A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The 4 Rainbows - Green Star Button Center Crochet Mandala And Multistitch Upcycl  (Read 2065 times)
Tags for this thread: rainbow , mandala , cardigan , sweater , multicolor , button , star , multistitch , retro , vintage , recycled , upcycled , fur  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babukatorium
« on: December 10, 2012 12:51:09 AM »

I choosed the name "The 4 Rainbows" because I used 28 different colors to create the multistitch length: burgundy, red, orangish red, dark orange, neon orange, mustard yellow, sun yellow, light yellow, light lime green, lime green, sunburnt grass green, green, dark green, emerald green, christmas tree green, dark teal, teal, turquoise, blue, dark blue, royal blue, purple, indigo, violet, lilac, magenta, pink and multicolor fancy fur yarn for decorating the edgings.

Just like putting together 4 rainbows!

I crocheted a simple rainbow vintage doily inspired mandala for the back of this second hand green cardigan and sewn a green star button in the middle for contrasting the red center.

Closed with 3 royal blue buttons.

Made of recycled, vintage and new mixed wool and acrylic yarns.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

WhistleFish
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012 03:06:58 AM »

This made me smile. What an awesome sweater...and so many colors! I love it. I would love to have a peek at your yarn stash. I have a feeling it's probably beautiful and awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elderflower
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012 04:02:14 AM »

Lovely as always and I, too, love the colours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babukatorium
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012 04:33:55 AM »

This made me smile. What an awesome sweater...and so many colors! I love it. I would love to have a peek at your yarn stash. I have a feeling it's probably beautiful and awesome.

Thank You very much! Oh well... I have no home anymore... My stash has eaten it! I have yarnballs hanging from the roof, the bookshelves are covered with them, I can't find my bed anymore and all my chairs are disappeared too!  Grin I have the feeling that I need to move to another house...  Wink

Lovely as always and I, too, love the colours.

Thank You elderflower!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012 07:23:07 AM »

Love that you upcycle. Where do you find all the colorful things to frog? Always love this. Always such great photoshoots.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Audania1
Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012 08:21:16 AM »

so pretty!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alexus1325
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012 12:37:16 PM »

Gorgeous!!!! You're so creative and talented! I, too, am one of your fans Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babukatorium
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012 09:45:51 AM »

Love that you upcycle. Where do you find all the colorful things to frog? Always love this. Always such great photoshoots.

Thank You!!! I am (was?!) a shopaholic for many years and I bought everything I fell in love with all around the world regardless of the size... So now I have something like 1000 different clothes, shoes, bags and umbrellas to upcycle! It was a benediction to discover to be able to crochet!  Wink

Thank You both Audania1 and Alexus1325 (yes, You are one of those few who are following my travel in the world of crochet since the beginning... I recognize Your name and profile picture! <3 )!  Kiss
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012 09:46:25 AM by babukatorium » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012 02:28:33 PM »

This sweater is so cool!  I love the colors and the mandala design.  This rocks1
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babukatorium
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012 10:49:14 AM »

This sweater is so cool!  I love the colors and the mandala design.  This rocks1

Thank You!!!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cool Cuffed Denim Shorts in Under 4 Minutes
How to Mix & Match Your Wardrobe
DIY Fashion Inspired by the Kitchen
Is a Bra the Secret to Looking Slimmer?
4 Fashion Looks For Only $80
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...