A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Your Daily Reflections--Continuing the saga in 2014!  (Read 44559 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

twisted5whispers
Knit knit knit

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: January 02, 2013 04:21:33 PM »

I started my french-knot-along. I chose 12 different colors and I am going to just choose at random which color I use per day. I am leaving the floss attached at the back. I wound it around 2 of my fingers and then used the end to keep it secure so the floss doesn't get tangled and become a mess. I will post a picture when there is some better light. I couldn't find an oval wood frame I liked so I got a 8in circle. Starting at the top near the knob? and will spiral around so the last day will be the center knot. Excited to see what this looks like!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: January 02, 2013 05:34:44 PM »

I was trying to think how I wanted to my hoop...I thought it would be confusing to me to start in the center--besides, I might want the center for something special to record my achievement? ha Embroidery is not my strongest  skill, so it would be an achievement indeed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: January 02, 2013 06:23:13 PM »

I'm still thinking of doing a mood knot-a-dayspiral. I was just wondering whether to start in the center or at the edge. It makes more sense to start at the edge as you guys stated, but I may be a rebel and start in the middle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
PaperBeau
« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2013 02:48:59 AM »

Ok - I've finally picked colours, I've gone for 4 muted balls, a beige (to represent overcast days), light blue (bit of sky), dark blue (lots of sky) and a dark grey (for when it's a storm and really raining). My colours are on my blog post here: http://paperbeau.weebly.com/3/post/2013/01/sky-blanket-craft-1.html

I've picked the colours so that I can make a knitted blanket/throw which I can keep for a long time. I'll use the largest needles I have to try to make it a bit holey - I want to make a square for each month and then attach them together somehow into a blanket.

I've only ever knitted scarves (in one colour) before! Help! - do I need to keep all the colours going the whole time or just cut them off when I swap to a new colour? - Decision! I'm going to cut them if they aren't used within 5 days.

Also, I'll go there and back each day (2 rows so to make a square do I need to cast on 30 or 15 or 60 stitches? I think 30 but I'm really unsure , - I've found a website which says the ratio is about 4:5 stitches to rows, so that would be 24 stitches : 30 rows - is this right?  :s some help would be really appreciated.) 

Thanks in advance! You all seem so friendly I'm sure someone has the answers, or a link to a blog which does!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013 03:21:19 AM by PaperBeau » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2013 06:34:28 AM »

I love your yarn and the colors you picked!  Welcome aboard!

What size square do you want?  Do you have the yarn label?  It tells you the gauge for the recommended needle size.  You can work the math backwards if you know you are going to need 60 rows (2 per day)...you will also have to make plans on what to do in months with 28 or 31 days...

I decided that I want to delineate each month, so I am going to use a pale orange between months...pale orange is generally the color of the morning sunrise outside my window as I drink coffee before going to work...it looks good with my blues and greys... Cheesy

I can't wait until 10 am to go outside on my daily sky break... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2013 06:53:01 AM »

I like the idea to seperate the months always
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2013 09:18:12 AM »

I like the idea to seperate the months always

me as well
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2013 09:23:56 AM »

Am i ever glad i ordered more kona ash. That pale. Overcast. Grey blah. Feels like weeks...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
PaperBeau
« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2013 01:10:32 PM »

What size square do you want?  Do you have the yarn label?  It tells you the gauge for the recommended needle size.  You can work the math backwards if you know you are going to need 60 rows (2 per day)...you will also have to make plans on what to do in months with 28 or 31 days...

Smiley thank you  Smiley is that what the little picture is trying to tell me? it says 9sts to 12 rows - 23 sts to 31 rows... now does one row mean just one way or there and back again is one?!!

Maybe the best idea is to aim for rectangles - that way I won't make an accidentally ever-so-slightly wrong square. I would hate that more than rectangles! Plus, rectangles could build together nicely into a blanket!

I'll go for 20 stitches.. and see what happens! My sister said I knit different anyway - I seem to get a ribbed effect instead of it being smooth - maybe I'll end up with squares after all!

I think I will fill in the end of months with the dark grey so that they are all 62 rows long.

Wow, I'm going to get a big blanket! Maybe I can have a seperate one for every season!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2013 02:25:27 PM »

It will be interesting to see no matter what you get...also, to see your ribbed knitting! Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look from Gucci Spring 2014
Get the Look from Prada Spring 2014
Get the Look from Anna Sui Spring 2014
Get the Look from Versace Spring 2014
Get the Look from Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2014
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...