A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,120
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junker Jane Style Doll Swap, sign ups CLOSED; send by Jan 18  (Read 63756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2012 03:33:16 PM »

Two days with no internet! I did manage to live...but just  Grin.  My folks thought I was a bit obcom checking the hook up every 1/2 hour, but what cha gunna do?  It's not like there is an alarm that says "THE INTERNET IS BACK!"....anyway...

Thanks for the "font of knowledge" comment Grin.  I mostly think I have a knack for remembering useless stuff (like I can tell you all you might want to know about Vampire Squids, but I can't remember my phone number *sigh*), so it is nice when it turns out to be useful somewhere Grin

Since I didn't have internet, I couldn't check the pass conditions so I had to put my faith on the good old weather news, and canceled my drive home for today and will be going back to Canada tomorrow.  Car packed, dogs freeking out, and I'm ready for a looong drive....with out darling parents thinking of things for me to do every second of the day Grin

I have several ideas for gotgrey's small and 2 ideas for the doll.  I'm excited about one of the ideas for small, as I just bought the ____ that I would need to make it, and I have wanted to make one for awhile but have not had a good excuse.  I will have to do some research to get it right, but I am rather sure it will work.  The other small ideas are things that I have done before but they are super fun to make for me, so I might end up going there....just so I don't get too frustrated.  I need to do some fun stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a brake from craftsters. 
I will finish the swaps I'm in...promise Grin
suereal

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2012 03:37:09 PM »

And on the self sewing dolls...the one that popped into my head had an extreme look of pain on her face, tears rolling down her cheeks and was gasping and muttering "Oweey!  Owweeeyyy! Owwwweeeyy!" with every stitch.  I think I will not make my critter work on his or her fine self.  I'll just have to do all the work alone Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm taking a brake from craftsters. 
I will finish the swaps I'm in...promise Grin
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2012 07:30:13 PM »

And on the self sewing dolls...the one that popped into my head had an extreme look of pain on her face, tears rolling down her cheeks and was gasping and muttering "Oweey!  Owweeeyyy! Owwwweeeyy!" with every stitch.  I think I will not make my critter work on his or her fine self.  I'll just have to do all the work alone Grin

Poor dolly, lol Smiley

I have a face!!!!!!!! Wooottttt!!!!!

And like 7 arms/legs. Can not decide which ones I think suit better.

Lovesclutter may end up with a doll with mix 'n' match items!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2012 08:34:36 PM »

LOL That's funny. I did some research today to try to get the 'head' like I want it. The body won't be that difficult.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
puamelia

Oh poppet, how you thwart me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2012 10:20:35 PM »

Loving the creative juices here... What imaginations! I am a bit jealous, having just got off a 13 hour shift and too tired to craft. I'm off tomorrow, but that will be craft time for my swap angel commitment. And Christmas shopping. I did some stalking during my lunch break tho!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singing the Back to School Blues

Poppet vs Ami - Received, Sent
bambam91
The rogue Queen

Where is my mind?? Probably listening to hip hop :

« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2012 11:52:56 PM »

Ian was sending me picture messages of him and the arms and the face.

He asked what I was doing so I sent him a few Junker Jane pictures.

Ian has now added a mouth to my face because he believes they look scary without one.

Lol, men.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently inactive, due to being hit by a car. I will be back on once I am healed
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2012 07:04:29 AM »

I love how active this thread is!  I love hearing how everyone is progressing.  I started working on my other swap (prayer flags) this morning, so I won't start crafting for this until those are done.

Reminder:  Communication is important!  If you haven't contacted your partner yet, please do so; and remember to post in this thread at least once a week.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
lovesclutter

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2012 07:34:26 AM »

BB91, you need to show Ian a poppet. They don't have mouths but they look cute too. As far as progress, I use my days off the craft, so Friday and Saturday. No sketches. I have pics of my inspiration. It will come together like it is intended and based on my abilities. I do feel that I can pull this off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
meowari

« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2012 07:49:25 AM »

I so want in for round 2! Your excitement is so contagious!
And I just got back from the Dr. & my carpal tunnel isn't as bad as the doctor thought and I don't have to have surgery!!!! I have a physical therapy appt scheduled for Jan. 03, so I figure by round 2, my hands should be (fingers crossed) at least good enough to get back to smallish hand-sewn projects!
I think I'm as excited about this swap as you guys are! I can't wait for the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onthinice
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2012 11:35:43 AM »

I just got Leslieshappyheart's message about needing to post here at least once a week - oops!  I have been in contact with my partner several times.  I have taken copious notes on what I might make make for her, both for the doll and for the extra item.  However, currently I am working on my white elephant gift for this Saturday.  What can I say, I must finish two sets of nipple pasties for the weekend, so I can see who will be shocked at the party  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Makeup Tips from the Lash Lounge
Skincare Tips from Dermatologist Debra Jaliman, MD.
Em Cosmetics by Michelle Phan Review
When to Flush Your Brush
Hydrating Facial at Burke Williams Spa
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...