of my crafts are light weight ^^ I still think we should keep to the 5-10 rule for the Sweat Shoppe but that crafters HAVE to be warned and reinforced about the possibility of sending internationally. It will then be up to THEM if they want to do chunky heavy crafts or something light weight.
   Maybe even make a part of the next questionnaire to include websites for the new pricing and an agreement the the swapper "signs" that they acknowledged that participating will yield the possibility of sending multiple items internationally.

But either way, there's no denying that many crafters will not participate in further rounds because of the price jump  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #399 on: January 22, 2013 05:48:00 PM »

Thats a great idea IsakkaHJai!!  But sometimes its not too bad is it??  Like if you send something pretty well flat can't you get away with sending it as a letter?  I know here, if the envelope fits through this slot then it can go as a letter.  I'm actually really hoping my fingerless gloves will fit into that slot!!  The scarf won't though.  But if you make the item small enough it should still be good.  What was the jump for you guys?  Dollar wise??  If I send a small packet, its $5. something minimum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Does It Work?: Hostess Twinkie Maker
Brownies Get an Easy and Enticing Upgrade
KD101: Bread Pudding with Vanilla Butter Sauce Recipe
White Chocolate Cheesecake from Colicchio & Sons
Your Definition Of Salad Should Not Include This
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...