A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,051
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junker Jane Style Doll Swap, sign ups CLOSED; send by Jan 18  (Read 57519 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

puamelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A NEW day, a NEW doll... another poppet!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: December 19, 2012 11:49:12 AM »

Sounds like I'm not the only one trying to get some things out of the way before getting into this swap fully. Wink
I'M OFF TODAY!!!! Yay! Taking the kids to the mall then crafting away their nap time and the later part of this evening. And then I have to wait till Friday before another day off. That's the good thing about these long shifts - long days off.
I did another sketch this a.m. and am considering another option for your doll Noodle-bug. We'll see what happens!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay for summer break = swapping fun!

Poppet vs Ami - crafting
Kids Craft and Swap Round 7, x2 - sent! 1 received, 1 waiting
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2012 12:03:48 PM »

Someday I am going to make a poppet...I love the faces!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 101/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

I Love Craftster Swaps!

« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2012 12:36:48 PM »

Just began the first coats of paint on the dolls (practice doll and "real" doll)...the doll have been sewn, stuffed, partially assembled, gesso-ed, sanded, and now, painted...but there is still a LONG way to go.

I also started sewing a piece of clothing for the real doll  Smiley i really wanna drop everything in my life right now and work on these dolls non-stop but, alas, that cannot be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2012 12:39:55 PM »

Epic fail on my returning home plan.  I left one of my not optional meds at my folks, didn't figure it out till I was an hour and 1/2 into the drive.  So an hour and 1/2 back and it has started to snow here.  The west coast storm is coming in tonight, so it looks like I won't get to go home till Friday...sigh.  Plenty of time however to rectify not talking to gotgrey yet...off to post now Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2012 12:51:05 PM »

I'm itching to get started, I put the last few stitches in a doll I was making for my Mum today and my hands are bored now  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Bunnie Boo
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2012 03:31:05 PM »

Why must life get in the way all the time?  Cry Anyhoo I have stalked my partner and have formed some nefarious ideas! I need to find the perfect fabric...this may or may not involve some quality shopping at the local fabric shops! But shhh don't tell anyone (especially the fiance!)  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I am willing to do personal swaps~

~I love MoNsTeRs!!!~
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2012 03:54:14 PM »

BB91, you need to show Ian a poppet. They don't have mouths but they look cute too. As far as progress, I use my days off the craft, so Friday and Saturday. No sketches. I have pics of my inspiration. It will come together like it is intended and based on my abilities. I do feel that I can pull this off.

I showed Ian the poppets and he thinks they are creepy too!!!! I love creeping him out.

My mum said she would give me vouchers so I can get a sewing machine for Christmas/21st Bday. As long as I make her one of my rag dolls.
So I was thinking of making her a poppet. I would not know how to make hers look since I have not seen her in 3 years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
gotgrey
You are, which ever beast you choose to feed

Right and wrong are just words, it's what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #257 on: December 19, 2012 06:50:52 PM »

I have to go buy some_'s, then I will have everything I need to start my_'s.  I love_'s.  Suereal and I have been in contact today.  I didn't contact her, because I read her questionnaire, and knew what I had planned for her would work.  I didn't have any ?'s.  Sorry about that Suereal.  My bad. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rosie1981

Wanderlust.....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: December 19, 2012 06:53:37 PM »

I have a few doodles but I like creating as I go.  I've started collecting fabric bits and whatnots so I'm excited to start this swap.  I'm even more excited that I have two weeks off of work and my little one will have daycare for one week of it!!!  I love my little monster but mommy needs a time out  Grin a crafty time out! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #259 on: December 19, 2012 06:59:50 PM »

I have to go buy some_'s, then I will have everything I need to start my_'s.  I love_'s.  Suereal and I have been in contact today.  I didn't contact her, because I read her questionnaire, and knew what I had planned for her would work.  I didn't have any ?'s.  Sorry about that Suereal.  My bad. 

No worries GG.  I did the same thing you did Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
From Fandom to Obsession: The Cult Following of Bob Dylan
Horse Saves Troubled Teen
Interview with ‘Words and Pictures’ Star Bruce Davison
Chelsea Cain Introduces Her Blockbuster New Series
Arun Gandhi, Bethany Hegedus, and Evan Turk on Grandfather Gandhi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...