A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,787
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 201229 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1260 on: February 15, 2013 07:09:48 PM »

Class: Flying
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Signaling Handwarmers
Project Description: Nothing is worse than trying to be safe on a broom at night and trying to signal or get the attention of another flyer. These handwarmers should alleviate these annoying problems. With the bright yellow to catch attention you'll have no problem being visible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #1261 on: February 15, 2013 09:39:23 PM »

great job fitting your sweater, tia! That's one of my big fears with knitting a sweater (haven't done it yet) - that I'll have put all that time into it and it won't fit! I'm planning for my first one to be knit top-down, so I can try it on as I go. Smiley

OWL Update: Crocheted 7 squares tonight while watching some Doctor Who. I'm now up to 53 finished squares! My mom's knitted 3 squares for me to add to my box (she's learning how to knit, and these are small projects so she can learn new stitches), so that brings my total in the box to 56. Since my goal is to fill the box and I estimate that it will hold 90 squares, this means that I'm 62% of the way finished with my OWL. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1262 on: February 16, 2013 06:40:36 AM »

Nice gloves, Erin. Go slytherin!

That sweater is amazing! Great job!  I have yet to make a sweater for an adult, I've crocheted ones for babies but not adults yet.  I always want to make one for myself, but then I'm all "Well, you should wait 'til you lose that weight or it won't fit when you do, plus it'll use less yarn..." and then I eat a cookie.  So... we'll see when that ever happens. haha!

Congrats again on the NEWT, Jennie! it looks fabulous!  I love the shape and the colors. Homespun is such a cozy yarn.

OWL UPDATE: Owl? Where? I love owls!

Assignment:
Class: History of Magic
House: Slytherin
Project: Ice lantern
Description: My project is a literal interpretation of the "Fire and Ice" prompt.  One could use the ice lantern as designed (wide part to the bottom with an electric candle inside) or flip it the other way up and use a live fire candle instead.  As you know I first attempted this with a water balloon and Mother Nature.  She didn't find me amusing and made the temps too high by about 8 degrees and then encouraged squirrels to pop my balloon.  So I resorted to mechanical means. i.e. the freezer. Using a cup of water (with green food coloring added) and a measuring bowl to create the indent I froze this puppy up last night.  Here's the pic:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013 10:02:27 AM by Ant Bee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1263 on: February 16, 2013 02:09:37 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Feb Detention/SPEW
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Mother's Day Cards
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) I was looking at the organizations listed for SPEW and was checking out Operation Write Home's website. My goal is to make 25 cards for OWH. These cards are cards 3 and 4. The item that has been in my stash for over 4 months is the dazzle stickers that I used for the flower and border on each card. I have had them since 2010 and only used a couple of stickers. Once I get all 2 done I'll post some pics on the SPEW board.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1264 on: February 16, 2013 05:46:14 PM »

Well done Sammie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
indigo_roses
« Reply #1265 on: February 16, 2013 06:27:16 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Flying+SPEW
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Spring Flower Hat
Brief Description: This hat is so bright, you will definitely be seen while wearing it! It will be donated to charity because a) it's too small and b) those colors don't belong next to my face Tongue
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Quidditch
House:Ravenclaw
Project Name: David's Mittens
Brief Description: I originally made these mittens for my friend David for Christmas (well, one was done for Christmas...), but the thumbs didn't fit right. Nor did they fit right the second time. Third time was the charm though, and now these mittens are gone! He's a muggle do he doesn't know this, but he'll be showing my his support for Ravenclaw's Quidditch team whenever he wears them!
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1266 on: February 16, 2013 07:52:13 PM »

Tia, the sweater is beautiful and my daughter wants those cupcakes!!

Erin, those gloves could fit into the House Unity challenge, you should submit them (go gryffindor! ;P)

Ant, I've been meaning to do the balloon thing for a while too, but somehow didn't find the time. The food coloring is a nice idea!

Indigo, I'd like that pair of mitts for myself!! Cheesy

OWL update: nothing. Went to the family center that was supposed to have a sewing machine to find out it's been borrowed. Meh. But. Someone is supposed to give me her machine to get rid of it. An industrial one that comes with a table....It's worth a try.

So, I've been away hunting horcrux instead.

Challenge: Horcrux Hunt- Nagini
House: Gryffindor!
Desc:  I knew I wanted to draw Neville. What better pose than him slicing up a snake?

Challenge: Horcrux Hunt- Harry Potter
Desc: When I saw Lily in the list I wanted to make something about her. I decided to go with a Frame of Her with her big sister, a muggle picture taken by her parent just before she gets on the Hogwarts express Smiley It's my favorite horcrux drawing so far! Tongue

Challenge: Horcrux Hunt- Tom Riddle's Diary
Desc: After re-reading the horcrux list I had a clear idea of Myrtle in my head.

all drawing in prismacolor with sharpie outline, except Myrtle that I liked in pencil.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
indigo_roses
« Reply #1267 on: February 16, 2013 08:11:11 PM »

Maman - thanks! I love your drawing of Lily and Petunia, their expressions are perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: February 16, 2013 11:30:46 PM »

Challenge: chocolate bean
House: hufflepuff
project name: Morning Sundae
Brief description: I came up with this little recipe for a  yummy twist on an old classic treat. Its a fat free vanilla yogurt, hot fudge sundae, layered with cinnamon raisins. An the beat part about it is I can eat a sundae for breakfast. Smiley

Sorry if the pic don't load, I'm usingy phone to upload. My internet cable is broke.
Maman - thanks! I love your drawing of Lily and Petunia, their expressions are perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
TechnicolorAquahearts

Proud Slytherin in the HP Summer Craftalong!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1269 on: February 17, 2013 12:43:43 AM »

Wow there has been so much amazing craftiness since I have been on here last. I need to represent Slytherin and catch up with ErinAquaheart! Here are a few things I have been working on:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Berthie Botts Chocolate
House:Slytherin
Project Name: Mini brownies
Brief Description: Brownies have to be one of my favorite treats so when i saw that the current bean was chocolate I knew what I was going to make!
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: February Detention
Project Name: upcycled wonder woman swirl star crayons
Brief Description: We have had TONS of old crayons hanging around because we knew they would eventually be good for something! Erin and I finally got a bunch of soup cans together and make shifted a double boiler for each color and melted some of those puppies down.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride:Astronomy
Project Name:A sock dog to represent "the companion star" for my companion.
Brief Description: When researching Sirius B I found out that the reason why it is referred to as a dog is because it is a companion to another star, so I made a little sock dog as a present for my companion for valentine's day.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Divination
Project Name:Hand Beaded Skull Bows
Brief Description: I chose to do a project inspired by the tasseomancy symbol of the skull. So I hand beaded some skulls (which took forever!) and constructed some bows with some awesome ribbon I got on sale for 2 for $1 right after Halloween.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Tom Riddle's Diary Horcrux
Project Name:Scrapbook page
Brief Description: Scrapbooks are a type of diary so I made a scrapbook page. I have hundreds of scrapbook pages lined up to make but I never have the time to sit down and do them all.
Project Picture:

The scrapbook page is from when ErinAquaheart, MommaAquaheart, and I went to Disney World in June of 2011. It was so awesome to be able to take a vacation all together like that! Definitely worth recording those memories!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: www.lynnaquaheart.etsy.com
Like me on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/AquaheartStudios
Follow Me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LynnAquaheart
I have a blog about all things creative! http://lynnaquaheart.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Gallery Image Part 2/2
How to Make an Unbelievable Image in Photoshop
How to Enhance a Dandelion Image in Photoshop
How to Enhance a Cat Photograph.
How to Create a Fairy Portrait
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...