A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,650
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junker Jane Style Doll Swap, sign ups CLOSED; send by Jan 18  (Read 55875 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melissaurus
« Reply #330 on: December 26, 2012 05:14:47 PM »

I've finally washed the fabric I'm going to use for my doll.

At the moment, I'm enjoying the beautiful, crisp blue moonlight, and watching some special about Baroque art tonight, while being forced to pet happily enjoying the company of my two kitties.

Hope everyone's holidays have been wonderful. I got a needle felting kit for Christmas, and I do believe I have finished the small item for my partner. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #331 on: December 26, 2012 10:10:50 PM »

Hoping to get started Friday. Have a revised schedule for the last two weeks. Not loving the new job nor hating it. Got a broken windshield for Christmas. But also a nice package from MT. ups and downs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
puamelia

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: December 26, 2012 10:46:26 PM »

Wow, seems it was an exciting holiday for all.  Just got home, had dinner, checking in before bed. Need to be up in 8 hours, another 12hr shift.  But I'll be off the next 3 days, so I'll be able to work on the doll and decide on the small, before new years eve. Gnite!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, squared!
onthinice
« Reply #333 on: December 26, 2012 11:15:12 PM »

My trip to the scrapbook store yielded funky eye possibilities.  I took a side trip to a frou-frou quilting store and picked up the fat quarters (like I need any more fabric) for doll appendages.  I also got a purse pattern that I definitely don't need.  Tomorrow I'll most likely hit the thrift stores for more quality junk doll supplies.  Now that the doll's design has begun to blossom in my head, I am getting super excited to see if I can make it happen.

alwaysinmyroom - Yep, ditto on glad most people don't understand my fondness for the weird, ha ha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: December 27, 2012 08:15:39 AM »

You have been busy, ladies!
the only thing I did was eat, enjoy being with my family and eat a little more, hahaha!

Oh and I knitted a very simple scarf, that was a gift from my Stepmom (for my birthday, which was in August, hahaha) I knitted that with "funny yarn" a sort of net-yarn, with loops. Started 3 times and finished it twice, now I am happy with it. Maybe I will take a picture and post it, but it really isn't that extraordinary.

AIMR: a little paint or more paint, does make it more unique  Wink

Hope to start soon. Don't worry, I do perform well under pressure  Grin
(No pressure yet, though)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #335 on: December 27, 2012 08:21:31 AM »

Now that the doll's design has begun to blossom in my head, I am getting super excited to see if I can make it happen.

Me too, onthinice!  I finally know what sort of doll I will be making--that's a good feeling!  I also got a great idea this morning for WingsOfClay's small item, so if I can just find a few hours to spend in my sewing room, I can get these things done!

I love how active this thread is--it's great hearing about everyone's lives and activities and jobs.  I had a quiet Christmas at home with my family.  I didn't get any "crafty" gifts, because I always buy what I want/need when I want/need it!

Wendiek, your scarf sounds interesting, with that funny yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
lovesclutter

« Reply #336 on: December 27, 2012 09:08:32 AM »

Wendie, I would love to see the scarf. Waiting on the windshield guy right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #337 on: December 27, 2012 09:22:55 AM »

Yeah. I do a few family & friends at home. And help the hairdresser out that does my hair for weddings and formals. But I get really bad demertitis. It is not very nice.

I would love to do hair in Draculas or somewhere like thay. But for now I work for an insurance company. As a dispute resoloution officer. Nowhere nearly as fun as hairdressing.

Oh my so sorry for the dermatitis you have. At least you get to do a few people in your home. I did a lot of updos for proms & Wedings etc. I am retired so I can do what I want to. Hairstylists are usually pretty craftty. Can't wait to see what your JJ doll is going to look like.

"wendiek" your scarf sounds interesting love to see a pic

"lovesclutter" Sorry that someone broke your car window. I had that happen to me & it was horrible!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012 09:27:58 AM by Sharalee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Received/Sent
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Received/Sent
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #338 on: December 27, 2012 11:11:09 AM »

the body of my doll is all done - just face and hair to go, then some more dying maybe, then stuffing and sewing up.
I don't know what I want to do for my small yet.. though I have an idea... so, more thinking while I finish the main doll
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
lovesclutter

« Reply #339 on: December 27, 2012 12:57:03 PM »

Sharalee, I broke it myself. LOL Fixed today and finally found a rear door window cheap at a local junkyard. That has been out over 3 years, when my stereo got stolen. I love this truck and it has been a lot of bad luck. Have no drivers side mirror either from the truck being side swipped. Hopefully the karma will turn around soon. In the meantime, just don't think about it. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind The Scenes: IDW Comic-Con Exclusives
How to Draw Frankenstein Doctor
How to Draw Final Fantasy Characters
How to Draw Tails
How to Draw Fairy Tail Lucy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...