A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 305,027
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: December 2012 Ongoing Pinterest D&G  (Read 10570 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2012 12:21:09 AM »

I'm not in this round, but last round I know I tried to claim from some of the least claimed but had a hard time finding things I could craft.

Some hints that would make me claim more:
- Help with colours. Either a couple of favourite colours in the intro post or an inspirational board with colours and visual things  you like. I often craft from stash, and it helps to know if the colour options I have on hand are suitable.

- Use the comment section. Or at least change any preferences from the one you pinned it from. I've noticed some just pin without changing, and it's confusing to find stuff I've pinned with my original comments about colour preferences or who I want to make it for. I don't know if any of you do this. It's just something I've noted when I get pinned from. It helps to know if I can trust the comments or if they're just made by some random stranger down the line.

- I like having more than one board to look at. I tend to get overwhelmed if there's just one "stuff I want"-board with hundreds of pins. I have seen interesting things on the "cover" of a board, only to not be able to find it in the massive amount of pins inside...

- Think about the sizes of pinned items. Some crafts are time intensive. For example, if you have a board of knitted items and you actually want knitted items you should try to add some small and medium items too. And not just in size. A hat made in chunky yarn could be a medium for me, but a hat in thinner yarn and finer gauge could well take me a month to create... If all you're pinning are sweaters, blankets and dainty lace I'll have a hard time claiming you Wink Love knitting lace, but unless it's a bookmark or bracelet or something I will not have time to make it for this swap.

- Same goes for crochet. It's often a bit quicker than knitting, but still time intensive.

- Pin many small things! It's nice to be able to make a couple of things, or one little thing + supplies.

- Look at the ones getting claimed. How are their boards organised, and what types of items are getting claimed?

- Pin stuff people receive in this swap if you like it! It's obviously small enough to make...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012 12:25:23 AM by Annchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dessadoll
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2012 02:47:24 PM »

I got my beautiful cards from gala_apples yesterday.  They came super duper fast! 

I can't even pick a favorite card!

Aren't they cute!?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AuntieKar

Inspired by those around me

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2012 03:28:11 PM »

Oh, I think those are something I am going to sit and create with my niece and stepson this weekend!  Maybe giddiup will find one tucked in her package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craziness and Craftiness are synonymous, right?!

http://www.pinterest.com/mrshoss
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2012 07:33:15 PM »

Thanks Annchen for your thoughts on that. That was very informative and helpful. You mind if I quote it for future reference like in later swaps?

And woah, those cards are sweet!

And I'm leaving tomorrow and will be gone for a week. I'll be online and updating but maybe not every day. We'll see how it goes. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2012 08:09:38 AM »

Sure, quote away Smiley And neat cards! They are really fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThatsWhatSheSaid
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2012 10:30:03 AM »

Received two awesome items this week! Prepare to hit that pinning button!

Ma Rut sent me an awesome hoop that I had been lusting after. It is absolutely perfect and hilarious in every way.

Giddyup22 sent me a 30 Rock inspired pillow sham that I'd also been lusting hard over. I'm so excited to put this on my couch! It's awesome

Thank you both so much! You've made my holidays! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Giddiup222
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2012 08:16:21 AM »

I'm happy you liked it thatswhatshesaid!  Marut and dessadoll, the embroideries are so beautiful!
Auntiekar- I can't wait! Thanks for thinking of me when something inspires you! Smiley
Well, both of my claims have been received. I still haven't heard from the november swap if those claim were received. Hopefully they all arived safely.
I might claim more this round. I need to finish up making presents for Christmas and hopefully I'll be done in time.
And thanks annchen for the sugestions. I'll try to remember those when posting in the bio next time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2012 02:02:15 PM »

I'm glad you liked the hoop! Here's another pic of it, because I'm a dork Grin haha

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2012 02:34:48 PM »

Seems that my pinterest is hard to pick from,  so I've added a few more items to my boards.

There are quite a few quick and easy crafted items ideas, including
- doily envelopes
- burlap table runner
- crocheted coasters
- crocheted earrings
- lace bowl

And some of the low cost supply items include
- greeting card blanks in white, red or kraft
- double sided stick tape
- paper doilies
- white ink pad

Hope this helps

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dessadoll
« Reply #39 on: December 25, 2012 06:41:57 PM »

Wendy I can totally claim something from you now!  As soon as someone receives one of my packages.  Cheesy

In fact Velvet Rose, I now have a package ready for you as soon as I am allowed to send!  Grin
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012 06:42:20 AM by dessadoll » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pat Mitchell: The Audacity to Take Risk
Pat Mitchell: Everyone Needs a Rabbi
Pat Mitchell: One Woman Per Station
Pat Mitchell: The Elitist Conversation
Pat Mitchell: Falling Forward
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...