I made a costume that required five tries to get the turquoise dye right, and therefore had an abundance of turquoise cotton. One piece, a beautiful gauze weave, was begging to be a skirt. So I interlined it with some cotton/poly for shape and drafted up a quick panel skirt. Somehow, I decided to shape the hem into points instead of rounding it. The suspenders are some leftover trim from a friend's Rainbow Dash costume. It's so fun to wear.
Action shots: In the ocean. In November. Yes, it was cold.
Close up shots:
Showing the spread of the skirt. It's six very flared panels.
Close up on the suspenders
And the points on the hem (each one has a differently shaped button at the point):
This took much longer than I originally intended it to, and I absolutely love it.