A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweaters I've made in the last few weeks for my daughter  (Read 3150 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mrsmartin428
« on: December 02, 2012 12:49:10 PM »

My youngest will be starting kindergarten next year, and I know from my older kids going through the same elementary school that a lot of times the school is fairly chilly.  So, I started hunting around on Ravelry and found a couple patterns for sweaters that I really liked and wanted to make for her.

This first one was a free pattern by Sharon Volkman called Girl's Lacy Sweater.  In the pattern it called for all one color, but I thought that was a little blah...and I think every 5 year old little girl HAS to have a piece of clothing with a rainbow on it. 

Next is Girls Classic Cardigan by Lisa van Klaveren in yellow.  The buttons are sentimental, because they were in the stash of buttons I got when my mom passed away.  I really like this one, but I don't know if it's going to fit her next year because it fits her pretty well right now...seems like her patterns are written a little on the small-side...or it could just be that my yarn was a tad thin.  This isn't a free pattern, I bought it from her Etsy shop Holland Designs.

This blue one is my FAVORITE of all.  It worked up really fast and I love that even though you can tell it's handmade it's kind of...classy (not sure if that's quite the word I'm looking for but hey).  This is another pattern I bought off Etsy, but this one is by Jennifer Pionk and is called Classic Charm Girls Cardigan.  As much as I love this pattern, there really wasn't much by way of directions for making the sleeves, so I had to write my own.  That's not such a bad thing though, because I got exactly the look I was going for.  Just wish it came in some larger sizes as my older daughter would love to have one too.  The button is actually from my late grandmother's button stash, so there's some sentimentality to this one as well.

Last is a red jumper I made from some yarn I had left over for another project...and is also Jennifer Pionk's Classic Charm Girls Cardigan.  This one I made in my daughter's current size instead of planning for next year so that she can wear it at our family gathering this Christmas.

Whew!  I've been busy...not too shabby for 2-3 weeks' work.  Happy Holidays all!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

C'mon get happy!  :-P
AugustBell
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012 01:46:40 PM »

Wow, these are so beautiful! I love the rainbow and blue one. So pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Artisan82

formerly Crafty.Canadian

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012 02:39:06 PM »

They're awesome.  Great pattern choices, I think.  I'm a crocheter myself (I can't knit) and I know it can be frustrating to find patterns for cute wearables in crochet.  Excellent pattern and yarn choices.  Your garments turned out really beautifully.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I post all my crafty stuff on Facebook.  I'd LOVE if you'd like my page!
Artisan 82 on Facebook
My baby, my Etsy shop: Artisan 82 on Etsy
calluna
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012 05:30:01 PM »

So cute!  And I agree--"more rainbows" is always the best choice!  Grin
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012 05:36:40 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Maple Girl
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012 06:07:17 PM »

Let me preface this with - Those are REALLY cute!

And then I will reveal my Geek Cred badge - when I saw the thumbnail pic that led me here I thought, "Wesley Crusher sweater!" I am fairly certain they made him wear a sweater with rainbow-ish stripes.

However, when I looked at the real pic I just thought that the sweaters were beautiful, and how much I missed my amazing grandmother who could knit and crochet up a storm.  I think you're talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SiFi Mom

I own too many beads!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012 08:16:35 AM »

Wow, I can't believe you made all of these in a few weeks!  They're gorgeous, and I would love to have them as a "big" girl.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SiFi Mom, aka Nancy
Crafting is my mental therapy!
mrsmartin428
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012 03:42:30 AM »

Thanks everyone!   Smiley  Each one took about 2 days total to make since the patterns weren't very complicated.

LOL...I had the biggest crush on Wesley Crusher when I was a kid

I really wish I could find patterns for older girls' sweaters, especially the cardigans.  My older daughter is getting ready to turn 10 and she still loves it when I make her things...but it's pretty slim pickings to find crochet patterns that are appropriate for her.  Ok...and maybe some for myself as well. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012 03:45:02 AM by mrsmartin428 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

C'mon get happy!  :-P
pumpkinguts
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012 08:48:18 PM »

These are all beautiful sweaters!  You have definitely changed my mind about crocheted sweaters, I usually prefer the knitted look.  Girls Classic Cardigan by Lisa van Klaveren in yellow is hands down my favorite! Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012 04:30:43 PM »

beautiful work! I especially like the yellow one. I'd love to have one in my size!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
kuddlekubs
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012 04:34:13 AM »

Add me to the list of those impressed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I'm sitting, I'm crocheting!

Check out the giveaway thread on Crochetville, I participate....a LOT!

Charity Items I Make: baby hats, felted bags
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Roz Savage Talks About Rowing the Atlantic
Meet Author Ruth Rendell
Tania James Talks About Atlas of Unknowns
Meet Author Marina Nemat
Nicolle Wallace Talks About Eighteen Acres
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...