I have 5 craft-related lenses - web pages - set up on Squidoo. They're mostly to provide info and tips on craft techniques, but they do make me a little money (and I do mean "little"
) so I think this is probably the best place to post this.
I'm kind of concerned about some changes Squidoo made to the way the lenses display this past week. From what I've read the intention was to make them look better on the smaller screens used by mobile devices like tablets and smartphones. I don't know if they do because I don't have either of those, but on my regular monitor screen they don't look good at all.
If anyone here has the time could you please check out these lenses? You don't have to actually read them; I'm mainly interested in how they look to you and whether others are seeing them the way I am.
Here are the links:http://www.squidoo.com/FancyYarnshttp://www.squidoo.com/simple-kumihimohttp://www.squidoo.com/cords-for-jewelry-and-other-useshttp://www.squidoo.com/knitted-toe-up-socks-first-pairhttp://www.squidoo.com/crochet-that-looks-like-knitting
Here are my questions:
1) How do these lenses look to you? Is the size of the fonts and images, or the entire page/lens, too big or too small, and is anything cut off? Does it hurt your eyes to look at them? Do you feel like you'd want to read more, or maybe not even read them at all?
2) What device are you using? Is it a laptop screen, regular monitor, tablet (what size), smartphone, or something else?
3) If you know the browser you're using, which one is it? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.?
4) If you know the operating system on your device, what is it? Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, or something else?
5) If you have time and can check out other lenses, how do they look? Like mine, or different? Squidoo does have different templates but mostly I'm interested in font and image size.
I'm trying to collect this information both as feedback for Squidoo and also for my own decision-making about whether to keep making pages there or go somewhere else.
Thanks in advance for your help.