A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,571
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gory, bloody, not-for-the-squeamish horror tins! **UPDATED!** WOO!  (Read 32687 times)
Tags for this thread: tin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005 01:36:40 PM »

the first one is so beautiful! i love the message, i love the hair, and i love the flowers. what incredible detail!

have you ever thought about doing stage makeup? the bruising looks really well done! (i feel like that was kind of innapropriate thing to say in this context... but it's true!)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2005 01:59:07 PM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
BlackMarketBaby
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005 01:54:57 PM »

hee hee!
I like the skin disease one! ... actually, I like 'em all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
corduroy cat
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2005 01:59:29 PM »

wow, so cool! all of them are beautiful in their own dark evil bloody way! (gum one is hilarious)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fruithead
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2005 04:21:39 PM »

those look amazing! any pointers for those of us who want to make 'em ourselves. i have shadowboxes in my room i need to fill and one of these would be perfect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lrschic
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2005 04:50:59 PM »

Um... WOW!  Shocked Those look so professional and detailed, like they would have to be machine made, but it's much cooler that they are handmade. You are definitely talented, and I really like all of them. Props!  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."~ Roald Dahl

My website: www.craftemagee.com
SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2005 07:30:30 PM »

Thanks everyone, y'all are very kind  Kiss  I really loved making these, and it makes me happy that people are as excited about them as I am!  I'll be making more, I'll post when I do.

Upthread a bit, someone asked if I have any pointers to share.  I do have a few Smiley  First, sand your tin.  I used to skip this step, and I ended up with oodles of air bubbles under the smooth clay.  This time, because I really wanted them as close to perfect as possible, I sanded them, first with a fine buffing block, then (over the parts that wouldn't show) with a rough (not sure which grit) piece of sandpaper.  I had almost no bubbling!  Yay!  Second, try not to use too many solid colors when you're sculpting small groups of things like flowers--swirl two or three colors together, then form petals and leaves.  Otherwise, you'll have no depth, and the objects won't look so impressive.  My photos don't show a lot of the detail, but the flowers look like I worked a lot harder than I did Smiley 

Thanks again Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.co m
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2005 07:36:44 PM »

These are honestly the coolest things I've ever seen on Craftster. Ever. You must take me under your wing and teach me the ways of polymer clay gore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SassetteOPants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2005 09:48:15 PM »

the first one is so beautiful! i love the message, i love the hair, and i love the flowers. what incredible detail!

have you ever thought about doing stage makeup? the bruising looks really well done! (i feel like that was kind of innapropriate thing to say in this context... but it's true!)

Haha, thank you!  I've dabbled in makeup, it's really fun.  My best friend and I gave ourselves fake black eyes for our new driver's license photos; you can see mine, but it doesn't look it's best due to the distance from the camera :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.co m
SassetteOPants

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2005 09:50:16 PM »

These are honestly the coolest things I've ever seen on Craftster. Ever. You must take me under your wing and teach me the ways of polymer clay gore.

Aww, thank you.  I'll teach ya all I know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Insinuendos.etsy.co m
DevilDoll
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2005 09:56:19 PM »

These are all amazing.  Gory & yet .. kinda glamourous!  I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
H&M Designs Sustainable Evening Wear Collection
Man Bids $360k On Princess Diana Gown To Cheer Up Wife
Designer Spotlight: YANA K
How to Embellish a Blouse With Pearls Inspired by Chanel
AG Jeans and Liberty London Collab On Denim Collection
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...