A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 205464 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1160 on: February 08, 2013 12:19:56 PM »

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to save your OWL, FiberAlchemist! And the result is well worth your trouble. It's beautiful!

I'm with Melissaurus where it feels like I should be a fan of Dr. Who, but for some reason it hasn't happened yet...

Regardless, your shawl is awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1161 on: February 08, 2013 12:48:16 PM »

Start with season 1 (2005) and get all the way through it, ignoring the fact that some of the special effects are silly.  It takes a few episodes to start to love Chris Eccleston, but he's well worth it.   

Then....  watch the first episode of season 2.  Try very hard to ignore the fact that Barty Crouch Jr., has murdered Chris Eccleston, who was a very lovely doctor, and who you were half-crushing on. 

Then...  watch episodes 2-4 of season 2.  You will now no longer remember David Tennant ever having been in anything connected with Harry Potter, or that you've ever even seen any such films, because now your heart will be full to bursting with love for the Tenth Doctor.

Then...  try to live the rest of your life knowing that at some point in your now-addicted life, you will loose David Tennant.  Content yourself with watching every second of seasons 2-4 over and over.

Then, start season 5, and try not to hate Matt Smith for the simple crime of NOT being David Tennant.  Eventually he may or may not grow on you.  It is hit or miss.

Oh, and try to not cry for too many hours straight when you loose Donna.  Because you will cry.  I would say that if you don't cry when Donna leaves, you have no soul.  But you all like Harry Potter, so you do in fact have souls.  But you're going to wish you couldn't feel anything ever again, the way that Harry did after loosing Sirius, when Donna Noble leaves the TARDIS.

(What the crap am I doing typing this when I should be working on that 18th century pirate coat???)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
tiamatfire
« Reply #1162 on: February 08, 2013 01:24:35 PM »

Great TARDIS shawl!  I love it!  I need to cast on my hubby's time traveller socks so I can finish them before the 50th anniversary.

And great finished afghan too, MJ, you must be thrilled it's done!

I've finished my OWL too!

Class: OWL, transfiguration - possibly extra Gryffindor credit, I wasn't sure if we could earn the credit on a class project?
House: Gryffindor
Name: Framboise

So this sweater has been a bit of a pain.  I made a mistake in the cable crossings (you can see it in the original photo I posted here so I laddered down and picked back up in pattern...several times (there were other incidences further up).  Then because my stitch gauge was slightly out and my row gauge REALLY out I had to recalculated how to do the neck and armhole shaping.  I also completely reworked the sleeves so they are 3/4 length, in the round, and again the decreases are very different.

I'm pretty happy with it, although it's a bit short.  I may in the future unpick the cast-on edge and knit down more ribbing, but we'll see after blocking.  I'll post a pic wearing it then as well, I'm really ill and didn't want to get dressed for a picture, plus sweaters just look a lot better after blocking.  Here we go though!

If it does qualify for the hearts for Gryffindor, there are 10 cabled hearts in there!  Lots of x's and o's as well, since the pattern is named "I Heart Aran".  The shoulders look odd here because it isn't blocked yet, so the shawl collar is rounding them forward.  I'm *hoping* that'll block out better.

I did just finish this today, I finished the sleeve cap on the second sleeve and then seamed it while the baby was napping.  If I feel well enough this afternoon I'm going to try and give it a soak and block.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
jillybeans
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1163 on: February 08, 2013 02:11:03 PM »

Start with season 1 (2005) and get all the way through it, ignoring the fact that some of the special effects are silly.  It takes a few episodes to start to love Chris Eccleston, but he's well worth it.   

Then....  watch the first episode of season 2.  Try very hard to ignore the fact that Barty Crouch Jr., has murdered Chris Eccleston, who was a very lovely doctor, and who you were half-crushing on. 

Then...  watch episodes 2-4 of season 2.  You will now no longer remember David Tennant ever having been in anything connected with Harry Potter, or that you've ever even seen any such films, because now your heart will be full to bursting with love for the Tenth Doctor.

