A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,174
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 62
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Junker Jane Style Doll Swap, sign ups CLOSED; send by Jan 18  (Read 57952 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

noodle-bug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

equal parts love and evil laughter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2012 03:28:34 PM »

I kind of like that the JJ dolls look broken or worn down - I don't think it's creepy or such, just gives them real personality. that's what I'd be aiming for
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Sharalee

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2012 03:55:55 PM »

Happy birthday "CMB"!! We have the same Birthday Month!

"gigglygirl" your jj doll is so cute & not creepy just well loved. Love her eyes. Great Job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/partners
"Poppet vs. Ami Swap"/partners
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/partner

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Pa
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2012 05:05:55 PM »

I kind of like that the JJ dolls look broken or worn down - I don't think it's creepy or such, just gives them real personality. that's what I'd be aiming for

Yep--this is what I like as well! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2012 05:22:11 PM »

Hoorah! Just received confirmation that my questionnaire was received! Looking forward to crafting with you all! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

I Love Craftster Swaps!

« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2012 06:27:22 AM »

one of my goals for making  JJ-style doll is to achieve the visual harmony that her dolls have (within my partner's preferencese)...meaning, as I study images of her work, i see that, far from being a random collection of scraps and things, each of her pieces is harmonious and COHESIVE in a strong way...controlled chaos...as a mixed media artist, i love the challenge of incorporating many different elements without making it look like something made out of a random handful of crap from a craft box. no easy task. i am thinking that tea staining several disparate fabrics to make them harmonious would work, working within a certain palette, repeating a motif...my goal is cohesiveness and balance of design elements.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2012 07:20:53 AM »

one of my goals for making  JJ-style doll is to achieve the visual harmony that her dolls have (within my partner's preferencese)...meaning, as I study images of her work, i see that, far from being a random collection of scraps and things, each of her pieces is harmonious and COHESIVE in a strong way...controlled chaos...as a mixed media artist, i love the challenge of incorporating many different elements without making it look like something made out of a random handful of crap from a craft box. no easy task. i am thinking that tea staining several disparate fabrics to make them harmonious would work, working within a certain palette, repeating a motif...my goal is cohesiveness and balance of design elements.

What she said!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
onthinice
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2012 07:37:47 AM »

I'm beginning to feel like a small-time crafter in a group of mixed media artists.  Y'all are talking about cohesive design elements and organizing your scrap stash.  I haven't pulled out the first piece of fabric for this, but I know where my jar of instant coffee is.

I have been busy working on making fabric bags of a desiccant for drying out my sweaty workout gear, ha ha!  Yeah, I'm a standout crafter  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
Into fictional letter writing? PM me. We need more characters. What am I talking about? Read about it at Dante's Wardrobe.
susanab
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2012 07:59:28 AM »

gigglygirl--wow that that's your first time handpainting a face--you did an awesome job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my photo blog:
nysnaps.blogspot.com
WingsOfClay
Tutorial Contributor

I Love Craftster Swaps!

« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2012 08:33:13 AM »

I'm beginning to feel like a small-time crafter in a group of mixed media artists.  Y'all are talking about cohesive design elements and organizing your scrap stash.  I haven't pulled out the first piece of fabric for this, but I know where my jar of instant coffee is.

don't feel that way at all!!! tho i am no stranger to mixed media, this will be my FIRST sewn doll ever (well, i made my Nana a scrap doll when i was 6 years old, but my mom helped! and i have crocheted some amigurumi)....we are all in the same boat--trying to push our own boundaries and make something new and differerent Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Make it, thrift it, mend it, or make-do without it!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2012 08:59:51 AM »

I agree about what you said, wingsofclay...some of the mixed media stuff that I have seen lately looks a bit like the person felt obligated to use one of each thing in her arsenal of supplies...sort of like Victorian excess...which is fine, if that is what you love, but I prefer a more controlled "chaos" as well...plus, I like the basics of balance, focal points, cohesion, etc.  It is how I was trained and what I like the best...

I think each of us has to reach inside and improve our techniques and skills while still doing what we feel in our hearts...

There is no right or wrong to art...just personal goals and perceptions...

I personally, am aiming for 2013 to be more calming and simplified...instead of a peacock, I want to be a grouse... Cheesy
Both perfect but in different ways and with different effects...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 62 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Traditional Buttermilk Beignets
Caramel Filled Chocolate Easter Cupcake Recipe
Passover Macaroons Recipe
Creme Egg Brownie Recipe
Anzac Biscuit Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...