A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
430 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Your Daily Reflections--Continuing the saga in 2014!  (Read 44984 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2013 02:49:48 PM »

Love it sloth003! It'll be so neat to see it grow over the course of the year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: January 11, 2013 10:46:02 AM »

I'm so excited, my yarn arrived in the fastest shipping I've encountered in a very long time Grin  Here I thought I would have a couple more weeks to finalize what direction I'm going in.....looks like I'll be starting whatever it is this weekend.  yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join the Shop the Swap Winter Market Discussion SIGNUPS Sept 26 - Oct 10!!

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #192 on: January 11, 2013 03:39:19 PM »

I'm caught up to date with the scarf but will drop out bc of lack of funds. The colors were looking good, but times are 'dark'. If I can find another project though, I have the moods journaled and a quick note of the big impact of the day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
IsikkahJai

BAKA LOVE FOREVER! ^.^

« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2013 01:03:55 PM »

Haha... I'm a little late on the uptake of this but I think it'd be fun to join. I know I'd probably make a quilt or a crochet scarf but I really like loveclutter's idea of a mood quilt.scarf instead. Considering this year started off so rocky for me, it's sure to be very colorful, to say the least  Undecided Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaperBeau
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2013 06:00:13 AM »

Haha... I'm a little late on the uptake of this but I think it'd be fun to join. I know I'd probably make a quilt or a crochet scarf but I really like loveclutter's idea of a mood quilt.scarf instead. Considering this year started off so rocky for me, it's sure to be very colorful, to say the least  Undecided Tongue

welcome along!

Here's my second week's worth of blanket

http://paperbeau.weebly.com/3/post/2013/01/sky-blanket-week-2.html

I want to see everyone else's! How are your crafts coming along?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2013 06:16:36 AM »

PaperBeau--I wish I had picked a chunkier yarn!  Your scarf is beautiful!  It looks like you have had a few nice bright days this winter!  What are your creme colored days? Overcast and foggy?  Even though we do not like the dark dreary days, they sure do add interest when you see them in your scarf!  It will be fun when you show people how your two weeks have gone!

Here it is two weeks into the new year and already I realize how much I take for granted....I sort of feel that I am so unaware of things around me...that I operate a lot of my life on automatic pilot...stopping for a few moments each day to look at the sky connects me back...and as I knit my daily sky,  I make myself think about how I can engage in my daily life tomorrow...

Here are some ideas I came up with and I hope you will add yours:

1.  Say "good morning" to anyone I see as I go to my office...a lot of times I whiz by people and head straight to my office

2.  Write a short note to my husband who always sets up the coffee maker for me in the morning with my favorite coffee

3. Make a cup of tea after work and sit down to enjoy it as I open the mail---I usually rush home, rip open the mail, leave it lay around, grab junk to eat, run around doing chores, etc.  A few minutes to relax before would help me a lot

4. Say "no" to things I am not really interested in...I tend to volunteer to make something for every charity or "friend" around here...I would rather just do a few that I really believe in...so, "yes" to do a painting for Habitat for Humanity; "no" to a quilt for a mediocre "friend's" grandbaby

Please post any pics of your work in progress---I will post my two week old scarf! Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013 06:17:30 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
PaperBeau
« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2013 08:51:09 AM »

I've found this really balancing too - every morning I'm waking up and watching the sky until 10.30 when I pick the colour... excited to find out what it will be (the weather changes through almost all the colours every day!). Then the actual knitting is super grounding - I just zone out of all the external influences and knit. It's looovely, and it's encouraging me to try to slow down as well.

The cream is no blue in the sky at all, but also not raining - so fog, or overcast. Dark grey is for raining or about to - when the sky looks like it's about to burst. Light blue says sky and clouds, and bright blue is for when I feel I could sunbathe (if only it wasn't close to freezing!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2013 09:11:15 AM »

So you have many overcast or foggy days...not too many actual raining days...it will be fun to see how much blue is in your scarf as the year progresses..I live in South Central Pennsylvania...we have many clear bright blue skies in winter but it is very very cold...I also live in the mountains so we get very foggy days but usually when I look at the sky around 10:30 as well, it has burned off...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
katara
« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2013 12:06:22 PM »

Paperbeau - Your blanket is coming along nicely!

I am up-to-date with my yoyo afghan but I find myself playing 'catch-up' most of the time. I need to settle into a routine where I actually take time out (5-10 min) each day to just relax and enjoy crocheting the yoyo while reflecting a bit. Otherwise I'm totally missing the mark...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2013 12:42:36 PM »

It's amazing how quickly I get behind - even if it's just a day or two. BUT! I have looked at the sky everyday. I love that I'm looking! It's a nice feeling to just stop and look. Now I'm off to knit the past 3 days worth of sky... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Fruit of Her Hands Book Trailer
Meet Dr. Michael Murray and Dr. Michael Lyon
Erik Rees Talks About Only You Can Be You
Maya Sloan Talks About High Before Homeroom
Bill Morgan Talks About The Typewriter Is Holy
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...