A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: An Unexpected Journey - The Hobbit Movie Swap Round 1- Gallery  (Read 4083 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2012 09:03:42 PM »

What a cute Thorin!  So serious & cuddly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
Solitary Cricket
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012 10:03:27 AM »

Eiseldora was kind enough to post teaser pics of the lovely things she sent me. Here (finally) is everything unwrapped.

I think with a Hobbit swap, it is only appropriate to start with the food. Eiseldora sent me a package with 6 Hobbit inspired food mixes from tea cake (which was a big hit at my weekly D&D group) to muffins to cram. She also included fruit leather (my favorite), trail mix, pumpkin puree (for one of the mixes), and two kinds of jam.

A cookbook with all the mix instructions.

Plates, napkins and small utensils.

Dwarven Treasure and Handspun & Dyed Yarn.

Like I said before, the yarn is awesome.

Maps. I love maps.

(Sorry its turned the wrong way. I fixed it, but it in Photobucket but somewhere along the way, that info was lost.)

and lastly, posters, posters and more posters. I had to lay them out on my living room floor to get them all in one picture.

Sorry it took so long to post, but that you SO much Eiseldora. You sent an awesome package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012 11:51:44 PM »

Where did you find such tiny utensils?  Too fun!
Love the whole package, just awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012 02:48:22 AM »

Wow, what an epic package! Definitely need to mention the fabric and yarn here again Wink and there's maps! My kids would love the dwarven coins for roleplay! Hehe, you can have a Hobbit themed pantry now Wink Love the cookbook! Ha, the food theme is such a great way to do anything Hobbit themed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftyzooprgrl
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012 02:56:59 AM »

Got my package from Ruby Copperhead. Kinda late but the UK mail system is super slow this time of year. She made me a hobbit hole themed mini afghan and a super cute teeny Gandalf who is currently watching over my LOTR DVD collection Smiley

(plus some extras!)

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd be up for personal swaps!
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013 02:10:44 AM »

Glad the package is there, and two weeks isn't so bad for christmas time mail in the UK, I've had worse when there was an inch of snow Wink Wink Haha, I tried so many yarns for Gandalfs beard and the only one that looked good was the fuzziest Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013 12:29:19 PM »

That looks like a fun package!

My wonderful package from whenindoubtsew is here & I love every bit of it.  Hopefully I find where my camera skipped off to during our Holiday trips so I can let y'all enjoy the awesomess that arrived!  Having to keep the rest of the family out of the goodies until then is a full time job, they make great sneaks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013 02:07:21 AM »

Found my camera!  Forgive the pics, I tried but could not capture all the awesomeness in this package.  Not only was I spoiled, but so were Hubs and Goose. 

Most of the MiddleEarth themed goodies.

A beautiful scarf with one of the leaves of Lothlorein on a pin.  Beautifully done and sure to keep unfriendly eyes from seeing me. You can also see a wonderful Hobbit Door Tin here, but what could it be?

A Hobbit Hole Playset with all 14 Adventurers and enough cups, food, & tea to go around.  We are really enjoying this while waiting for our second breakfast to arrive.  Cheesy
Hobbit Holes mean comfort and that means warm toes.   Slippers in wonderful colors with very Hobbity Acorn buttons. Hobbits can actually be quite fierce with an acorn if they are threatened.

A beautiful earcuff!  Love it! So swirly and wonderful!

Thorin's Key, love all the beautiful shiny bits!

One of my favorite quotes is the way Bilbo introduces himself to Smaug, quite long, but whenindoubt fit it on a candy machine that will be refilled with sweets soon.

Look at this perfect Bilbo patch!  I keep geeking out about the curly hair on his toes, he is a trully fortunate Hobbit.

Beautiful and soft fingerless gloves/gauntlets with wonderful detail.  So comfortable, I haven't wanted to take them off.

There were also magnets of the shields of MiddleEarth that are keeping the fridge secure. . . And every other metal surface in the house.

Goose's favorite is an amazing extra.  A wonderful tin with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ready for training.

You move magnets along the bottom to get the turtles to move. She got the idea from something on Pintrest and she is brilliant.

More extras:  These stickers had to be hidden from Hubs so that I could get a pic.  He loves the Jayne one so much, and all the others.  The puffy Austrailian animals were a hit with us all. 

Thank you so much for such a wonderful package.  I can't tell you how much I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013 03:02:21 AM »

Oh man goldfishpollywog - you take really good photos. I am glad it arrived and it's all in one piece.

And your goodies for me arrived shortly after and they are amazing!! I love everything and here's some photos to show why  Cheesy I hope everyone is still checking so they can see this awesomeness  Cheesy

This is the parcel as I unpacked it - each thing wrapped in tissue paper with a cool card

A gorgeous scarf which is so soft and comfy - even though we are having a heatwave here in Australia the office I work in is really cold so I could put it on and make my work colleagues jealous. It's a pattern goldfishpollywog made up herself and a suitable craft to do on the road (ahem sorry "journey")

Next were some crafts for 'Bag End' - two silhouettes of Bilbo and Gandalf (my favourite characters) inspired by something from my Pinterest. These are so perfect and will come in very handy.

And a gorgeous earcuff (the elves in Tolkien are to blame  Cheesy) a very cool felt badge with my name in elvish (awesome) and a cutie pie polymer clay owl with a really pretty green bell tummy!!

Thankyou so much goldfishpollywog - I love what you have made for me  - you are the best  Grin
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013 03:35:35 AM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Game of Thrones swap - sent
Science swap - sent
Summer Nerd Games swap - sent
Carnivorous plant swap - crafting
Half a hoopla swap - crafting
goldfishpollywog

Goldfish kisses *<><

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013 06:04:23 PM »

So glad you enjoyed it!  I loved crafting for you. 
As soon as I saw the regency silhouettes, I knew I had to make them.  Goose says I need to do all the dwarves as well, but that might be a bit much to bite off.

Thank you to everyone for making this swap so full of angels, that we never needed to find one!
Thanks Ruby for organizing! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Fab Faux Scarf
How to Crochet Candle Lace Covers
How to Crochet Beanie Hat
How to Crochet Cell Phone Protector
How to Crochet an iPhone Purse
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...