A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
558 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: December Ongoing Pinterest Swap  (Read 4166 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 01, 2012 12:35:19 PM »

Swap name: December 2012 Ongoing Pinterest Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Jexxican
Co-Organiser: ?
Sign-up date range: 1 December 2012 to 31 December 2012
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after claim
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? NO

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is a Pinterest swap, meaning that your fellow Craftsters will claim you for something you have pinned on your Pinterest site.  If you don't have a Pinterest but are interested, go here www.pinterest.com to request one or PM the organizer your email address to request an invite.

If you are late in the October swap, please do not sign up until you send. You will not be accepted. If you still have outstanding claims in the November swap, however, you can still join as long as you are not already late in sending.

Also please note that this swap requires that you communicate with your partner and the organizer.  Please send a PM when you claim, when you send, and when you receive.  People who consistently fail to communicate will be asked to take a break from the Pinterest swap and maybe try again in two months.

Please do not post in the thread until you have been approved by the organizer. This thread is for lists only. Only post once. If you need to change/add something, simply "Modify" your post. The discussion/gallery thread is located here. Post as soon as possible after signing up so we know you have found the thread and that you are getting updates.

FAQ: Please READ

How does this swap work?
You may choose from anyone's Pinterest board once they have posted a link and bio in this thread.  This is not a chain list swap; its more of a free for all swap.  However, when possible it is nice to claim from those who haven't been claimed or who have claimed more than they have been claimed for. You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your item on its way to the lucky recipient.  Remember to PM the organizer and the recipient when you claim, send, and receive. Please include the swap name and month in your subject line! Please make sure to tell me who you are claiming, sending to, or receiving from. You may have up to 2 outstanding (not received) claims. If you are FOC you may have up to 3 outstanding claims.  Everyone MUST make at least one claim.

What should my bio and link look like?
Once you have been approved, you may post in the list thread.  There is no one way to do this but please be sure your bio includes the following:
         - your location and a brief bio (include allergies in red please)
         - your Pinterest link
         - list of boards that are to be used for this swap, or simply say something like "all my boards are game"
         - whether you are okay with supply claims

What do I need to send?
This swap is for either one medium or 2-3 small items for each claim.  A medium item is one that takes 2 or more hours, $10 - $30, some examples are a single necklace or bracelet or a scarf.  A small item is one that takes 2 or less hours, $10 or less, some examples are earrings/wallets/pouches/bookmarks.

How do the organizers ensure that claims are even?
We don't. But we do try.  One way is that we highlight your name when you have claimed more times than you have been claimed.  We ask that people claim from those that haven't been claimed yet or who have claimed more often than they have been claimed, but there is no guarantee that if you send 5 times that you will receive 5 items.  In fact, theoretically it is quite possible to not get claimed at all.  If this is a major concern for you and you know you would miserable if things were not always even, this may not be the swap for you.  However, I will say that for the most part this is not a big problem in this swap so far.  

How closely does the item I send need to resemble the item pinned?
It depends on who you are claiming.  Read the bios carefully.  Read the pins carefully.  Some of us pin items for inspiration and are fine with items that are simply inspired by our pins.  Others would like the item to look as close to the pin as possible.

What happens if I am flaked on?
If you are flaked on, you will only receive an angel for as many packages as you have sent.  If you were claimed for 3 packages and you sent 2 packages and one package was flaked on - you will not receive a swap angel.

What do I do if I'm not being claimed?
If you are not being claimed, it might be time to consider your pins.  Do you have enough variety?  Are there enough small and medium items?  Do you have items pinned that require a variety of crafty mediums (ex: knitting, crocheting, sewing, beading, embroidery, etc...)?  Are your pins realistically craftable?  You should shoot for at least 20-30 pins (this includes only those pins you want to be claimed); maybe more if most of your items are on the large side or primarily in one crafty medium.  We have some talented folks on here... but not everyone can do all crafts.  If you find you aren't being claimed...try adding more pins.

