A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,019
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Round 40 - Yule Swap Gallery  (Read 7864 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LA-Fairy
moon child

Lexy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012 06:27:53 PM »

You are welcome, you might be getting another, I forgot to mark off who I sent the first stack to, so I made one for all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2012 06:51:33 AM »

Wow! What great packages so far! I love all the ornaments  Shocked  Now of course I am having swap anxiety, everyone's packages look amazing and I am always worried that what I sent wasn't enough!  I am still sewing away here.  So far I have completed/helped Hubs complete : 4 pairs of flannel pajama pants, a puppet theatre (I just made the curtains), 2 skirts, 2 fabric baskets (OMG these are so fun and addicting! heads up for future partners!!!), a felt board,  and a picnic set.  The picnic set is so cute! We made a foot/hand print wall hanging for Hubs parents with all 4 girls prints. It turned out well, but trying to keep little ones with paint on their hands or feet still and not all over is craziness!    I still have to finish a lap blanket, some more fabric baskets, and a foot/hand print wall hanging for my parents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2012 08:47:24 PM »

Ani, you are out of control! That's a lot of crafting in one short time! But I bet the plaque with the kids' hand and foot prints must be darn sweet. You didn't happen to take a photo, did you?

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012 07:29:43 AM »

I didn't get a picture of the one we already finished, I was too worried about finding a box that was long enough to get it to California safely.  (I ended up having to make my own  Cheesy ) But we are going to finish the one for my parents tonight so I will try to remember to snap a picture of it before I wrap it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012 05:12:27 PM »

I received an awesome package from Witchhippie today! I haven't dug through it completely yet, but I saw this on top, squeed with joy, and then put it on. 

More pictures to follow (probably tomorrow)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012 06:12:34 PM »

The scarf looks great on you!!!!

I made me one and wore it to out Yule festival. It was so long I actually wore it around my waist. Everyone commented on how creative it was. I really enjoyed the look of it  Grin
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012 06:17:47 PM by Witchhippie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012 06:30:48 AM »

What a great scarf! Although, maybe there needs to be a different word for one like that. It stands in relation to a scarf the same way a tiny fascinator does to a hat - it's worn the same way but doesn't serve the same practical function at all.

I finally opened my enormous package from MamanTattoo yesterday evening, and I get to share all the totally handmade treats she sent.

I have to start with a close-up of the card her two children made for me. You can't see from the photo, but in addition to the googly eyes, beads and sequins, there's even a tiny cork glued on the bottom right corner! Cheesy

First off, this thick and really beautifully knitted "pixie hat". It's very warm - I pulled it onto my head inside the house and immediately had to take it off because it was too hot! I haven't been able to get an action shot that looks like anything, but I'll try again in the daylight today. And Andréann also included FIVE balls of matching yarn so I can make myself something to go with it. (Like I could ever knit that well!)

And speaking of yarn, how about this ball of hand-spun super-nubbly stuff? It looks huge in this photo, but really it's about the size of an orange. I think it will become decoration on something. But what?

Next I pulled out this leather pouch (reclaimed leather, I think?) with a deer antler button. But what's inside it?

Felted acorn decorations and tiny pinecone people!

But she made not one but TWO pouches. I love the embroidery on this linen wallet. It's filled with beautiful embroidery floss and perle cotton. (I won't upload a photo of it, even though it's luscious, because I'm already clogging this with too many!)

And I've saved the best for last. I had admired the acorn men that MamanT put on her blog last month, so she made two of them and a tiny embroidered yurt for them to live in! This is probably the cutest, cleverest thing I've seen in months. I love it so much! And with them is the tiny baby Sun God from the Pagan nativity scene. (If you haven't seen this you must go to Andréanns blog at once. MamanT, can you post a link to thank page for us?)

Thanks for all this wonderfulness, and I hope your package has arrived safely.

Blessed Yule, everyone!

Wulf
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012 06:35:48 AM by Wulf » THIS ROCKS   Logged

whileitsraining
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012 06:50:56 AM »

What a great package! I love the little acorn men and their Yurt! That hat does look very warm as well, a nice thick knit.  The scarf witchhippie sent me is indeed quite warm surprisingly.  Its a long skinny one, perfect for wrapping around my neck 3 times Smiley

Here is the wall hanging we made for my parents:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Witchhippie
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012 08:33:00 AM »

Wulf, I'm jealous of your package. I love the Felted acorn decorations and tiny pinecone people the best!!!!

whileitsraining, what a creative idea. I have tons of things with my kids prints on them, but nothing like your wall hanger.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/JW32
http://pinterest.com/witchhippie/

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened. - Mary Kay Ash
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2012 12:35:06 PM »

That's exactly the kind of thing that grandparents love! And I can see why it was so messy to create.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Potato Chips Part 2/2
How to Make Hash Browns
How to Make Macadamia and Pistachio Encrusted Chicken Part 2/2
How to Make Macadamia and Pistachio Encrusted Chicken Part 1/2
How to Make Mayonnaise
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...