I'm not in this round, but last round I know I tried to claim from some of the least claimed but had a hard time finding things I could craft.
Some hints that would make me claim more:
- Help with colours. Either a couple of favourite colours in the intro post or an inspirational board with colours and visual things you like. I often craft from stash, and it helps to know if the colour options I have on hand are suitable.
- Use the comment section. Or at least change any preferences from the one you pinned it from. I've noticed some just pin without changing, and it's confusing to find stuff I've pinned with my original comments about colour preferences or who I want to make it for. I don't know if any of you do this. It's just something I've noted when I get pinned from. It helps to know if I can trust the comments or if they're just made by some random stranger down the line.
- I like having more than one board to look at. I tend to get overwhelmed if there's just one "stuff I want"-board with hundreds of pins. I have seen interesting things on the "cover" of a board, only to not be able to find it in the massive amount of pins inside...
- Think about the sizes of pinned items. Some crafts are time intensive. For example, if you have a board of knitted items and you actually want knitted items you should try to add some small and medium items too. And not just in size. A hat made in chunky yarn could be a medium for me, but a hat in thinner yarn and finer gauge could well take me a month to create... If all you're pinning are sweaters, blankets and dainty lace I'll have a hard time claiming you
Love knitting lace, but unless it's a bookmark or bracelet or something I will not have time to make it for this swap.
- Same goes for crochet. It's often a bit quicker than knitting, but still time intensive.
- Pin many small things! It's nice to be able to make a couple of things, or one little thing + supplies.
- Look at the ones getting claimed. How are their boards organised, and what types of items are getting claimed?
- Pin stuff people receive in this swap if you like it! It's obviously small enough to make...