I hear a rumor that there is a giveaway; is this true?
YES!  It is true.  Each month, there is a giveaway.  You get one entry into the random drawing for each claim you make.  At the end of the month, we'll use a random number generator and that lucky person will receive a crafted item or crafty supply.  We cannot tell you what the item might be upfront because we like to cater it to the winner's interests and needs.  Also randomly but not necessarily every month, there might be additional giveaways so make sure to stay up to date on the discussion thread so you don't miss out!

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND THE FOLLOWING INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE:

QUESTIONNAIRE:
Name of swap: December 2012 Pinterest
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
Your Pinterest link:  

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012 12:37:51 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012 12:46:05 PM »

Discussion and Gallery

Swappers Name links to Bio
Bold and Blue = give love = claiming more than claimed
(w) swapper x/y/z
w = times claimed, x = claims made, y = claims in transit to recipients, z = claims received by recipient
(2) Thatswhatshesaid 1/0/1
(2) Ma Rut 2/0/2
(1) giddiup222 2/0/2
(5) dessadoll 5/0/5
(3) szuzu1969 2/0/2
(2) whenindoubtsew 2/0/2
(1) Koreena 2/0/2 +1
(2) bunny1kenobi 1/0/1
(2) Velvet Rose 1/0/1
(1) lindyv123 2/0/2
(1) sweetyetevil 1/0/1
(1) jennifer680 1/0/1
(1) gala_apples 1/0/1
(1) AuntieKar 1/0/1
(1) Lillyanka 1/0/1

Claims
Sent
Received
Late with communication

Due Dec 15
Ma Rut --> ThatsWhatSheSaid for embroidery hoops rec 12/22

Due Dec 16
Dessadoll --> Ma Rut for a needle book, and a birdie hoopla. 12/6 --> 12/20
giddiup222 --> thatswhatshesaid for a shark week pillow 12/18 --> 12/22
whenindoubtsew --> dessadoll for the scrappy monsters for your kids and and the pine green penny rug pendant 12/12 --> 1/9
whenindoubtsew --> szuzu1969 for clothes for your twin girls and a little something from boredom busters. 12/17 --> 1/12

Due Dec 17
dessadoll --> whenindoubtsew for a HP Hoopla, along with some HP extras. 12/14 --> 1/6
dessadoll --> szuzu1969 for some girls headbands/ hair accessories.  And some popsicle stick puzzles. 12/17 --> 12/27
bunny1kenobi --> koreena for a bird necklace and a surprise extra. 12/3 --> 12/6
*12/18,12/29,1/3thatswhatshesaid --> Ma Rut for a Market Bag 1/9 --> 1/14
giddiup222 --> bunny1kenobi for a disquise bag! 12/18 -->

Due Dec 18
Velvet Rose --> bunny1kenobi for Distress ink, stamps & a surprise 12/17 --> 1/6

Due Dec 23
Ma Rut --> lindyv321 for Christmas ornaments 12/23 --> 12/27

Due Dec 24
lindyv123 --> dessadoll for the folded fabric scissor holder, a resin pendant, and fabric bookmarks. 12/22 --> 1/8

Due Dec 27
*1/5lillyanka --> Dessadoll for a knitted headband and some wool roving for needle felting 1/7 --> 1/19

Due Dec 28
gala_apples --> dessadoll for some Christmas cards. 12/17 --> 12/20
AuntieKar --> giddiup for some baby sock leggings...and maybe something cute to go with! 12/31, resend 2/22, rec'd 2/27

Due Jan 1
jennifer680 --> dessadoll for a pair of mittens 1/5 --> 1/13
szuzu1969 --> sweetyetevil for something inspired from her decorations board. 1/3 --> 1/5
szuzu1969 --> whenindoubtsew for her craft board 1/3 --> 1/13

Due Jan 6
Dessadoll --> AuntieKar for a winter hoopla and a mousetrap magnet 1/8 --> 1/19

