A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: December 2012 Ongoing Pinterest D&G  (Read 9767 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012 07:11:49 AM »

And we're still making new friends! Welcome everyone!

Now I'm thinking even stronger about joining this month, reading through all your bios. There are actually things I like to make stated on your bios! Maybe I'll be a late joiner this round. Never can pass up carving stamps (even though I don't stamp much myself) and hoops are sometimes good to get me out of crafty slumps, too. Alas, right now I must away and craft for Christmas some more. But like I said, maybe I'll join you all after the big holiday?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
AuntieKar

Inspired by those around me

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012 10:51:55 AM »

Oh, I caved and joined too!  Jexxi, your stamps are one of the reasons I joined craftster....they were pinned on someone's boards....I would never turn one down!  Plus, I love seeing what people come up with!  I think I will have to find some simple things....maybe someone has something that I'm already going to have to do.....hmmm.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craziness and Craftiness are synonymous, right?!

http://www.pinterest.com/mrshoss
szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

ohhh shiny pretty happy things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012 09:46:48 PM »

I was sitting here being very sad about the happenings in the world today and came to craftster to make my head stop aching. I realized that I had not posted anything in the Dec Pinterest board. I keep adding stuff to the November but I guess I got confused. I am just finishing up with dance recital costumes and the final preparations are finished for 1st grade holiday party. So now to finish up some Christmas presents and claim some Pinterest folks. I promise I have not forgot you and have even started the preparations for your items. I just want to have as much time as possible. So I will be claiming on Tuesday and I haven't been flaking just super busy!!! Prayers to all affected by the shootings today!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want something bad enough the entire universe will conspire to help you get it.
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012 07:37:03 AM »

I used Craftster as a haven yesterday as well.  I spent so much time crying yesterday, and I don't even personally know anyone affected by this horror.  I can't even imagine how it must be to wake up this morning and have to realize all over again that your child was brutally taken from you.  It just makes me hurt, but it certainly makes me appreciate my family that much more.  To all those affected, my thoughts and prayers are with you, my heart is broken for you.  And I'm grateful for this Craftster community that allows us to connect and support each other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AuntieKar

Inspired by those around me

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012 09:57:14 AM »

I hugged as many of my kiddos as I could when they got to our center yesterday!   I was just aching inside thinking about how this could've been any of them....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craziness and Craftiness are synonymous, right?!

http://www.pinterest.com/mrshoss
lindyv321

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2012 08:52:04 AM »

I am horrified beyond words about what occurred last week in CT..... Check out www.facebook.com/26acts...

I am thinking I shouldn't have joined this swap this month.  I thought I was all good to go with all the holiday stuff but alas I was not...not to mention my daughters birthday is tomorrow and the party is Saturday...I am hoping to find some time to sit at the sewing machine early Saturday morning so I can get the package out that day.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012 02:20:45 PM »

I received from dessadoll!

Check out this lovely bird embroidery and super detailed embroidered needlebook!  Grin Kiss The needlebook even has pockets on the inside, how cool!

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012 04:08:57 PM »

That needlebook is gorgeous. The embroidery is so intricate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
jexxican

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012 04:33:22 PM »

Dessadoll sure has been pumping out some really nice stitchery for this swap lately. We are lucky to have her Wink

Also: make sure to message me when you receive! Posting in here is not enough. While I do technically see everything in here, it doesn't always register that I need to make changes in the claims board if I don't get a PM.

Another also: it has come to my attention that some people are being claimed a lot while others are not being claimed it all. Someone has suggested that we put a cap on how many times one person can be claimed while other people aren't claimed at all but I really don't like that idea as it sounds like way too much work for me. Here's what I suggest: when you're looking for someone to claim, start with those who haven't been claimed yet. If you're not getting claimed then, like it says in the sign up thread, check your Pinterest. Are there enough items that can be crafted? Are there enough different mediums? Are your boards organized in a manner that is conducive to inspiring people to craft off of them?

Comments? Concerns? Talk to me, ladies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
dessadoll
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012 09:10:24 PM »

Thanks again for the compliment jexxican!!

As for claiming, I feel royally spoiled!  I have someone I want to claim that hasn't been claimed but I had to wait for the bloody postal service to get a package delivered before I could claim.  There are some individuals that have boards that are nearly impossible to claim from.  Either very brand specific, or very few items to pick from, this makes it extremely hard to claim them.  I wish it wasn't that way, I would try and claim something for everyone.  Not sure if that helped or not, but that's my reasoning.  Can we increase the numbers of packages we can send out once we send you confirmation of mailing?  Like email you a receipt then claim again?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Film History Biography of Werner Herzog
Film History Biography of Kathryn Bigelow
Film History Biography of Ray Harryhausen
Film History Biography of Ron Mann
Film History Biography of Sam Raimi
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...