A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Your Daily Reflections--Continuing the saga in 2014!  (Read 49458 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sloth003
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: June 03, 2013 10:58:25 AM »

Another 22 days done. This is the first five months of the year. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
PaperBeau
« Reply #341 on: June 04, 2013 03:13:40 AM »

Thanks--paperbeau and sloth have kept me motivated...I, too, kept a journal, not only of the sky but also what was going on that day...I have many days of bright beautiful sky but horrible personal days...just goes to show that our earth continues on its own no matter what is happening in our lives...

That was profound Always, glad to have you back Smiley I hope that catching up gives you some grounding and reconnection as you move back into the project.

I had to pick an easy pattern to catch up after my holiday at the start of May.

Here's my month completed, it's got seriously sunny here in Cornwall Cheesy The end of May and start of June has been nothing but brilliant blue skies. I love them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #342 on: July 05, 2013 12:48:57 PM »

Ah. The first three weeks of June. I like the "first day of summer " block.

So this is about half way. I kinda excited to see how the rest of the year plays out. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #343 on: July 05, 2013 01:59:11 PM »

Looks awesome, sloth!

I am about 2 weeks behind in my writing down the sky observations. I can remember a few of the days, but these last 2 weeks really kicked me hard, so, while I looked at the sky, I didn't write it down. I'll try to recreate what I remember, but then I'll need to see if I can find a weather site that shows what it was like on the days I am missing. And then, I'll be grabbing my needle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
PaperBeau
« Reply #344 on: July 08, 2013 06:49:22 AM »

It's... too... hot... to knit.

I'm recording the sky. And I'll get back on it in  the Autumn when staying indoors with a lap full of wool is appealing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #345 on: July 09, 2013 06:17:13 PM »

I am going to have to bail on this for this year and start it again next year. Turns out I've been walking around with a broken wrist for 2 weeks. I got a cast today and I can't grip anything with my left hand, which makes it a challenge to craft. Although, if I can get myself caught up with the last 3 weeks of sky, I could follow PaperBeau's lead and start again when the cast comes off... or when the doctor gives me the okay. I got so far with my daily recording, I'd hate to quit...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #346 on: July 09, 2013 10:44:53 PM »

I'm in love with all of these projects! I am definitely going to plan and get my yarn in time for next year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
PaperBeau
« Reply #347 on: July 11, 2013 12:46:02 AM »

I am going to have to bail on this for this year and start it again next year. Turns out I've been walking around with a broken wrist for 2 weeks. I got a cast today and I can't grip anything with my left hand, which makes it a challenge to craft. Although, if I can get myself caught up with the last 3 weeks of sky, I could follow PaperBeau's lead and start again when the cast comes off... or when the doctor gives me the okay. I got so far with my daily recording, I'd hate to quit...

It's not quitting - it's effective time management  Wink

I spent a while walking around with an diagnosed broken wrist - feel your pain. The doctors who we'd been to see after my accident said it was a sprain, then weeks later we get the consultant ring us at home to let me know there are too many bones in my wrist, one of them was broken clean in two! Get better soon. And enjoy grossing people out with the hella crunchy sounding wrist movements once it does come off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #348 on: July 11, 2013 05:47:38 AM »

Sloth--your introduction of the colorful end of month blocks is wonderful--the punch of color adds to the blues and greys nicely!

I have been recording my sky and knitting when I can--not only is it hot, but I also have a weird tendinitis thing in my left hand so I am suppose to not use it for at least six weeks...right...I do have an updated progress picture...

I am going to do this again next year but I think I am going to do it like you, paperbeau---more like an afghan block, maybe in crochet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: July 11, 2013 06:43:58 AM »

Mypops of colour are only season breaks. Not monthly. The green is noting the "first day of spring " orange is for summer. Fall will likely be a rusty red... Anyone have any good 'winter' colour associations? Other than Iceblue. Seems like it would only blend in too well Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Puff Pastry Coins - Adding the Filling
How to Make Puff Pastry Coins
Cuts of Beef from the Sirloin and Tenderloin
Cuts of Meat from the Short Loin
Cuts of Beef from the Rib
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...