Due Jan 9
lindyv --> gala_apples for some necklaces off her pinterest and some random paper and ephemera 1/9 -->
*1/9,1/11 koreena --> velvet rose for crocheted earrings 1/15 -->
*1/9,1/11 koreena --> lillyanka for hand carved stamps (or something else if the stamps fail) 1/15 --> 1/22
dessadoll --> velvet rose for some supplies1/8 -->

Due Jan 14
Sweetyetevil --> szuzu1969 for some scrubs and handmade soaps 1/10 --> 1/15
jexxican --> jennifer680 for some felt Christmas trees 1/2 --> 1/12
Winner: Jennifer680!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013 07:48:44 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
ThatsWhatSheSaid
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012 01:11:02 PM »

Hi again!

I absolutely love the pinterest swap because I get to snoop everyone elses boards for awesome ideas. Anyway, hi! My name is Dana. I'm 30 and I live near Boston with my old cat, Mickey, who has chronic kidney disease (so please no tasty kitty treats, but toys are ok - cat nip included). I am a social worker, bartender, and aspiring ESL teacher  My favorite things include knitting, wrestling, vegan baking, and reading. I love bright colors. Orange and yellow being my favorites and I've been super into blues and purples.

All of my boards are up for grabs! If you wanted to knit something, please check with me first as one or two of those project I want to do. Anything else that I have made or made for someone else I wrote "no swaps" in the description. I am looking to make my hoopla wall grow!

Here is my pinterest link: pinterest.com/foxfirebug

Can't wait to make for you guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012 02:44:49 PM »

Hi! I'm Melissa from Atlanta, GA. I'm 30, live with my techy beer-brewing fiance and our chihuahua Rupert Smiley I'm a graphic designer professionally, and I love making jewelry, embroidering, handsewing little things, knitting and crocheting. I have an intense love for colors, patterns and all things pre-1980s vintage.

My Pinterest can be found here: www.pinterest.com/marut *Crafter Swaps (things I would like to have)* is the board I've made for this swap!

Big wants: knee-length cotton skirts (PM me for size), necklaces (18" chain or longer), artwork involving birds, embroidery hooplahs, things with the outline of Georgia on them, terrariums or supplies to make one (glass globes, little rocks, figurines, etc.), Native American-inspired things

Other wants: beer-related items (can give you a list of our favorites), ATCs, anything suitable for a tiny dog (no treats though please), non-religious Christmas ornaments, anything to do with patio gardening (pots, plant markers, garden gnomes, etc.), throw pillows (we can stuff them), and supplies are super! Always in need of random charms, beads, embroidery thread, fabrics, yarn, etc.

Thanks!  Grin Kiss
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012 03:35:09 PM by Ma Rut » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dessadoll
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012 12:48:38 AM »

Hi all!  My name is Brieanna, and I'm BACK!  I did the November swap, and loved it, and decided I just had to do it again. 
I'm 31.  And live in Saskatchewan Canada with my husband, 3 kids, 4 dogs, 1 cat and 2 fish.  As well working full time as a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) on an Orthopedics ward.  And yes, I LOVE my job...Honestly.  lol  A little bit about my kids in case you want to craft for them.  My oldest is Audessa (dessadoll) and she is 12, she is my biodaughter.  Our little 2 are R (boy age 7) and J (girl age 5)  They are a first nations sibling set that we very recently adopted.  We took guardianship of the children from foster care in Feb 2012, and our adoption was granted October 12!!! Yeah!!!!  I will gladly send a picture of my gorgeous family to anyone that sends me a pm with their email address. 
My 3 children and I love to craft.  The little 2 more than my tween, but that is to be expected.  I like piddle around in many different areas, felt, needlefelting, sewing, embroidery, polymer clay, paper crafts, hair ties/bands,  I can crochet and knit, but not very well, so I love anything that someone will make for me.  And even though I may be able to make some of the things I pin, it doesn't mean I wouldn't appreciate if someone else did it for me to give me time to make another project  Wink  We do have 4 dogs (3 CKC Siberian Huskies, and 1 mini dachshund) as well as an orange and white very senior cat, and 2 siamese fighting fish.  I will do my best not to send copious amounts of their fur with the projects that I send out.  I have no allergies.

