A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you favourite new craft tools - or craft tools in general???  (Read 1664 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 01, 2012 10:01:09 PM »

I was just going through my Christmas list, since DH and the in laws like for me to make a list to help guide them, and thinking of some of things I want, and the things I love, and wondering what tools others love.

One of my favourite new tools is an articulated ruler, which makes it easy to measure lengths for something like bracelets.  I saw it as I was whipping through a craft show at the end of the day and grabbed one, it cost me like $3 and I am thinking I would like a couple more to give to other friends, and to have an extra or two to throw into my travel work cases - they would even be handy at work.

http://www.michaels.com/Folding-Ruler/bd1304,default,pd.html

Mine is a different brand, but it is essentially the same thing.

I am also in love with the Vintaj metal cutters - they are smaller and slimmer than the big tin snips you get at hardware stores, so I find that they are better at smaller cuts, and fit my hand better - my hands are ridiculously short and stubby, and I find that they get sore and achy now, when handling large awkward tools.

http://vintaj.com/products/proddsp.asp?which=V-319PC

Most of all though, I am in love with the new (to me) oak table in my craft room - it is thick, and heavy, and huge - probably about 5 feet long or so, and 3 feet wide, with two very deep drawers in it.  It was an old piece that my best friend's mom inherited and she used as a kitchen work table.  She was saving it for one of her non-bio kids (like me) to take when they got their own place.  So I took her up on her offer - it was too big as a dining table for us, but when DH let me have our old bedroom for the craft room, I called her ASAP to see if the offer was still up.  It is great as a sewing table, and can handle the smacking from when I am pounding metal with a hammer on the bench block, and so many other things.

As for all around loves - I love my nylon jawed pliers - they seem to smooth out any mistakes made with wire.  I am also in love with my die cutting machines - I have used them so much this past year for so many projects - embossing metal, embossing leather, die cutting aluminum cans, making cards, cutting and embossing materials to make mini books - love my Cuttlebug!

So what are your favourite tools, and favourite newest tools?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012 10:08:33 AM »

Ooooo! Folding ruler! I'm adding that to my wish list.

I LOVE my Addi turbo clicks and I'm thinking of giving myself the lace set for my birthday Smiley. I use my rotary cutters constantly. I need more so that I can start assigning some to paper and some to fabric duties Smiley. I'm asking for a few different craft books this year too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012 03:40:37 PM »

I am totally in love with my Addi set too - I was incredibly disappointed last week when DH took me to a new (to me) yarn store so I could use a GC his brother got me, and they were out of the lace tips - I wanted a set of those too.  However, stupid me, I could have picked up some extra cables. 

Have you seen the Namaste buddy cases?  I asked for a couple of those because they look like awesome portable supply cases for knitting, crochet, beading, embroidery, etc.  I am really hoping I get a couple in the super pretty colours they have! 

http://www.namasteinc.com/products/accessories/accessories_all.php
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012 03:48:07 PM »

Oh my gosh!! I must have that circular case! Such pretty colors. And how cute are these... http://www.namasteinc.com/includes/products/accessories/cozy/pop_cozy_photos.php ?? I need 100 of them Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Onyxnox

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012 12:53:10 PM »

LOL - I missed those - I wonder if they are too late to add to my list?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my pinterest~
Blacksmith
Doing stuff and saving the world

Overlook near Brown Mountain

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013 12:21:01 PM »

My anvils and my lathes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy.-Oscar Wilde

Available for personal swaps, send me a PM. I make crafty tools!
Listessa

Summertime Slacker Crafter

Buried in Beads!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013 01:48:27 AM »

My most favorite thing for beading on the go, is actually the hard case a set of Gear Wrench brand ratcheting nut drivers came in.  It is just big enough to hold all of my supplies, plus a little batter operated LED Ott Light (another favorite!). 

I'm also having a beadgasm over the little tiny funnels for taming seed beads.  Nary a spill was had even while cutting one string free from a hank to work with over vacation.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking to de-stash cross stitch magazines, particularly Cross Stitch Gold or New Stitches?  Please drop me a line!  I'd love to swap or buy some missing from my library!
robylwood
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013 01:27:41 PM »

Mine isn't really a tool but I LOVE the new glass paints from Martha Stewart.  No more hand washing - hand painted glasses anymore!  THese make them dishwasher safe, its quick drying , easy to cure and people love the fact that they no longer have to hand wash all the hand painted glasses. !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady4feet
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013 06:27:29 PM »

Mine isn't really a tool but I LOVE the new glass paints from Martha Stewart.  No more hand washing - hand painted glasses anymore!  THese make them dishwasher safe, its quick drying , easy to cure and people love the fact that they no longer have to hand wash all the hand painted glasses. !!

I am going to have to check these out, I have a glass I want to make for Christmas.

I haven't gotten a new tool in a long time after I sat and thought about it, lot's of supplies though  Cheesy Other then my sewing machine I think my favorite tool is my crop-a-dile. I have the big one and I've used it on so many projects. It works great for punching holes in bottle caps. I got it on clearance for $10, best $10 I ever spent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leopardstripes

The other one has bells on it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013 07:05:07 PM »

Just got this: http://www.amazon.com/Euro-Metal-Punch-Pliers-1-8mm/dp/B003JD9VX2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377828033&sr=8-1&keywords=metal+punch and this http://www.amazon.com/6-Step-Multi-Looping-Jewelry-Pliers/dp/B003Y0613I/ref=sr_1_3?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1377828063&sr=1-3&keywords=stepped+pliers, and love 'em both! It's funny, because I've done things the "hard way" with my wirework forever, but these two tools just tickle me, for their ease of use! No more broken drill bits, and easy consistent loops. Wish I'd gotten 'em years ago.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I can't seem to stay with one guru long enough to get enlightened." -from the Life and Letters of Tofu Roshi
WitchyPuOnline
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014 09:20:56 PM »

I haven't gotten any new tools lately,but I do love my crochet hooks, gule gun, and self threading hand sewing needles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beware the "crafter" after midnight!

Swaps
OTST:Done
LV:current
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrity Street Styles: Jay Z, Jessica Alba and Heidi Klum
Save Love Give Campaign - Vera Launch at the United Nations
"The Rachael Ray Show": Twin Mother Makeovers
Best Dressed Stars: J Lo, Michelle Obama and Jessica Alba
How to Perfect Your Après-Ski Style
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...