A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
798 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Your Daily Reflections--Continuing the saga in 2014!  (Read 42810 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Maple Girl
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012 04:22:04 PM »

This is such a novel concept! It doesn't have to be a sky either. I'm thinking that you could do the ground, or a tree, or what color of shirt you wore that day (although that would be a lot of yarn, unless you're like me and you tend to wear the same set of colors).

I like the fact that this is an art project to help become aware of my surroundings. I get so tunnel-visioned sometimes. I might even turn this into a modern art hoop project. ^_^ With beads. Or cross stitch.

Or maybe I"ll make a blanket.

OH the possibilities!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
magdalena_011
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012 08:22:55 PM »

oh man! I already signed up and look forward to starting the project in New Years. I'm already going to start looking at the sky to see what colors I should get. Can't wait to see all the results. Good Luck everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SilverMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Rainbow IS a colour!

Probably erring on the wrong side of crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012 08:30:11 PM »

Take a photo!

If you don't have time to do things every day and are worried about remembering to document, There are apps for smartphones liked 365 photos that have built in reminder alarms. I'm thinking a skyphoto a day would make a neat tumblr blog too! I just started a 365 tumblr with a little sketch or doodle a day and so far I've missed a few days, but I'm being easy on myself and as long as I make them up again I'm not quitting.

Now I want to do a sky blog too! Make all the things! Over commit to all the projects! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carolmb

50 Projects 2014 List total 9/24

Making things, makes life happy!

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012 04:04:39 AM »

Sounds like a great way to build on my very basic skills for knitting LOL yes I do mean basic I can cast on. If I take a bit to recall how and knit and pearl LOL again with a bit of recall aka (talking to the yarn with a lot of reading starting, undoing, starting, undoing)

anyway It does sound like something to improve the skill and that will reconnect me with nature something needed.

Shall price some good yarn, think of if I wish to do early, mid-day or evening.

Here in texas that would be completely different range of colors. But all in all it does sound like a great way to calm, connect and become aware of yourself, the moment, time

well and wonderment
carol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012 08:28:08 AM »

What an awesome idea.  I don't know that I'll do knit or crochet, but the inchie a day would be cool.  Decisions, decisions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mountains and Clouds
Tutorial Contributor

don't worry, be happy. for realz.

Mo' bettah you live Hawai`i

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012 10:08:33 AM »

This is a cool idea!  Around here, it would be a fantastic range of color... but there is not a consistent time of day that I can look up.... have to think upon this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.mountainsandclouds.com/stellas-trip-to-oahu.html
MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED AS OF APRIL 2014.  PLEASE PM ME FOR AN UPDATE IF YOU NEED IT! : )
Sunbala
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012 10:38:26 AM »

Love that idea! Especially because there are several knitters / crocheters who may have felt that they did not have time to stich everyday. This project has the potential to lead to much more joy for many!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012 02:22:12 PM »

I was trying to think of what would be the best time of day to look up, and had come to the conclusion that 7 PM would work well, it's when I sit and knit or spin.  But then it suddenly occured to me, while looking out the window while kneading the bun dough that right now, at 4pm,  the sun is setting.  I would have a HUGE chunk of black, one on each end.  I need to choose a better time to do this..... hrm... where can I squeeze it in during the day....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2012 03:31:44 PM »

Belladune, that's the same problem I'm running into! I was almost thinking of doing my scarf as a "wake up in the morning sky" and checking it first thing (and crocheting it later in the day... no time to crochet before work!). Some days it'll be dark, but on others, depending on the day of the week and the time of the year, it'll be light. I might have to use dark blue instead of black for the pre-dawn sky, but if it's really dark, I might have to have some black, too. There's a chance I could catch some sunrise colors (but it would be rare), so I may have to plan for that.

Hmmmm... first thing in the morning might be my most consistent option. If I peek out of the bedroom window, I get the best view of the sky (my view is limited by trees, closely packed houses and the fact the the 2 neighboring streets are uphill, which puts my street into a sort of valley).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012 06:25:09 PM »

I think I really like this idea!!  Hmmmm.....I think I'll record the sky when I pick the kids up from school, 3:00 pm and make a ripple blanket.  ORRRRR, I could have one kid each day bring me a ball of yarn from my not so small stash and that would be the colour that day.  Hmmmm......decision s decisions!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 43 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fur Trends for the Fall and Winter Season
Tips for Outfits That Break Fashion Rules
Tips for Finding the Right Coat
Layering Clothes Guide
Date Night Outfit Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...