As for my boards.  They are all fair game.  The best bet is wishlist....but really, if you find it else where, and I pinned it, then its something I like and would love to have.  I know there are a few items on my kids lists that they are getting for Christmas, so if you are wanting to make something for them, please let me know and I will tell you what they are getting.  As for my boards...I will put an * by items that I receive in swaps as they come. (I'm hoping to start a pin board of things I have got from other craftsters.)

Hope this helps...Happy Crafting!
http://pinterest.com/brieannao/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whenindoubtsew

I do love knitting patterns - Albus Dumbledore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012 11:45:41 AM »

Hi Im Kylie and live in Coffs Harbour, Australia. I live with my hubby and 2 small dogs. I have crafted in some way, shape or form since I was little but only since I started swapping on Craftster at the beginning of this year have I taught myself some new skills (thank goodness for Pinterest, Google, Youtube and amazing tuts on Craftster).  No real allergies sensitive to cat fur I get a bit stuffy in the head with watery eyes.

My pinterest link - be warned I am addicted to Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/

Most of my boards are fair game except Craft swaps (which is stuff I have already been lucky to receive) and the food ones (doesnt travel that well  ). Maybe nothing too big size wise as our space is a bit of a premium and don't want it to cost too much for people to post.

Yep all good with supply claims

Colors and tastes love blues/greens, vintage/retro fabrics, unusual jewellery, can wear silver/gold/copper/brass toned jewellery. I love things that allude to something or have a hidden meaning but are not too obvious.

Let the claiming begin Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012 11:49:54 AM by whenindoubtsew » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/winsomelonesome/
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/7049637-kylie
http://www.ravelry.com/people/buildingastash 
Carnivorous plant swap - sent
Half a hoopla swap - sent
Lexophiles Unite - crafting
Vintage Halloween - crafting
szuzu1969
PEZ Dispenser

ohhh shiny pretty happy things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012 11:56:18 AM »

Hi my name is Susan. I live in the midwest and we are gearing up for the holidays just like most everyone else. My family has had some rough times the last few months and I am going to be required to do a homemade Christmas. I would very much appreciate anyone choosing me to see if the kids stuff inspires you. I have a 6 year old and twin 3 year olds, all are girls. They are my life and my joy and I welcome any and all efforts to help them keep believing in Santa Claus. Thanks so much I look forward to crafting for you as well. Pinterest is my favorite as you will be able to tell from how many pins I have.

Your Pinterest link:  http://pinterest.com/szuzu1969/

Here is a list of crafts I would like to do.
 http://pinterest.com/szuzu1969/crafts-for-me-and-my-home/

Here are some jewelry ideas I like
http://pinterest.com/szuzu1969/gifts-diy-jewelry/

I would like to have some of these for the kids in the car. We often take two hour trips and these help greatly!
http://pinterest.com/szuzu1969/travel-boredom-busters/

I have twin girls that are 3 and in size 3T and 4t at the moment. I would love to have some of these clothes for them. I try to upcycle as much as I can. http://pinterest.com/szuzu1969/sewing-girls/

My kids are my life and they would love any one of these ideashttp://pinterest.com/szuzu1969/gifts-diy-crafts-for-kids/

This is my favorite stuff hope it helps. I look forward to seeing your inspirations. Hope it is not too much stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want something bad enough the entire universe will conspire to help you get it.
Giddiup222
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012 02:13:28 PM »

