A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,662
Currently Running With Scissors:
418 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 200057 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1180 on: February 09, 2013 09:54:54 AM »

Hello dearest HPCers!  I'm still a bit green, but I will be back later today to update.  Kiss Thank you dear jennie for the update; you are the best!  Now to find a potion to stop the room from spinning so much. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenleahlynn
« Reply #1181 on: February 09, 2013 11:10:06 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride:potions
House:gryffendor
Project Name:muggle shrinkiny dinks
Project Page Link (if available):
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)

for fun, my daughters wanted to try out some muggle magic instead of using the shrinking charm. the flowers are a 2" stamp on plain shrink film, that come out the size of a button. the girls were preprinted ones that we decorated with colored pencils. these already had a rough finish. we roughed up the blank film with sandpaper before using the colored pencils. the ones on the left are unbaked, the ones on the right are after shrinking.
Project Picture:

they make cute charms for bracelets and backpack tags. i forgot to take a picture but we also used these as decorative buttons on a pencil case for their teachers christmas present.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenleahlynn
-i love to try new crafts, and learn new techniques. my strength is color pencils, but i also scrapbook, stitch, crochet, bead, any excuse to head to the craft store!

harry potter craft along
teesha moore patch swap
breaking dawn swap
ongoing atc swap
tiamatfire
« Reply #1182 on: February 09, 2013 11:21:15 AM »

@Melissasaura: great progress on your OWL!  I'm curious about who your ancestor is now though... Wink
@Jennie: go go, you're so close!
@Abbee: cute idea!  This year we've actually been able to make snowballs a lot, usually it's too cold
@Pottermouth: I like the really graphic and geometric nature of your quilt top!
@Pinkleo: feel better soon!

Thanks for the great comments on my sweater!  I'm glad it's done, although I haven't felt well enough to block it yet.  Maybe today.

And a new OWL proposal now that I have space again!

Proposal: Potions Option 1- Show off your ability to work with many ingredients by showcasing at least 3 different colors/pattern/textures
Name: Play food

We bought our daughter a play kitchen for her first birthday - although it's not until the end of March, we had to buy it a few weeks ago because the store was selling off their floor model for 50% off.  We couldn't get it downstairs, so it's already set up upstairs!  Anyone who needs birthday present ideas will be directed to IKEA to get some play pots and pans, and their fruit and veggies set.  I'm going to make lots of play food to complement the kitchen!  I'll be knitting, sewing, and even gluing/modpodging to build her pieces.

Here she is playing at the empty kitchen (ignore the kitty and wastebasket).

Edit to add the link to my pinterest page for the play food: http://pinterest.com/tiamatfire/felt-food/
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013 11:24:09 AM by tiamatfire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #1183 on: February 09, 2013 11:34:38 AM »

So, that photo freaked me out - at first glance I thought it was a normal size kitchen with a GIANT cat  Grin

Challenge: January detention
House: Ravenclaw
project: the scarf that became a coin purse

I have had this yarn in my stash since I recieved it in secret santa 4 years ago!! so I decided to make a scarf for my neice (the only perosn I know who may appreciate a pink and purple sparkly scarf). But this yarn is NOT FUN to knit with, not at all - the needles kept getiing caught in between the different parts of the stand - a more experianced knitter would be fine but I was tearing my hair out pretty quickly. So, I switched my roject to something much smaller - a coin purse - I just did a rectangle of  knitting (alternating k and p rows) then folded it in 3 and sew it up. I used a knitting dolly to make a little rope to use asa  button hole.

we are planning a trip to Hamley's together over easter so she can keep her spending money in it Smiley
I am going to use the left over yarn in some other project, not knitted - maybe something woven...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1184 on: February 09, 2013 11:43:14 AM »

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Astronomy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Canis Major magnet
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.) This is a polymer clay magnet of Canis Major. I just put the main stars in the constellation that make the shape and painted the lines that connect the stars. The big star is Sirius The way the stars are arranged, it kinda looks like a dog without a head though. The Gods should do something about that.  Huh
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux Hunt: Hufflepuff Cup
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Hermione Granger
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques/recipe used, any fun tips, etc.)  Heres the destroyer of yet another Horcrux, Hermione Granger. Shes a polymer clay chibi just like my Ron one. Whos do you think is the next chibi?  Wink When Im done with them, Ive come up with an idea for a bigger project so Ill post that later once they are all done.
Project Picture:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1185 on: February 09, 2013 12:00:11 PM »

@tiamat: Even if it's raspberry, it's still beautiful! Raspberry is also a nice color!

@sammy: I noticed that about Canis Major too. Someone needs to talk to Zeus or someone about that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1186 on: February 09, 2013 12:12:56 PM »

Taking a break from all the shovelling, shovelling, shovelling! *shakes fists at Nemo and having been born in this reality rather than the one in JKR's head. Oh to have wand magic now!*

Here's my latest procrastination accomplishment:

Class/Challenge: Flying + January WiP
House: Slytherin
Project: The Navigator
Description: Taking the line form the assignment, "... or would enhance your vision of your surroundings." I present a gift made for my nephew for valentine's day.  He is a Navigator, an alien monster from outer space with 6 tentacle arms, a rosy heart shaped mouth and an eye-stalk that can swivel and move 360 degrees plus over and under in order to see everything at once.  He'll come in quite handy while the 8 yr old practices flying after school while the days are still so short. He was made entirely from stash and all from materials I've had for an embarrassingly long time.  His body is knit in garter stitch and sewn over a 12 inch pillow form.  His tentacles and 9 inch eye stalk are a mix of loops & threads sock yarn and Red heart acrylic sport with a Styrofoam ball under crochet to keep the eye shape.

