A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sad art doll  (Read 2003 times)
Tags for this thread: art_doll  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rinique
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012 11:10:44 AM »

I was looking at the thumbnail, and clicked on the image because it called out to me. This really is a fantastic doll, with such a heartfelt story... It brought a tear to my eye, you've really gone through alot >< The dolls half-healed heart, the imperfections, it really calls out to you. I hope you're not super stressed out with school and all, and get a chance to relax, Miss Wendiek ^^  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wendiek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012 12:31:51 PM »

Susan, I can surely feel the love and prayers you sent me. I feel so loved by you here on Craftster!
Thanks a lot! It really is a compliment for all you craftsters that I shared this: I feel at ease, loved and comfortable here.
We all share the love for crafting and that makes us equal, but behind that all is a different story.

And thank you too, Rinique for your comment. I went with the moment, that makes this doll so special and unique. I will be okay and with the upcoming Christmas holiday there will be enough time for me to relax and maybe sew another nice doll.
I hope you will enjoy Craftster as much as I do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rinique
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012 08:17:39 PM »

Ah, thank you for the welcome ^^ I love all the different styles everyone has, its really quite amazing! Talent and creativity are truly unique! Glad to know you'll be okay! I'm very excited for Christmas since my older sister is coming for the holidays, I love my siblings very much! =D Take care! I'd love to see more of your creations
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wendiek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012 01:05:15 PM »

Ah, thank you for the welcome ^^ I love all the different styles everyone has, its really quite amazing! Talent and creativity are truly unique! Glad to know you'll be okay! I'm very excited for Christmas since my older sister is coming for the holidays, I love my siblings very much! =D Take care! I'd love to see more of your creations

You're welcome! I wish you a very good time with your sister this Christmas!

I don't want to promote myself, but I assume that you're not familiar with Craftster yet. If you want to see more projects of one member, you can click on "images by this member" under the avatar. You can also take a look on that members summary by clicking on the name. Some have a short list there with their websites,(blog, etsy, pinterest, ...) likes, short story and swaps that member joined. Hope that helps  Smiley

And you can be sure of new projects of mine in the future!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mini_mum
Crafting along nicely :)

my lovely boys

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012 08:03:31 AM »

Wendie,
I have met you a few times through swaps, but don't know you that well.
I think that you are very brave to post something so personal on here and I so glad you feel comfortable and loved here - as you say crafting gives us an equality we may otherwise not have.
I love the doll, even if she is sad, and knowing how she came about, the feelings behind her construction, makes her even more special.
There is a lot of support for all of us here, if we just make it known we need it!

Wishing each and everyone of us a very happy Christmas and a VERY crafty 2013.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wendiek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012 11:30:08 AM »

Wendie,
I have met you a few times through swaps, but don't know you that well.
I think that you are very brave to post something so personal on here and I so glad you feel comfortable and loved here - as you say crafting gives us an equality we may otherwise not have.
I love the doll, even if she is sad, and knowing how she came about, the feelings behind her construction, makes her even more special.
There is a lot of support for all of us here, if we just make it known we need it!

Wishing each and everyone of us a very happy Christmas and a VERY crafty 2013.

Thanks, mini_mum for your nice words! I wanted to share this because sewing what I feel was so new AND I hope to somehow encourage others to be open about it. Maybe it is the Dutch way, I don't know (we tend to be very "to the point" and open about lots, but I'm not always that honest about how I feel to most)
I love the doll and her sadness too, I feel now that it is okay to be sad.

Yes, there is an enormous amount of support here (and probably around us) but it is up to you if you are willing to receive.

I wish you and of course all the Craftsters a very healthy, happy new year. I hope to see more great projects in 2013!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puamelia

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012 10:55:48 AM »

Dear wendiek, I'm so sorry about your mom but your wonderful doll is proof that from trials come tribulations. And dear gotgrey, that happened to me when I lost my Daddy 7 years ago yesterday. It was a couple months before I broke down out of nowhere after holding everyone up through the holidays. The beautiful gift he gave us in his passing was the first complete gathering of our family for Christmas since we were little. My heart still aches, but life is good. And I give thanks for all I have, including all of you Craftster crafters.
Thank you for the sad doll wendiek, and your bravery for making and then posting her. *hugs*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gearing up for summer.... need a break!

... looking for a swap soon
wendiek

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012 11:05:49 AM »

Dear wendiek, I'm so sorry about your mom but your wonderful doll is proof that from trials come tribulations. And dear gotgrey, that happened to me when I lost my Daddy 7 years ago yesterday. It was a couple months before I broke down out of nowhere after holding everyone up through the holidays. The beautiful gift he gave us in his passing was the first complete gathering of our family for Christmas since we were little. My heart still aches, but life is good. And I give thanks for all I have, including all of you Craftster crafters.
Thank you for the sad doll wendiek, and your bravery for making and then posting her. *hugs*

Yesterday was probably one of your least favorite days. Sorry for your loss, puamelia!
It is okay to be sad and you don't always need to be strong. Feeling sad and showing your sadness is being strong too. It makes you appreciate what you do have.

And crafting heals, especially with Craftster to share.
 Take care! Thanks for your comment  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012 04:57:02 AM »

Thank you for sharing your story and your doll.

I am sorry for your lose.

Thank you everyone else for sharing your stories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
puamelia

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012 08:29:39 PM »

Yesterday was probably one of your least favorite days. Sorry for your loss, puamelia!
It is okay to be sad and you don't always need to be strong. Feeling sad and showing your sadness is being strong too. It makes you appreciate what you do have.

And crafting heals, especially with Craftster to share.
 Take care! Thanks for your comment  Smiley

Thank you, I learned that experiencing and allowing my feelings are ok, thru my husband. I always appreciate the reminder from kind loving people like you. I've never thought of it as my least fav day... It's more of a remembering for a moment, a reminder to live life and appreciate as you said. You take care too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gearing up for summer.... need a break!

... looking for a swap soon
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making Indian Kerala Masala Spice
How to Make an Indian Chapati Bread
Asian Twist on Gourmet Recipe For Steak and Fries
How to Make a Delicious California Roll Uramaki
How to Cook Miso Soup at Home
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...