A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 305,021
Currently Running With Scissors:
666 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 196556 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1190 on: February 09, 2013 02:56:12 PM »

~*Congratulations CraftyLadyMJ*~
The OWL Examiners are proud to present you with
your Transfiguration OWL Certificate

Well done on completing your Transfiguration OWL! 
You are now free to further your Advanced Studies by proposing another OWL or a NEWT.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013 02:56:58 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1191 on: February 09, 2013 03:00:27 PM »

~*Congratulations FiberAchemist*~
your Study of Ancient Runes OWL Certificate

Well done on completing your Study of Ancient Runes OWL! 
You are now free to further your Advanced Studies by proposing another OWL or a NEWT.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Crochet Moderator
Craftalongs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1192 on: February 09, 2013 03:01:18 PM »

~*Congratulations tiamatfire*~
your Transfiguration OWL Certificate

Well done on completing your Transfiguration OWL! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melissaurus
« Reply #1193 on: February 09, 2013 03:51:48 PM »

So with a bit of help from our headmistress - I am proposing my first NEWT

~NEWT PROPOSAL~
NEWT Subject: Defense Against the Dark Arts
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Mastering the Procrastination - Deflection Spells
Brief Description: So I have a list of 50 crafty things I want to do that I've slowly been chipping away at for over 5 months now. I fully intent on finishing it by the end of this year - but to do so, I need to kick my crafting in to full gear. So with this NEWT I intent to master the art of deflecting the Dark forces of Crafty Procrastination. I'll start with 8 projects - if I can do all 8 before the month is up, I will simply add a few more until I'm done. Here are my 8 projects: 1) A set of illustrated quotes. 2) Yellow socks 3 ways (sewn, knit, and crochet) 3) A charity (SPEW) project. 4) Design a plus-size clothing line. 5) A wee house. 6) Handmade valentine cards. 7) Sew an Ugly doll. 8 ) Decorate a Lampshade.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #1194 on: February 09, 2013 03:55:12 PM »

That chocolate scrub looks divine Pinks!  I may need to make a batch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #1195 on: February 09, 2013 05:32:16 PM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:bernie botts every flavor bean- choclate, 
                                       - gryffendor extra credit
House:gryffendor
Project Name: chocolate frog

i almost missed this one! then my husband came across a choclate sucker kit i had picked up on clearance after halloween. on sale it's cheaper than just buying the choclate melts, and we have a box of diffrent candy molds from past years. so we made chocolate frogs, puppy suckers, red hearts, and mint flavored roses. i had actually used the rose mold to make mints for my wedding in 1996. it was really nice to be able to share that with my daughters. we've also inherited some candy molds from my grandmother. every christmas for as long as i can remember she made fudge and choclate covered cherries. my camera battery died, so i will have to add pictures of the finished projects later.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
jenleahlynn
« Reply #1196 on: February 09, 2013 05:43:08 PM »

class-transfiguration
house-gryffendor
project-shrinky dink sun catcher

this was a team project with my daughter. she was looking for a gift idea for her grandmother. we had bought plain 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of shrink film for another project. we took a full sheet and sanded it so we could use colored pencils instead of markers. then she drew a hummingbird and flowers and colored them in. we punched holes for hanging, then into the oven. it shrank to the size of a photograph and the plastic ends up about 1/8" thick. it's hard to show in a photo but the light comes through it nicely. grandma loved it.

trying to find the picture....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
tiamatfire
« Reply #1197 on: February 09, 2013 05:57:27 PM »

Mmmm chocolate scrub and chocolate frogs!  Delicious!

Challenge: Bertie Botts Chocolate
House: Gryffindor
Name: Mini-jumbo-mini cupcake

The same book I made the tiny elephant from I've been making many other minis from.  Last night I made a teeny cupcake for my friend's birthday, then was struck that I could make pretend cupcakes for my daughter's kitchen using worsted weight instead!  It turned out real-life-mini-cupcake sized, but of course it's a jumbo upsize from a mini-mini pattern, hence the name.  It's chocolate cake, strawberry icing, with a cherry on top!

I forgot to include a scale reference, but the tiny one would fit on top of a quarter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1198 on: February 09, 2013 06:11:35 PM »

~*OWL Update*~ 
While I remembered to update evereyone on my NEWT progress yesterday, I completely forgot to mention my OWL work.  It's just as well since I hadn't done much on it over the course of the week except for gathering supplies.  This morning I put together the Earth component before going out to do some errands.  I am very pleased with how it came out, but feel like it might need a small addition to it to feel 'complete'.  It's not that it's not complete.  It's just that I'm a crazy person who likes to make matching things, and will keep crafting so long as my stash holds out.  I think I have a plan for the addition.  Might take some playing around with though....  and I might have to PM our dear Headmistress for advice.

This afternoon I spent just over 5 hours working on the Air component.  Curled up on my favorite squashy chair near the space heater, and _________ed until my fingers were sore.  Quick break for dinner and I was right back at it.  It's now complete and I'm thrilled with how it came out.  Needed to bother DH to help me make sure the __________ was level.

Earth:  A ________ and _________ _______, made from the rare and beautiful _______ _______ and _________ ________ _______, accented with a _________ _______ _______ will represent Earth.  (May be adding a small addition.)

Air:  A fun and hopefully very unexpected project.  I will be using a ________ _________ ___________ to create a Ladie's __________ _________ in __________ _________ ____________, complete with ______________ __________ and _________ to represent the noble ___________, in honor or Ravenclaw House.

Fire: A project that warms the soul.  I will be combining ___________ and __________ to create a custom _____________ ___________ for FiberAlchemist to enjoy while at home.

Water: The true inspiration for the previous elements/components.  Tiny handcrafted _________ __________ in a happy shade of ____________ ____________, to wear while out at dear FiberAlchemist's favorite haunt, __________ ___________'s ___________ ___________.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1199 on: February 09, 2013 06:51:02 PM »

Class/Challenge: Bean---Chocolate
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Chocolate sketches
Project Description: These are some chocolates that I doodled and then colored with colored pencils. I think these may become a MUCH large project later so you will probably see these again....after my OWL is finished...  Grin
This is supposed to be one of those chocolate covered orange gel sticks

And then I have a caramel with a vanilla frosting swirl on top

And last of all (my favorite <3) a little love truffle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Image Processor in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Rename a File in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Work with the Metadata Panel in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Move and Delete Images in Adobe Bridge CS3
How to Sort and Rotate Images in Adobe Bridge CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...