A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tea cup and plates  (Read 4405 times)
Tags for this thread: teacup  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011 12:59:29 PM »

oh wonderful!  You just gave me an idea of what to do with these glass candlestick holders I have been lugging around for years...I think I might use some of my old china...I checked ebay and found sets like this but for a lot more money!  Does it have any markings on the back? I think the thrift store is next... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reckless11266
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011 04:09:44 PM »

I hope I describe this well enough for you to understand because I can't find the pic to upload. Three ideas:
1. make a clock out of a dinner plate using movements and hands from craft store.
2. make a bird feeder out of the teacup and saucer by drilling a hole through center of each andplacing a washer between each component then screw onto a post and fill with birdseed.
3. my favorite: use a vinyl cutting machine to write in a fancy font, "These are a few of my favorite things" then hang your plate collection on the wall in a pleasing layout then adhere a vinyl word to each plate. These can be easily removed for use later. It looks so beautiful and homey...yet remains non permanent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nhytshade
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2011 05:38:02 AM »

If you dont mind drilling holes in it, you could turn the set into one of those tiered sweet displays.
You would need a center post and some washers big enough to support the saucer and teacup but could turn our really pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krafty53948
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011 10:42:15 AM »

I would make it into a beautiful, water fountain.You'd need to drill holes into the  two top smaller ones. The big plate would be the base.Anyway, you'd need a small fountain kit. Or I'd use a fish tank water bubbler, that includes all the accessaries.And put that together.Or another idea would be to use Silver candle holders, and weld them together to make a hanging flower basket.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mosaicideas
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011 04:54:33 PM »

This probably won't be helpful to you but I am in the process of gathering a large collection of dishes and cups for my first picassiette furniture project. That means I would break them lol.
http://emosaicideas.com/broken-dishes-mosaic
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can write about your self/product/blog/store... on my blog. Write a guest post.

Mosaic Ideas
stolenpostcards
unruly girl who will not settle down: must be taken in hand

turn my bones to milk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2012 03:18:45 AM »

This probably won't be helpful to you but I am in the process of gathering a large collection of dishes and cups for my first picassiette furniture project. That means I would break them lol.
http://emosaicideas.com/broken-dishes-mosaic

wow, that's amazing. I would love to see the finished thing.

how did you get the gilt edges in that picture? did you just paint them or is it real metal?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
steiconi
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012 12:06:33 AM »

It would pain me to damage the lovely pieces, but if you choose, lamp parts make good connecting pieces for tiered servers.
Use a ceramic/cement bit to drill 1/2" holes in each piece, use all-thread rod and nuts plus decorative metal tubes to hide the all-thread.
I just made a three-tier cupcake server with christmas plates and bits of old lamps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
handmadewithlove
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013 09:57:04 PM »

Lovely garage store find!  You could sew a little ball or felt some wool, put the round shape in the cup, and use the cup as a pincushion. That way, you wouldn't be damaging or altering the set, in case you wanted to use it later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JS

** 29 AGAIN?? ** Talk about recycling!! **

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013 08:40:27 PM »

How about using the larger tasse plate to frame a photo?  Using rubber cement, center a wallet-ish sized pic, then display in a plate holder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God doesn't send people to hell.  He simply honors their choice.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Interview With Author Christina Shelton
Targets of Revenge by Jeffrey Stephens
Far From the Tree Audiobook by Andrew Solomon
Room No. 10 by Åke Edwardson
J.A. Jance Discusses Deadly Stakes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...