Hi! I'm Alecia in Fort Worth, Texas. I have 2 children. A boy - 4,  a girl - 1, and a dog - Jack
A little about me.... born in Mississippi and raised in Scottsdale, AZ. I finished High school  in MS and lived there for the last 15 years till we were recently relocated to Fort Worth, TX.  
 My husband has an allergy to smoke, so things need to come from a smoke free home please!
All my boards are game!  If you have a question though ( about color, size or whatever) feel free to ask! I'm not picky and appreciate everything and anything!

http://pinterest.com/giddiup222/my-style/

http://pinterest.com/giddiup222/diy-projects/

http://pinterest.com/giddiup222/diy-ideas/

http://pinterest.com/giddiup222/quilting-and-sewing/

http://pinterest.com/giddiup222/jewelry-accessories/

http://pinterest.com/giddiup222/little-clothes/

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you in advance for picking me!  
http://pinterest.com/giddiup222/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012 02:29:14 PM by Giddiup222 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012 07:38:01 AM »

Hi, Im Deanna and I live in sunny AZ!  Im excited to be able to play this month and Im looking forward to stalking everybodys boards!

If you choose to claim me, most of my boards are suitable, and use any you like for inspiration (exact replicas not required).  The ones that probably wont be much help to you are Upholstery Fabric, How Bizarre, The Best Medicine, For Me?, My Craftiness is Showing, Im An Artist Heres my Card, Someday Grandbabies, Gift & Swap creation  Inspiration (this is for things I'd give to others, not things I want myself), and my food boards. 

My kids would also be happy with goodies "Gifts for my kiddos" is where to look for ideas for them.  If there is a * in front of the notes, it means some kind soul has already made that item.  Because my kids pin their own wishes on there, coming out and saying I got one will give away the Christmas surprise!   (If some kind soul would be willing to make my son or hubby the bearded beanie on this board, they would be sooooooooo thrilled!  My son's 24, so you'd need a man-sized pattern, with sandy brown beard. Hubby has dark brown almost black. Thanks!)

If you need sizes or additional info, please let me know. 

Supply items gladly received!  I have a board for that, actually 

No allergies, but Im not a big fan of cigarette smoke aroma.  My husband is EXTREMELY allergic to rabbits.  If you have rabbits, please don't claim me unless you have washed your hands thoroughly before crafting, and the clothing you are wearing and the crafting items you are using have either never been anywhere near a rabbit, or have been washed since coming anywhere near a rabbit.  (hope that didn't sound rude... he's REALLY allergic -can't even be within 10 feet of one  Undecided  )

My link: http://pinterest.com/deannalaw
Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Velvet Rose
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012 08:13:37 PM »

ABOUT ME

Hello, my name's Wendy and I live in Sydney, Australia.

I have just finished 5 gruelling months of a graphic design course - and taking a break until classes start again in February.

I have dabbled in many crafts over the years, but my current obsession is paper crafts/altered art. I LOVE Tim Holtzs work and was privileged to meet him in June (and receive a tag he made in a demo).

My Pinterest boards which relate to this swap are the  Craft Supplies Wish List and Crafted Items Wish List, but the other boards give an idea about my style and interests.

I am very happy to receive a supplies package..but please only send the items/brands I have requested as I am trying to destash. 

I like bold, chunky jewellery made out of natural materials such as metal, agate, glass, wood. I mainly wear black, chocolate brown or grey, accented with red, purple, or magenta.

I like pinky reds, purples, black, beiges & browns and earthy greens. I dislike blue, mint and dark green, peach, yellow, orange, lavender, as well as cutesy, country, checks, spots, stripes, skulls. My favourite patterns are modern leaf prints, printed damask and William Morris designs.

I love natural fibers and fabrics (cotton, wool, silk, linen) and would prefer not to receive anything in polyester, acrylic or other synthetics.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

http://pinterest.com/WendyBurgess
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Perfect Combo: Word Clouds and Photoshop
How to Draw Pokémon Jolteon
How to Draw Mikey Simon
How to Draw Angry Birds Online
Refining Long Exposure Photos
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...