A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,608
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Plush Critters (pony, sea slug & frog) & a possible new pattern?  (Read 1127 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tylon

Graphic Designer & Crafter!

View Profile WWW
« on: December 11, 2012 02:41:50 PM »

A family friend was actually interested in my plush animals, and wanted me to make a few for her kids. She has a little boy who she wanted a pillow for (which I made the sea slug/ Nudibranch; it is his FIRST actual pillow!) and a frog that he could carry around (his first stuffed animal as well). For her little girl, she wanted a pink princess pony cause her daughter loves ponies and horses. I found a great pony pattern from a user named voodoo-tiki on DA who has many great patterns and tutorials on how you can make your own ponies/ horses.

I am also working on revising and creating patterns. I made up a few laying down patterns (I have one for horses/ ponies, cats, dogs, etc) because I intend on going to some craft fairs and want to make up a variety of animals for my display, and have been gathering feedback from locals on what they and their kids like. I am also trying to try different things. Not to mention where I am, it is very, very country so horses, ponies, pigs, cows, roosters- farm animals and farm life in general is very, very popular. Since people around here have been complimenting me on the pony I made I decided I would go and make up my own pattern. There is a mini pony/ horse pattern I am working on as well. I honestly never thought I would be making ponies. It's defiantly a switch from my usual, and I am glad that people like it. I purposely wanted it to look different than the usual ponies I see in the style of the actual cartoons.

I also was surprised that people adored the little frog I made, so I plan on making some more frogs as well. Plus I love frogs myself. 

So for the new pattern- I decided I would try out an axolotl (of course I did). I think for the axolotls I will make the tail smaller and wider; cause it is very hard to get the tail fin to fit in such a small area. I think this pattern needs a little more poof to it. I still am in debate if I want the heads of the animals to be up like this one, or make it level with the body. Oh the decisions!

I am really excited to be doing all this new stuff, and if anybody has any advice on patterns, animals to make, colors, craft booth ideas, etc it would be greatly appreciated! I have worked many craft booths before with the company I design for, but I have been requested by various people to start working on my own booth because I make such "unique" items, I should show it and share them. So I am very excited to be involved locally and being able to network with other talented crafters around the area. It truly is a wonderful community to get involved in, and I feel so much more inspired to try new things. 

Thanks again for looking!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a graphic designer. I am an illustrator. I am a photographer. I am a writer. I am a crafter. I am an artist. I am a creator.
hollywood311
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012 03:11:50 PM »

That Sea Slug is magical!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come on by and see what I'm up to http://hollylynnclark.blogspot.com
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2012 02:39:02 PM »

I have always loved your plushies Tylon!  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Elizabeth Winthrop: What Are You Reading?
CoolAger of the Year Awards
Adam Goldman: What Are You Reading?
Lisa Unger: What Are You Reading?
Passionaries by Tonya Hurley Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...