A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,157
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft Your Daily Reflections--Continuing the saga in 2014!  (Read 49375 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SuperNerdyHooker
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012 02:00:14 PM »

What a lovely idea!

I'll have to think about what thing in nature inspires me the most. Probably something I see as I walk to and from work everyday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012 02:42:16 PM »

I've decided that I'm going to look straight up as I leave work for my lunch break every day. That way I'll have one fairly consistent time each day (just have to remember the weekends!), as well as a consistent location.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012 03:41:38 PM »

...on occasion (like the weekend or vacations), I can add in some bobbles or some front post trebles. Maybe fptr on the weekend and bobbles on holidays/vacations!
Oooooo, I like that idea Grin

Smiley

And, as I was leaving the house this morning, I thought about how I could record the sky color when I was in the car. I'm thinking of adopting the calendar idea that a few people have mentioned. I'm also going to make up a set of color cards (little pieces of yarn, or maybe a Granny's Daughter of each color) and keep them on a ring in the car. I'll number each one, so when I get in the car, I can match the sky to my yarn colors, make a note of the color and drive off. I'll probably keep a duplicate set in the house for the weekends (I don't want to have to run out to my car parked on the street in my jammies on a Saturday morning Smiley ).

I am so inspired by all of the ideas that are being posted! I can't wait until we get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012 06:28:57 PM »

ha--it is only a little more than two weeks...time will go quickly...get your idea, get your yarn, set up a time, relax and enjoy the view...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012 07:15:42 PM »

Well, I can't decide, so I'm doing BOTH my ideas!!!  I love blues, so I think I will do the sky challenge in a ripple blanket for me and I'll do another that the kids decide what colour each day from my stash in either a ripple or granny, join-as-you-go
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
twisted5whispers
Knit knit knit

« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012 09:31:22 PM »

I'm going to join this but I am going with the mood one instead, and I'm going to make a hoppla. Any idea what stitch would be good for this? I was thinking french knots, and starting at one end on the bottom and going in vertical lines till I reach the top then going down beside it back and forth in a like stripe? But I'm not sure what stitch to do? Any ideas? I will be "assessing" my moods at the end of the day, when I seem to have the most free time with my crazy work schedule.  Grin

MY MOOD HOOPLA

Date began:  January 1, 2013

FLOSS:
STITCH PATTERN:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in doing personal swaps! I can knit, crochet and sew. Smiley
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2012 07:05:29 AM »

You mean 365 stitches or 365 lines?

Whatever, it will be colorful and beautiful!

I am thinking that a cross stitch piece would be lovely, too!

Do you guys think we need a separate craftalong for moods and one for nature?

If so, I can move all the posts around...or should we just call it a Daily Reflection Craftalong?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012 07:27:33 AM »

Do you guys think we need a separate craftalong for moods and one for nature?

If so, I can move all the posts around...or should we just call it a Daily Reflection Craftalong?
I love the idea of it being a Daily Reflections Craftalong.  I feel they are all in the same vein, and I want to see everyone's creative interpretation of the Sky Scarf in one post.  We are all denoting the day for a year, so we are all on the same crafty journey.  But I would gladly travel all the threads to everyone's creations if that comes to pass.

The more I think of this craftalong, the more I love it.  I think calming and centering myself each and every day will be a great lesson of patience, reflection, meditation, and determination.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012 07:28:20 AM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sara55
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2012 08:11:03 AM »

I like the color choices here, nice job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2012 08:30:06 AM »

I've been mulling this over, and am considering doing a wrap rather than a scarf. What I'd do is knit 24 stitches each day (for the hours) and have 7 days in each row. After 52 rows I'd be done. That's only 364 days rather than 365, but I think that's alright. I can spend one day blocking or weaving in ends or whatever to finish it up. What do you think?

And I have no idea about colors. I'm leaning toward trees since I love 'em or just going with whatever color strikes me at the moment when I knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Daffy Duck
How to Draw Kitty Katswell from T.U.F.F Puppy
How to Draw Katy Perry
How to Draw Homer Simpson
How to Draw Bart Simpson
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...