A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweaters I've made in the last few weeks for my daughter  (Read 3272 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012 07:17:48 PM »

Those are very pretty! you have my admiration, I have never tried something like a sweater before!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012 07:20:31 PM »

Those are all beautiful. I hope to get to where I can crochet such pieces someday. And I would die to where that blue one!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
susie in the sky
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013 07:04:29 AM »

I LOVE the rainbow one...your littley is soo lucky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty, eco-y, charity shopp-y, vegan-y, happy-y blog...

http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/
mrsmartin428
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013 05:57:37 PM »

In the past few weeks I've been gearing up for my girls and back to school time, and since it's been unseasonably cool lately it's been appropriate sweater-making weather.  I've been enjoying altering Doris Chan patterns to fit my petite ladies, and I have to say that I am really loving her patterns.

I am not thrilled with the yarn on this one, it was a really cheap brand I found at Michael's and it doesn't soften up much when washed, but as long as it is worn over a long sleeve shirt it shouldn't bother her too much.  This is Doris Chan's Haru pattern from Everyday Crochet, which I altered to fit my youngest.

This pink vest is really another Haru without the sleeves, made with I Love This Yarn Sport.  I used the same size hook as suggested in the pattern and followed the pattern without alterations, and with the super lightweight yarn was able to make this to fit my 10 year old perfectly.

This is another Haru done in Red Heart Soft yarn for my 10 year old.  I followed the instructions for the Tall Latte sleeves as she hates full-length sleeves.  This is my new favorite sweater-making yarn as I like the drape and softness to it.

This is a vest for my 5 year old, also done in Red Heart Soft yarn.  It is Doris Chan's Mei-Mei pattern, which I followed exactly except went down 2 hook sizes.  I also lengthened it to just above hip-length before working the bolero shaping to make more of a retro vest (she loves it).

Now hopefully I will get some better pictures when they wear them to school.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

C'mon get happy!  :-P
mrsmartin428
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013 06:02:36 PM »

Somehow I forgot to also post this rainbow-stripe cardigan that I also made for my 5 year old.  I used the Chevron Lace Cardigan pattern (free on Ravelry), which I made to fit her perfectly.  I think she will get a lot of use out of this one as it is her favorite of all the sweaters I have made.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013 06:29:04 PM »

Beautiful sweaters, I think my faves are the green stripes one and the rainbow chevron, have to go look up that pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013 08:20:57 AM »

You have very lucky daughters!  They are very nicely done and the colors look so versatile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
mrsmartin428
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2013 01:59:16 PM »

Managed to get a few pics of my older daughter in the sweaters I've made her.  Unfortunately she refuses to give me a real smile for pictures with all her orthodontic work (poor kid).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mama24boyz

AND1GIRL!!

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2013 03:54:42 PM »

Very pretty! Model and sweater!  Grin. Are they all the same pattern? I really like the burgundy and grey ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I absolutely love love quilts, do you think an afghan is a fair trade for a quilt? I'd love to swap!
Etsy
Pinterest
Mamas Creations on Facebook
mrsmartin428
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013 07:52:22 AM »

The burgundy and gray pullovers are both Doris Chan patterns from her book Everyday Crochet...the pattern is called Tall Latte.  The striped cardigan is Doris Chan's Haru pattern from the same book, except I used the sleeves for Tall Latte because my daughter loathes sleeves that come down to her wrist.  The burgundy cardigan is also a Haru, but I used the sleeves from another pattern in the book (Shannon).

They're all adult-sized patterns, I followed the patterns for the smallest size...I crochet tight which is why they fit my 10 year old, my gauge is always really small.  I've also found that some of the patterns in the book I can make to fit my 5 year old as well, I just do the smallest size and drop down to an H hook and leave off the last rep of the yoke pattern.   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Brigitte Bardot Hair Tutorial
Bob Hair Trend At 2013 Emmys
Hair Loss In Women, A Growing Problem
Going Brunette: What to Know Before Embracing the Dark Side
How To Clip in A One Piece Hair Extension
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...