A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Your Daily Reflections--Continuing the saga in 2014!  (Read 43203 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2013 03:49:11 PM »

pinkleo, I LOVE IT! Is that the linen stitch (sc, ch1... repeat and then in the next row, you do the sc in the chain space of the row before)? It looks great when you change colors!

katara, how will you attach the next row? I can't wait to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2013 03:59:18 PM »

pinkleo, I LOVE IT! Is that the linen stitch (sc, ch1... repeat and then in the next row, you do the sc in the chain space of the row before)? It looks great when you change colors!
awwww.. Thanks!  And yes, it is the linen stitch. Grin  Started with a chain of 200, and loving how quick and cozy it is working up.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 04:01:29 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2013 04:11:16 PM »

WOOOW...you knitters speak another language it seems  Cheesy "Carrying it up the side", "ripping it out", "chopping and weaving." It's so mysterious Wink

bahahahaha - I'm a "knitter" only of the very most basic kind. I have taught myself one stitch, from a memory of my gran teaching me at a very young age!

Look up frogging in knitting terms - it's a cute way of saying you had to "rip-it rip-it" all out and start again from the beginning Smiley

My Sky Ghan is coming along...

oh my days I LOVE how that looks - I need Need NEED to learn more about knitting! Perhaps my months can get increasingly difficult in their pattern and then blanket stitch them all together at the end? Would it look crazy, i think they call it a sampler quilt, no? But here its combined with the colours of the day too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cabaute

Fickle Crafter Extraordinaire

A loving heart is the truest wisdom. -Dickens

« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2013 05:50:32 PM »

Hi all!  I'm late to the party, being that I just discovered this project today.  I love it so much, and was disappointed to find myself so far behind that I couldn't figure out how to "make it work"... UNTIL I realized that my birthday is on Sunday (the 20th), so I could start then, and end on my birthday next year (that'll work!).  I ordered the yarns from the original site, so I'll probably still have a few days' lag to get caught up on, but it should be 4-5 days versus 18 Cheesy

So happy to discover this, great combination of two things I love - trying to be mindful and paying attention to nature.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2013 07:56:27 PM »

My Sky Ghan is coming along...

oh my days I LOVE how that looks - I need Need NEED to learn more about knitting! Perhaps my months can get increasingly difficult in their pattern and then blanket stitch them all together at the end? Would it look crazy, i think they call it a sampler quilt, no? But here its combined with the colours of the day too!
I need to learn more about knitting too!  My Sky Ghan happens to be crochet, and a quite simple pattern consisting of 2 stitches...chain and single crochet. Grin  Now a Sampler Stitch Blanket sounds amazing!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013 07:56:58 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #225 on: January 19, 2013 02:10:28 AM »

I need to learn more about knitting too!  My Sky Ghan happens to be crochet, and a quite simple pattern consisting of 2 stitches...chain and single crochet. Grin  Now a Sampler Stitch Blanket sounds amazing!

a what now?!?! I don't know the first thing about crochet. Maybe next year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #226 on: January 21, 2013 01:37:21 PM »

i love this project.  i look at the sky so many times a day. i  hope that the 10 am blue stays, or the noon grey blows thru, today my 4 pm was bright faded blue.  by 415 the snow squalls had blown thru and is overcast light grey/white. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #227 on: January 21, 2013 01:52:14 PM »

I LOVE THE SKYGHAN! 

The good thing about this project is that you really can start at anytime...and you don't have to have a year...it can be three months...or one season...it is to make you mindful of your surroundings and to take time out of your day to appreciate the people and things around you...

So join in anytime!

I was hoping for a few more bright blue days, but it looks like it is back to greys... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBeau
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2013 02:44:24 AM »

Slightly delayed week 3 photos:
It's been a very, very, overcast week. Full of nervous excitement...

and one day of snow, which I have subtly paid homage to using some shiny ribbon I have stashed

I'm finding that the weather isn't always agreeing with my mood - which is frustrating. Today I would like to use the darkest grey, following a dissapointing interview yesterday. I feel incredibly lost. But the weather is telling me: "at worst it's overcast, in fact, here's the sky peaking out and here's the sun - everything is great. Come out and turn the compost"...

Why wont the sky let me be moody!! Does anyone else find their moods are fused with the weather somehow?

Hi all!  I'm late to the party, being that I just discovered this project today.  I love it so much, and was disappointed to find myself so far behind that I couldn't figure out how to "make it work"... UNTIL I realized that my birthday is on Sunday (the 20th), so I could start then, and end on my birthday next year (that'll work!).

Hi Cabaute - welcome to the party Smiley

i love this project.  i look at the sky so many times a day. i  hope that the 10 am blue stays, or the noon grey blows thru, today my 4 pm was bright faded blue.  by 415 the snow squalls had blown thru and is overcast light grey/white. 

Are you creating something following the sky - if so I would love to see it! If not - it's great to just be more aware of the world outside Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2013 02:50:07 AM »

Everyone's scarves are looking so great! I really need to get a photo of mine...though it's mainly grey with white for the snow we've had this week Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013 02:50:33 AM by Phizzychick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lucy Hawking Reveals Who She Admires Most
Cassandra Clare in Bryant Park Reading Room
American Subversive Book Trailer
Anita Diamant Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Samantha Bruce-Benjamin Talks About The Art of Devotion
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...