A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junker Jane Style Doll Swap, sign ups CLOSED; send by Jan 18  (Read 63955 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #320 on: December 26, 2012 07:49:42 AM »

Just checking in...still plotting...got my craft room as clean as it is going to get...I like a clean room before making another mess! Cheesy  In between, I am making new curtains for the room and will be painting the woodwork...a little paint on the doll will make it more authentic, right? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onthinice
« Reply #321 on: December 26, 2012 08:30:27 AM »

I still have guests at my house, but I plan on hauling out my fabrics today and see what will work with my design.  I have credit at a local scrapbook store that I need to redeem, so I might head down there today and see what kind of distressing inks they have.  I showed my mother pictures of Junker Jane dolls - she's not impressed, ha ha!  She's pretty traditional with her tastes, so a misshapen, dirty rag doll is not her thing.  It's a good thing I don't have to be her clone  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
gotgrey

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #322 on: December 26, 2012 09:25:12 AM »

I've almost finished one of Sue's critters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #323 on: December 26, 2012 09:46:33 AM »

onthinice--you should be glad that most people "don't get" stuff you make... Cheesy  I know I am... Cheesy

These dolls are way "cuter" than what I normally do, but they make me happy...I might have found a style I like that is more positive energy for 2013! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #324 on: December 26, 2012 10:03:26 AM »

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! We did, My husband gave me a new sewing machine Yeah!!!!!!!!  My Mothers that I have been using is going on it's last legs. So It'll be fun to experiment with all the new stitches on the new machine. I'm going to start on the JJ doll today a little later. I have a lady coming to get a perm so I have to clean some & get ready for her.
But I'm very excited to get started. I have her pretty much all thought out & drew a pattern & even the extra I know what to do!!

Have a great Day everyone!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
gotgrey

You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #325 on: December 26, 2012 01:45:38 PM »

I finished Sue's largest critter.  Almost finished w/the smaller critter.  Not realy crazy w/the smaller critter, but, I know Sue will like it.  I LOVE the big critter, I almost don't want to send it to her.  Smiley  But, I will.  I tried something new today.  Cinnamon, yes, cinnamon.  Worked beautifully for me.   Grin  Must stick to my mantra: "Must not be perfect, must not be perfect, must not be perfect!"   Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smmarrt

« Reply #326 on: December 26, 2012 02:26:08 PM »

Yay! I'm home from the family festivities and all my stuff is here waiting for me so I will start grouping some piles of fabric together and see what speaks to me.

Happy sewing everybody!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #327 on: December 26, 2012 03:24:36 PM »

Hope everyone had a great Christmas! We did, My husband gave me a new sewing machine Yeah!!!!!!!!  My Mothers that I have been using is going on it's last legs. So It'll be fun to experiment with all the new stitches on the new machine. I'm going to start on the JJ doll today a little later. I have a lady coming to get a perm so I have to clean some & get ready for her.
But I'm very excited to get started. I have her pretty much all thought out & drew a pattern & even the extra I know what to do!!

Have a great Day everyone!!! Grin

Oh wow Sharalee are you a hairdresser??? That is so coll. I used to do hairdressing until I built up an allergy to the products Sad
I finished Sue's largest critter.  Almost finished w/the smaller critter.  Not realy crazy w/the smaller critter, but, I know Sue will like it.  I LOVE the big critter, I almost don't want to send it to her.  Smiley  But, I will.  I tried something new today.  Cinnamon, yes, cinnamon.  Worked beautifully for me.   Grin  Must stick to my mantra: "Must not be perfect, must not be perfect, must not be perfect!"   Tongue

Wow you are on fire!!!!

Well I am still hand sewing away. It is taking longer then anticipated because I have been working Chriatmas eve, Christmas day and boxing day. Oh and today. But I have been sewing on the train and at work Smiley

Going to pick up supplies for Loveslutters smaller items. Hopefully I can find them!! It takes too long ordering on line. I am going to get back to sewing.

Have a good day Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #328 on: December 26, 2012 04:05:01 PM »

"bambam91"
Oh wow Sharalee are you a hairdresser??? That is so coll. I used to do hairdressing until I built up an allergy to the products :

Yes I am a HairStylist I work for JCPennys for 12 yrs. & now I have my own Salon in my home. I have some allergies but not bad enought to quit. That's to bad you had to quit. I still love doing hair!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #329 on: December 26, 2012 04:26:39 PM »

Yeah. I do a few family & friends at home. And help the hairdresser out that does my hair for weddings and formals. But I get really bad demertitis. It is not very nice.

I would love to do hair in Draculas or somewhere like thay. But for now I work for an insurance company. As a dispute resoloution officer. Nowhere nearly as fun as hairdressing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Henna Your Hair
How to Have Great Post-Workout Hair
How to Have Great Beach Hair
How to Choose Hair Color
How to Choose the Best Hairstyles for an Oval Face
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...