A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 179630 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eiseldora
« Reply #1170 on: February 08, 2013 05:04:29 PM »

Flourish & Blotts
Ravenclaw

A practiced wand can open any door
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1171 on: February 08, 2013 05:56:34 PM »

tiamatfire: STUNNING OWL my lovely girl!

Abbeeroad: try watching the episode "Blink".  If you don't like that, this might not be the series for you.  Do remember that season 1 is a bit rough.  Think of it like middle school.  Uncertain and a bit awkward.  You need to get through it to grow up into a beautiful person though.

And then I was all like, NEVER LEAVE ME!!!  I never warmed up to Matt Smith.

Seriously.  I'm not over Ten.  I've tried to like Matt Smith.  I really tried, but was never a huge fan.  I'm sure he's a perfectly nice fellow and all, but still.  Also, never liked Amy Pond, so that might have had a lot to do with it....

jennie, I agree with absolutely everything you said. I still miss David and Donna.  Cry

And she'll never even know!!!

pottermouth: Well done on your OWL progress dear!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013 06:03:51 PM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on lists and forget to craft.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1172 on: February 08, 2013 06:08:50 PM »

Note from the Deputy Headmistress...

Hello my dear HPCers!  Just wanted to stop in and check on everyone.  I've been offline most of the day, as Fridays are exceptionally busy in my shop, with lots of confused undergrads trying to learn to sew and whatnot.

Meanwhile, I've been asked by our dearest pinkleo to let you know that she's been knocked out by a stomach bug today, and hence has not been online.  She promises to be back tomorrow to do updates and such.  If anyone has PMed her with questions, she probably has not answered.  Feel free to PM me with any of those items if you need answers quicker.  I'm more than happy to help.  (Plus it's kinda my job and such. Wink)

A joyous Friday night to you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melissaurus
« Reply #1173 on: February 08, 2013 06:12:34 PM »

Alright. Crafty overload for yous all. First off - here's an update on my OWL progress. I've gotten two of the zodiac-pokemon done - ratata (the rat) and meowth (the cat), completely. Then there's tepig (the boar) and torchic (the rooster), but they still need detail and colour. Smiley I'm quite happy with them so far.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Horcrux hunt - Tom Riddle's Diary
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Sketchbook Cover
Brief Description:
I found a horcux! I always decorate the covers of my sketchbooks/art journals, and this one seems extra special! I always pick a specific word to focus on for each sketchbook. Fittingly - this book's word is 'Seek'.

Class/Challenge/House Pride: Study of Ancient Runes / Gryffindor Extra Credit
Project Name: A Space for my Ancestor
Brief Description: (I hope this isn't against craftster rules - but it's really sweet, full of love, and I felt like sharing with you all) In grade 5 we researched our family history for a project. I discovered that a few generations ago, I had a relative who was very well-known for his creativity. Due to discrimination, he had to flee the country he lived in for Canada, but always felt stifled creatively. I was fascinated and learned as much about his story as I could. Years in the future, I visited a Medical Intuitive, who mentioned this exact ancestor, and how he was involving himself in my creativity. I've felt incredibly connected to him ever since then.

I made this space for him next to my desk. It's made of an old crate turned on it's side, and filled with various objects that resonate with me, and hopefully with him. I really wanted to commemorate him and honour him, and I really hope we can work together. Smiley

Class/Challenge: Charms / February Destash Dash / Gryffindor Extra Credit
Project Name: Prayer Flag Set
Project Page Link: Click right here
Brief Description: After the prayer flag swap, I decided I wanted to make a full set of prayer flags (something I've wanted to do for a long time that's eluded and bewildered me for MONTHS now). Each of the flags has something specific I want to invite more of in my life. They started out as a HUGE pile of papers and ephemera I've saved up over the years. I placed the papers and arranged them on canvas backing and then freeform machine stitched to secure them. Feel free to look at the project page - there's much more about them than I could fit on here. Smiley

This is what they started out as!!

And this is what they turned in to!

Whew! Alright. I'm done for tonight I think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1174 on: February 08, 2013 06:16:38 PM »

~*Happy Advanced Studies Friday*~

While I know most of you have done this already, and I'm woefully behind today, I wanted to remind anyone who hasn't already done so to let us all know how your OWLs & NEWTs are going, so we can cheer you on!

NEWT Update:  I am 1/3 of the way through row 35 of my afghan!  I'm hoping to get through another 1/3 of the row tonight, and complete it tomorrow.  Might even be able to get through some of the finishing row tomorrow if all goes well.  Once those are done, I have about a million ends to weave in.  Probably will only get little bits at a time done over the next week.  Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigo_roses
« Reply #1175 on: February 08, 2013 07:24:12 PM »

I was a bit more productive on my OWL tonight than I had planned on. I made 4 squares, which brings me up to a total of 41 done so far. Smiley I was then distracted by the idea to try to knit a hat from some of my handspun. I'm hoping I don't run out of yarn (I can't find the paper where I wrote down the total yardage, and am too lazy to look/figure it out again). The theme of that hat/yarn is "Is it spring yet?" since it's currently snowing where I live. It needs to stop doing that until next December.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
sammylouise40
Polymer Clayaholic

Nerdy Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1176 on: February 08, 2013 09:12:41 PM »

@Melissaurus Those Pokemon felt animals are looking great. I can't wait to see them all.

@jennieingram I'm sorry to hear the Headmistress isn't feeling well. I hope she feels better soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping altered puzzle pieces. PM me if interested in swapping.

My Pinterest!
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1177 on: February 08, 2013 11:51:46 PM »

Jennie, I'm sorry to hear Pink is sick! I hope she feels better soon!

I was going to finish my OWL tonight but a nice customer gave me a few dozen handmade (hand blown?) glass beads and I've been playing around with them instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyLadyMJ

A crafting I'll go...

View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 09, 2013 08:38:11 AM »

Class/challenge: Flourish and Blotts Challenge
House: Hufflepuff

I'll believe it when muggles when fly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Summer HPC 2013
No more cellphone headaches!
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1179 on: February 09, 2013 09:45:45 AM »

Abbee- nice cuff! Did you stamp the letters or print them?

Thanks! They are stamped Smiley And your quilt is looking great! Now who needs to slow down?! I have no progress to report as I need more interfacing and just haven't made it out to get more. Soon.

Melissaurus - LOVE your prayer flag set!!
___________________ ___________________ ___________________ __

Class/Challenge: Herbology
Project Name: Snowball Shield
Project Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: Yay for snow! Snowpocolypse Nemo (yes, really) just hit Jersey and we're out enjoying it while it lasts! We built Fort DJO and had fun throwing snowballs until someone got hungry... Of course DJ needed some snowball protection, so I made him a little shield out of an old cereal box and some duct tape.

___________________ ___________________ _____________

Feel better, pinkleo!!

I think I'm going to watch some Dr. Who today with a nice cup of hot cocoa...Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Asian Bite: Thai Beef Salad
Vegetable and Tofu Pad Thai Recipe
Asian Bites: Slow-Roast Asian Pork Recipe
Cooking for Kids: How to Make Stir Fry for Kids
"Bottom-of-the-Jar" Recipe: Peanut Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...