A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Guest bedroom makeover  (Read 3739 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013 05:19:48 AM »

Wow, colorful and beautiful.  I would gladly rest my noggin in that space.  That window is gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013 07:56:44 AM »

well sweets, you are always welcome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bridgeciaj
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013 03:38:03 PM »

What a lovely job you did!   I love the color following down from the window onto the bed and the bookshelves!  Makes me want to go buy some and start painting!  I have two windows that would benefit greatly from this, but I've used the Gallery Glass product before and on windows with a lot of direct sunlight it fades too quickly for the amount of trouble I would have to go through to reach them.  On a small window like you have re-doing the window might actually be a treat!  Roll Eyes
Makes me want to come visit you! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibinitch
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013 04:36:42 PM »

The window is so pretty! I love stained glass. I plan on doing something similar with the small diamond shaped window in my new bedroom but I don't know if I'll use the film or the paint.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013 03:43:50 AM »

I have two windows that would benefit greatly from this, but I've used the Gallery Glass product before and on windows with a lot of direct sunlight it fades too quickly for the amount of trouble I would have to go through to reach them.  On a small window like you have re-doing the window might actually be a treat!  Roll Eyes
Makes me want to come visit you! Cheesy

craftsters always welcome to come and visit!!.... the film that I used is supposed to be very light fast. I bought it from a company who do this kind of thing commercially. I cannot remember the actual details, but they did say that it is supposed to be lightfast for years.

this window does not get a lot of direct light, but in a previous house I had it on windows that did get direct light and it didn't appear to fade after about 5 or more years. Well Ok it might have faded a little, but it wasn't really noticible.

The window is so pretty! I love stained glass. I plan on doing something similar with the small diamond shaped window in my new bedroom but I don't know if I'll use the film or the paint.

The film works great for a vertical surface like this..no runs! and an even colour distribution all over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013 03:50:00 AM »

Ok I am 99% sure that this is the product, lead and films, that I used. They have some nice tutorials on this site too...not that I saw any of them before I started...!

http://www.decraled.co.uk/

as regards light fastness, this is from their website 'guarantee that Decra-Glow film will not fade by more than 10% of its original density in a period of ten years when correctly applied to double glazed units
Due to the possibility of adverse influences on single glazing, the above guarantee does not apply.'

I know they do a get out with respect to single glazed glass, but if it only fades less than 10% in 10 years, then the single glazed stuff might fade, but still probably not much more than twice that.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013 03:55:25 AM by edelC » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013 11:39:32 AM »

Thanks again for sharing!  Featured this thread in the Craftster January Newsletter:  Home for New Years. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013 01:50:41 AM »

Thanks again for sharing!  Featured this thread in the Craftster January Newsletter:  Home for New Years. Smiley

aw that gives me the warm fuzzies on this cold wet morning..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alexxxx
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013 11:44:06 AM »

I love this room,
the bed,the storage, the stained glass, the wall, you did a great job.
I will one day stain glass the top section of my window, it just creates such a warm glow.

Just a quick nosey question, was that loads of wine/champagne i spot?
did you have to drink that to make space Grin
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013 11:45:10 AM by alexxxx » THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2013 05:20:46 AM »

I love this room,
the bed,the storage, the stained glass, the wall, you did a great job.
I will one day stain glass the top section of my window, it just creates such a warm glow.

Just a quick nosey question, was that loads of wine/champagne i spot?
did you have to drink that to make space Grin

lol..yes that is a lot of fizzy white wine, there is huge tax on alcohol in ireland...a bottle of wine attracts about 78% tax!!!!!!!! so a $10 bottle of wine here is cheap and nasty stuff mostly. I took our tiny camper van,

- Rosita the wonder van, has her own thread here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=343917.0-

to france (and have done in the last three years) and discovered a gorgeous fizzy white, cheap as chips (about $2) and so each year I have brought back about 50 or 60 bottles..It was my daughters 18 birthday yesterday so we drank a few of the bottles...but happily I haven't had to actually drink them all to make space...I just moved them into my bedroom...lol..some people have wine cellars...some have boozy bedrooms...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Has Crumbs Bake Shop Found A Savior?
How to Make Chocolate Dipped Peanut-Coated Ice Cream Cones
Cherry-Hazelnut Scone Recipe
How to Make a Delicious Summer Trifle in Just 60 Seconds
How to Make a Chocolate Salami
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...