Here's the handsome devil (pardon the pics, I can not get this camera to cooperate.):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1187 on: February 09, 2013 01:20:39 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked SOO MANY WONDERFUL THINGS!

I can't even begin to catch up with all the awesomeness...and I wasn't even gone that long!

I always seem to miss updating on my OWL on Friday...so here I am on Saturday telling about where I am.

I have two fish left to paint when my client comes in and gets a slightly worried look on her face and says "WOW, that's a LOT of fish." I wanted to tell her, "Lady, it's a little late now to be telling me it's a lot of fish. I can't make there be LESS fish NOW!" Angry But I didn't. Smiley I am giving her the option to not have me do the last two fish even though it will make that corner of the room kinda "floaty."

I still have to do the lotus blossoms but instead of 11 there are now only 8. I can't make them too small or they will be dwarfed by the lilypads. (Lotus flowers and lilypads are usually about the same size.) But now, with the end in sight, I am extremely worried that she will not be happy with the floor that she has been excited about all the way until this last moment. I reminded her that furniture and other decorative things will be taking up floor space and that many of the elements on the floor will be covered. This will allow her to shuffle furniture without having empty spots. That seemed to put her at ease.

Keeping my fingers crossed that she likes what she gets...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1188 on: February 09, 2013 01:32:50 PM »

Challenge: Bertie Bott's Bean CHOCOLATE!
House: Gryffindor
House Challenge: Love is in the Air-Perfect gift for Chocolate Lovers
Project Name: Chocolate Sugar Scrub
Project Page Link
Brief Description: I'm making batches of Chocolate Sugar Scrub for Valentine's Day.  It is quick and easy, and you probably have all the ingredients on hand.  Ingredients: 5 Tablespoons cocoa, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1 cup sugar (I used brown sugar here), 1/2 cup oil (I used olive oil)  ~Mix ingredients together, and put in jars.  *To Use: Rub a small amount unto skin and rinse. Do remember that oils make a bath/shower slippery.

Project Pictures:

....looked so lushly serene in first pic that I wanted to show that scrubbiness...

You could add essential oils and scents like cinnamon, mint, almond, ginger to change it up a bit.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013 01:59:45 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

~*HPC Headmistress*~

« Reply #1189 on: February 09, 2013 02:51:45 PM »

...ah, I've returned.  Taking doses of my potion of willow bark, chamomile, and mint.  Feeling better, not 100%, but better, which is good since my daughter's first piano recital is tonight and I do not want to miss it!

Alrighty, sipping my potion, daring to nibble GF crackers, and grabbing my magic quill....

First, LOVE all the Wizard Idioms!  Keep them coming!  You have until the end of the semester to submit your Flourish & Blotts challenge. Grin

@Abbee: ~*Secret OWL Approved*~  I absolutely adore your Art Cuff!

@Ant Bee: LOVE the Navigator!

@AugustBell: Your granny Stripe Ghan is looking fab!

@CraftyLady: Well done on completing your OWL!  I know the dedication it takes to finish a granny ghan, and yours looks fabulous!  Your OWL Examiner will be by shortly with your certificate.

@FiberAlchemist: Your Tardis shawl is AMAZING!  Well done!  Your OWL Examiner will be by shortly with your certificate.

@jenleahlynn: Congrats on conquer the Shrinking Potion. Cool

@jennie: Your Celestial Spheres Bracelet is divine; adore the sparkly, crystal stars.

@Maman: Those boots are fantastic!

@Melissaurus: Your OWL progress is so adorable!  Your Seek is amazing!

@noodle-bug: I'm in love with your dolls!  Such personalities!  I think Charms is my favorite! Grin

@pottermouth: Love your square!  Isn't 200 Blocks a fabulous book!?! Grin  Your NEWT is coming along great!  And what a wondrous hoopla Whopla!

@sammylouise: fab projects...adorable Ron &Hermione.  Hope all is well.  Sending blessings of good health!

@tia: WOWZERS! Shocked  Your OWL Sweater is stunning!  Way to go! Your OWL Examiner will be by shortly with your certificate.  And new ~*OWL Approved*~  What an amazing project this is going to be; I can't wait to see all the fab food!  Sending you a copy of One Minute Feasts to get you inspired. Grin

« Last Edit: February 09, 2013 02:53:25 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Japanese Inspired Hairstyles
Lela Rose Backstage Hair Trends - Fall 2009
Akiko Ogawa Backstage Hair Trends - Fall 2009
Georges Chakra Backstage Hair Trends Spring 2011 - NYFW
Gottex Backstage Hair and Makeup Trends Spring 2011 - NYFW
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...