A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,924
Currently Running With Scissors:
374 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Your Daily Reflections--Continuing the saga in 2014!  (Read 49641 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pocketwatch
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2012 08:32:13 AM »

I've had my eye on this for a while. It is such a great project for continuity and consistency. I was planning to start by watching the sky for a month and then buying those colors. For some reason I feel like the scarf should document the weather in one place for a year, not just wherever I am every day, and I live all over the place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2012 08:38:26 AM »

That is what I am doing now...each day I look at the sky outside my door and imagine what color I would use...I think I have the right yarns for winter but I might have to get some more for spring and summer...I will adapt and figure out some of it as I go...I plan on doing where I am since I am recording my days...so when I go out of town, I want that day...hopefully, some of those days will be at the beach, and some in the mountains...and Las Vegas... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2012 09:05:23 AM »

Just discovered this and loving it! Really not sure that I'll be able to keep up with it, but gonna give it a go.
Think I'll go with the moods one would be very interesting to have a record of my moods over the year - I'll go with the strongest feeling for that day, I might be feeling ok by the time I craft, but have felt cr4p for most of the day.
Will need to re-assess the chart that lovesclutter posted - I need far more negative emotions than that, but hopefully by the end of the year it'll be more positive and happy.

Also like the idea of getting the children involved, so may get a small calendar for the boys to do weather recording on.

After a few preliminary sketches and some math, I think a 3x2 inch rectangle will give me a nice lap size quilt... And I might do the "ask a stranger for a colour"  for the backing.
Smiley

Can I be your stranger and choose bright pink please?? :p  Cool Grin

Oh - and are we posting our progress here or having a 'gallery' thread and keeping this for discussions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2012 09:13:30 AM »

in craftalongs, you discuss and post as you go...I set up a page for myself to do progress and notes...but I think like in other craftalongs, seeing the daily posts makes it more fun for all without having to link back up to a previous post...Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2012 10:13:00 AM »

I like the idea of trees, but what do you do when theres no leaves on the trees at all, like now?  Or are you guys at places where you always have leaves?  I LOVE fall leaves, but my winter months would all be brown for the branches
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #75 on: December 12, 2012 10:34:26 AM »

I think the link that was given showed that the woman used a lot of blacks and greys...almost half her scarf was black and greys! Cheesy

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/bookie/sky-scarf

Here is what she posted for you guys without a Rav account:
"
5-17-12--there was a robin in the nearly bare tree in March and a morning where the bare branches were covered in droplets of fog bringing a tiny bit of orange in the brown and two rows with clear beads. Now there are leaves and Im switching out the black for a variegated green and the ash brown for a Crayola brown for the bark. I plan to randomly switch greens to that I dont die of boredom. Its going to be interesting, Ill say that.

10-24-12--summers over so the greens have been stopped, autumn colors now until the last leaf falls then back to the brown until the snow flies."
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012 10:37:36 AM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2012 10:40:40 AM »

Well twisted, the mood is a great idea for me as it will keep me grounded. You can always make a color chart that fits you better. The one I posted has so many blue tones, so I may actually make a more simple color story. I tend to be happy more than sad, but like today, overcast, I feel more 'empty'. Thinking making new emotions and feelings. Like delirious, empty, spent, energetic and such. Thanks AIMR for starting this, and  posting here will be therapy for all of us. I'm glad you didn't separate it out. And Daily Reflections is a perfect title. I have a couple of weeks to finalize and pick the yarns.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
twisted5whispers
Knit knit knit

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2012 12:20:31 PM »

You mean 365 stitches or 365 lines?

Whatever, it will be colorful and beautiful!

I am thinking that a cross stitch piece would be lovely, too!

Do you guys think we need a separate craftalong for moods and one for nature?

If so, I can move all the posts around...or should we just call it a Daily Reflection Craftalong?

I'm thinking 365 stitches, if I do french knots then 365 knots lined up in lines. I think I would carry the floss on the back and just leave it dangle till I need that color for my mood again, to save the hassle... yes I like this idea!!

I think we should just leave it as a Daily Reflection Craftalong. Easier to keep us all motivated if we can see so many people's different idea's going on in once place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
Whistley

Adventure is out there!

« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2012 08:44:04 PM »

I like the idea of a daily reflections craftalong. I love the nature idea and want to do a sky scarf. This may be the motivation I need. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me 'splain. No, there is too much. Let me sum up.
Cwafting. Cwafting is wot bwings us togevvah today.
Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #79 on: December 12, 2012 09:30:37 PM »

Ooo I like the idea of a french knot a day... no matter how little time you have, you have time to do that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
#MyModamobStyle: Featured Reader @NatyBaby
How To Wear A Blazer Like The Stars
New Jeans Change Color When Body Temperature Changes
Kate Middleton Goes Bold in Leopard Print
Spring Fashion With The WanderLust Girls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...