A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Journaling Prompts swap (sign up until 31st Dec, send outs Jan 21st 2013)  (Read 10445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TwistedTruth
Craft Addict

Riddle me this...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012 12:24:55 PM »

I'm seriously considering joining this swap... Hm.

All you're doing is a prompt on one side, then doing the prompt on the other? And since they're just standard playing cards, couldn't you send them in a basic envelope like an ATC? Or am I missing something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty Business Blog WARNING! <Probable> Spoilers | My Pinterest
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012 01:31:35 PM »

I'm seriously considering joining this swap... Hm.

All you're doing is a prompt on one side, then doing the prompt on the other?  yup

And since they're just standard playing cards, couldn't you send them in a basic envelope like an ATC? yup - did say that DC's optional but need proof of posting in case of none delivery

Or am I missing something? nope

It is a really easy swap!

Got 2 'sets' plus a few extras ready for the prompts and doing. One side gessoed other side I used scrapbooking paper and just stick it on with ordinary PVA.

Hope everyone had a smashing Christmas Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012 02:32:58 PM »

I painted and "decorated" a few pieces of paper on Sunday - my flight was delayed for 5 hours. So I am ready to start gluing these together.

And I asked my mom for more playing cards - she and my dad play bridge - so they have multiple packs. One of their bridge playing friends also plays poker in Las Vegas so he gives them cards often. Ready to get swappin'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - April
Paper & Ephemera Swap - SO 3/07/14
Art Dolls 3 - Sign up NOW!
jenleahlynn
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012 04:34:04 PM »

Christmas crafts are done, and I got the new colored pencils I wanted for Christmas.  Now I just need to decide on a prompt and jump in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn

harry potter craft along- winter semester
2013-art journal along
journal prompt swap
shop the swap winter
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
MaxParadise
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2012 07:00:14 PM »

so sorry if this was stated on the first page, but do the cards have to be the exact same size as playing cards? can they be bigger or smaller? i found a pack of 3 sets of flash cards at the dollar store the other day and i thought they'd be perfect to alter but i wasn't sure if they were the same size as playing cards or if they even had to be! thanks for any clarification =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
littlehajerika
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2012 07:05:37 PM »

so sorry if this was stated on the first page, but do the cards have to be the exact same size as playing cards? can they be bigger or smaller? i found a pack of 3 sets of flash cards at the dollar store the other day and i thought they'd be perfect to alter but i wasn't sure if they were the same size as playing cards or if they even had to be! thanks for any clarification =)

I think that the idea is that each person would then have a stack of prompts they could keep together and use. But I'm not sure how much it matters, as long as they are relatively small. Could they be cut down to be the same size?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaxParadise
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012 06:20:25 PM »

they actually looked a bit smaller than playing cards. but it makes sence to have them all around the same size, that way you can keep them together. i'm sure i can find a deck of cards! lol, i still have to sign up for this swap, first =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And your scared to death that you are never going to come alive.

http://www.pintrest.com/dheartst
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2012 08:07:24 PM »

I found a pack at the thrift store today for 50-cents so now I have lots...for round 2!

And yes, I will be that obnoxious swapper who will send the first day because I am almost finished with these!
Just want to ink the edges and maybe add a little of this and a little of that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Fabric Art Journal Pages Swap ROUND 3 - April
Paper & Ephemera Swap - SO 3/07/14
Art Dolls 3 - Sign up NOW!
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2012 12:39:24 PM »

I found a pack at the thrift store today for 50-cents so now I have lots...for round 2!

And yes, I will be that obnoxious swapper who will send the first day because I am almost finished with these!
Just want to ink the edges and maybe add a little of this and a little of that.

lol Cheesy I won't be that far behind you Smmarrt - mine are just waiting for prompts - which I may well do tonight Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectic Dreamer

There's power in an unwritten page.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2012 11:11:21 AM »

I have so many decks of playing cards already that it's not funny. Going through trying to weed stuff out of my apartment (namely: sorting mystery bags that get stuffed out of the way and forgotten about when guests show up) I kept going "Oh, look... a deck of cards!" then a few minutes later "Um... another deck of cards?" and later "Wow... how many decks of cards do I have?! and WHY?" and those aren't even the "special" ones, given to me as souvenirs or mailed as a surprise gift from a company or part of larger game packs. Also my neighbor goes gambling and when he loses he asks for a deck of cards, so I have an unlimited supply if I need it. His has a hole in the center, but that's perfectly workable I think.

I'm excited to do this as a Craft Along (not signing up because I've NO idea what I'm doing!! I'll feel pressured enough to do a good job on my own. Creating for somebody else would stress me out like crazy). I will definitely share the cards I create Smiley

Do you need to do anything to get rid of the coating on the cards, or can you paint/craft/etc right over it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/people/ShahanaKhan/favorites
http://pinterest.com/3pomegranates

Writing Magic - NaNoWriMo 2013 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=426706.0#axzz2cCRJhOrK

My new motto/mantra: "Eat. Rest. Be well of heart. Keep breathing."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Watercolor Painting: Preserving Whites
How to Paint Skies with Watercolors
Watercolor Painting Basics
Watercolor Painting: How to Paint Blacks
How to Paint Flowers with Watercolors
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...