A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,401
Currently Running With Scissors:
761 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 148
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HP Craftalong ~Winter Semester 2012~ *CLOSED*  (Read 179228 times)
Tags for this thread: alchemy , harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErinAquaheart
« Reply #1040 on: February 02, 2013 08:11:25 AM »

OH!!!! PattyO'!!!! That is amazing! I just want one for myself it is so so so amazing!!! I love all the little people.

I had me a little fun last night. I finally found a way to use a stockpile of Pixie earwax that I've been saving. You know, that stuff is incredibly colorful! Coming in a rainbow of colors. If you make a pixie mad enough it will leave earwax smears around that are easy to gather up and repurpose.

Class/Challenge: Weekly Bean---Earwax
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Colorful Crayon Stars
Project Description: After gathering a little bit of blue, pink, and purple Pixie earwax I melted all those little blobs down (fun that Pixie wax smells alot like crayons  Grin) And poured the wax into some star molds that I have had around FOREVER! And when the wax cooled I had these cute stars that are perfect for little baby witch/wizard hands to express themselves with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #1041 on: February 02, 2013 09:04:30 AM »

Patty, that is one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time! I love it, and I'm sure your daughter will too! (If she doesn't, you know there are many many many people on here who do Tongue )

I didn't get too much done on my OWL this week. I have a cold and have been snuggling up with a book at night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1042 on: February 02, 2013 10:17:54 AM »

Ah!! Awesome patty! I second the awesomeness of McGonagall!!

Thanks for the tips Jennie! This bottom row is just a placeholder for the pic. I have LOTS more squares to go! And I've been brainstorming how to make the back more interesting! Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FreakieGeekie

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1043 on: February 02, 2013 11:31:00 AM »

Party I love that castle! Erin, I love the crayons! They're awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Naantje
« Reply #1044 on: February 02, 2013 11:51:40 AM »

Wow, patty_o, your NEWT is amazing!!! I love it!

In other news, I love the heart shaped French Onion Soup! I like to think that if things had gone according to plan at the ministry maybe Kreacher would have gotten to such levels back at Headquarters. What did you use to freeze them, I want that too!

A silicon cupcake mold.

I bought it in the most adorable independant home decor store, but you can find it online too:
In the Netherlands
British Amazon
Amazon USA

I use it quite often, as my round cupcake pan only has room for 6, smaller ones. I make bread pudding in it often too, ideal size for breakfast! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #1045 on: February 02, 2013 12:09:26 PM »

amazing patty - I love the little charecters especially Smiley

So, my boy saw me wearing my cowl and badgered me to make him one two, then his mum saw me while I had that on the needles and asked for another one.... so I have rushed it though so that no one else spots me and asks for more! thus, I present...

Challenge: Bertie Botts Earwax flavoured bean
House: Ra-ra-ravenclaw
project:
You know when you leave the dorm in a bit of rush, late for class, and suddenly realise you forgot to wash behind your ears? Well, these are perfect as they can be pulled up into full earwax-disguise mode Wink
(this is not a comment on the state of my MiLs ears. I wouldn't dare!)

I'm bored of the same pattern now but I have to say my tensioning has got much more even, so it must have been good for me!

hopefully the boy will make an appearance soon so I can delight you all with him wearing his...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
sakuracat23

Don't make me get the flying Monkeys!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 02, 2013 12:55:36 PM »

Noodle bug- I can understand why people want cowl it looks cozy
patty o- Oh my Merlin! Your castle is spectacular!
Confession: I cannot look at the walking dead doll, it freaks me out so much I keep closing my good eye when I go back looking for something. I'm seriously creeped out!! (It's like when someone makes a Doctor Who weeping angel and I'm like "OH MY GOD, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!? Don't you know that that which holds the image of the angel BECOMES the angel! Are you trying to get us all sent back in TIME!? WHO DO YOU WORK FOR???
Antbee-Yay! I freaked someone out.I'm kinda glad now that I didn't use paint to nasty her up.lol but I will say Iv had the same thought about the angels
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013 02:04:35 PM by sakuracat23 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #1047 on: February 02, 2013 02:29:28 PM »

In other news, I love the heart shaped French Onion Soup! I like to think that if things had gone according to plan at the ministry maybe Kreacher would have gotten to such levels back at Headquarters. What did you use to freeze them, I want that too!

A silicon cupcake mold.

I bought it in the most adorable independant home decor store, but you can find it online too:
In the Netherlands
British Amazon
Amazon USA

I use it quite often, as my round cupcake pan only has room for 6, smaller ones. I make bread pudding in it often too, ideal size for breakfast! Smiley

Thanks! What a brilliant idea, I'm totally going to get one and do this from now on- I love it!
And in Honor of Kreacher I might start with the French Onion as well. I have a fondness for it as it was the first recipe we learned (a million years ago) in Home ec class. Smiley

Noodle-bug, I love the pattern of that cowl, what is it called?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
noodle-bug

equal parts love and evil laughter

« Reply #1048 on: February 02, 2013 04:27:20 PM »

ah, I'm glad you like it - it's the same pattern as the last one;
http://www.purlbee.com/garter-gator/2012/12/6/garter-gaiter.html
and i use the debbie bliss yarn called paloma again - it's really nice to work with and it's really soft, not at all itchy (from someone who usually finds wools on skin a bit irritating)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 things in 2014 challenge!
I'm always up for swapping hexies or TM patches (or anything, really!) - PM me Cheesy
Ant Bee

Expecto Procrastinatum!

« Reply #1049 on: February 02, 2013 04:55:07 PM »

ah, I'm glad you like it - it's the same pattern as the last one;
http://www.purlbee.com/garter-gator/2012/12/6/garter-gaiter.html
and i use the debbie bliss yarn called paloma again - it's really nice to work with and it's really soft, not at all itchy (from someone who usually finds wools on skin a bit irritating)
Thanks! I think I see some destashing in my future!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Harry witnessed Professor McGonagall walking right past Peeves who was determinedly loosening a crystal chandelier and could have sworn he heard her tell the poltergeist out of the corner of her mouth 'It unscrews the other way.
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 148 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How-to Create a Fishtail Braid
How to Get Perfect Waves For Prom
Easy Hairdo and Makeup Do for Every Day of the Week
Try This Flirty, Curly Half-Up for V-Day
How to Do a Double Braided Ponytail
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...