Then...  try to live the rest of your life knowing that at some point in your now-addicted life, you will loose David Tennant.  Content yourself with watching every second of seasons 2-4 over and over.

Then, start season 5, and try not to hate Matt Smith for the simple crime of NOT being David Tennant.  Eventually he may or may not grow on you.  It is hit or miss.

Oh, and try to not cry for too many hours straight when you loose Donna.  Because you will cry.  I would say that if you don't cry when Donna leaves, you have no soul.  But you all like Harry Potter, so you do in fact have souls.  But you're going to wish you couldn't feel anything ever again, the way that Harry did after loosing Sirius, when Donna Noble leaves the TARDIS.

(What the crap am I doing typing this when I should be working on that 18th century pirate coat???)

lol jennie!  I totally just finished Doctor Who like last week for the first time and you described it PERFECTLY!!!  At first I was all like, this guy?  Barty Crouch Jr?  The new doctor?  Weird.  And then I was all like, NEVER LEAVE ME!!!  I never warmed up to Matt Smith.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

I've moved in May 2013!  Contact me for my new address!
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1164 on: February 08, 2013 02:13:01 PM »

Tiamat, I love that sweater! It's such a pretty shade of hot pink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiamatfire
« Reply #1165 on: February 08, 2013 02:48:34 PM »

Tiamat, I love that sweater! It's such a pretty shade of hot pink!

I know, the pictures make it look WILD!  I swear though it's a more jewel-toned raspberry pink.  For some reason my camera phone (my old camera is both crummier in general than my iPhone camera and has been cat-gnawed so the buttoms suck) messes with the colour big time.  It'd be great in that colour too though, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patterns!" - Albus Dumbledore

Harry Potter Craftalong: Spring Semester!
indigo_roses
« Reply #1166 on: February 08, 2013 02:49:49 PM »

FiberAlchemist, I love it! Great job. Cheesy

jennie, I agree with absolutely everything you said. I still miss David and Donna.  Cry

tia, great job on finishing the sweater! I'm hoping to knit a sweater or cardigan this winter/spring. We'll see though, I have so many projects that I want to do/have the yarn for!

Now I'm off to crochet a square or two for my OWL, eat some dinner, and then knit a sock while drinking a hot mug of tea while it snows outside. This is my favorite kind of snow - the kind where I don't have to go anywhere while it's snowing. Tongue
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013 02:50:19 PM by indigo_roses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

« Reply #1167 on: February 08, 2013 03:35:54 PM »

haha...I never made it through season 1. I don't remember where I left off. I made it to the Daleks, but not the weeping angels (are they even in season 1?). That's all I know. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it.

I want to just start at season 2, but I'm just not that kind of fan, ya know?

tiamatfire - LOVE your sweater. Perfect for February AND Extra Credit!! Just awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #1168 on: February 08, 2013 03:57:47 PM »

You have to do the new season one, otherwise how would you appreciate rose??!  Grin

then, once you catch up and start cursing moffat for only bringing out new episodes at a rate of one every blue moon, realise that you actually still have (the first) 26 series to go watch... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
pottermouth

I like Kit-Kat, unless I'm with 4 or more people.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1169 on: February 08, 2013 04:18:22 PM »

Abbee- nice cuff! Did you stamp the letters or print them?

AugustBell- How did I miss your beautiful blanket?! Love the colours!!!

FiberAlchemist- EEEEEEEE! It's fantastic! (bonus points for blocking...)

tia- Wow. Your sweater is gorgeous. Congrats on finishing!

jennie- oh, Donna. Donna, Donna, Donna. I cried as much then as when I thought Twister was dead in Larkrise to Candleford. We're Twister fans.

And a NEWT update: (with a blurry pic)

All of the squares have borders and I have the placement arranged so now I have to sew the squares together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jamberry Nail Wraps Put To The Deal Or Dud Test
Celebrity Skincare Secrets Revealed
The Need for Speed in Your Beauty Routine
Sweater Weather Make-Up
Beauty and the Blog: Christmas Beauty Wish List
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...